eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   What are some good platforms to sell on aside from the basic popular ones we know of? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/133837-what-some-good-platforms-sell-aside-basic-popular-ones-we-know.html)

Kingfisher 02-24-2020 08:26 AM

What are some good platforms to sell on aside from the basic popular ones we know of?

I am looking into branching out here. I love Etsy because they don’t hold ur funds for more than 3 days (for new sellers) I haven’t seen a updated post here on what platforms you like and why and what are other options out there!

phaz0rz 02-24-2020 08:34 AM

Re: What are some good platforms to sell on aside from the basic popular ones we know

Amazon, etsy, walmart.com, poshmark, mercari, craigslist, facebook

agent006140 02-24-2020 11:25 AM

depends on what you sell and what is your preference-fixed price or auction

there is also sears.com if you sell tools

etsy is not too shabby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by assad (Post 1072181)
I thought that website was just for homemade crafted stuff ?

no,it has expanded to antique,vintage stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by assad (Post 1072521)
is that site still about ?

yes.Bonanza is still around,but NO sales for me.
It will copy your Ebay listings and update them

ebluejay,ecrater,Rubylane,WMT,Sears

assad 02-24-2020 01:07 PM

Re: What are some good platforms to sell on aside from the basic popular ones we know

We can discuss this all day but i personally think there is nothing that competes with the big boys ebay amazon etc

Just the amount of sales they generate for you no other platform does that which tbh is really rubbish as its much harder for one when they are not on these platforms to sell

assad 02-25-2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1072061)
etsy is not too shabby.

phaz0rz 02-25-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assad (Post 1072181)

It is - but lots of people are making a killing there. They have significant volume for what they are.

sax4 02-25-2020 07:44 AM

Bonanza was pretty good last time I sold there

assad 02-26-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 1072193)
Bonanza was pretty good last time I sold there

is that site still about ?

james_112233 02-26-2020 07:31 AM

For what I sell, I make my living off eBay and also bring in a little revenue via Etsy. I have tried Amazon but not a single sale. I have tried Facebook and Gumtree but have been scammed or bombarded with a-holes messing me around so they are untrustworthy.

damaxx 05-05-2020 09:47 AM

i need other alternative too

lucy 05-05-2020 10:57 AM

Never put all your eggs in 1 basket as in ebay or amazon, if your account gets limited then your at a loss.

Use different venues to sell

aenews 07-03-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfisher (Post 1071907)
I am looking into branching out here. I love Etsy because they don’t hold ur funds for more than 3 days (for new sellers) I haven’t seen a updated post here on what platforms you like and why and what are other options out there!

Besides Etsy, Bonanza is a good place to expand. Back when I was selling in higher volumes, I had ~70K annual revenue from Bonanza at my peak. It made up the bulk of my sales. You get solid advertising on Google Shopping and elsewhere, my products often made it to the top of the search results. Bonanza has a self-referral affiliate link where if you direct any traffic to your booth, you will pay zero in seller fees. Bonanza also has no set limits unlike eBay, so you can list more expensive items and higher quantities without an issue.

cashwrap12 08-21-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1071908)
Amazon, etsy, walmart.com, poshmark, mercari, craigslist, facebook

Craigslist is 100% dead where I am. No sales in months.

potofgold23 08-23-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aenews (Post 1103879)
Besides Etsy, Bonanza is a good place to expand. Back when I was selling in higher volumes, I had ~70K annual revenue from Bonanza at my peak. It made up the bulk of my sales. You get solid advertising on Google Shopping and elsewhere, my products often made it to the top of the search results. Bonanza has a self-referral affiliate link where if you direct any traffic to your booth, you will pay zero in seller fees. Bonanza also has no set limits unlike eBay, so you can list more expensive items and higher quantities without an issue.

What's the difference between a booth and a webstore on Bonanza? Is there a significant difference sales-wise?

agent006140 08-23-2020 07:40 PM

I must have sold 2 items on Bonanza,in 5 ?6,7?years??
There is a site called MERCARI?
A friend of mine has sold 152 items so far,it is mostly trash with poor pictures,sloppy descriptions,but he has nice things and accept offers.
So it depends on what you sell.

aenews 08-23-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1111875)
I must have sold 2 items on Bonanza,in 5 ?6,7?years??
There is a site called MERCARI?
A friend of mine has sold 152 items so far,it is mostly trash with poor pictures,sloppy descriptions,but he has nice things and accept offers.
So it depends on what you sell.

I sold around 2,000+ on Bonanza, and it was my main revenue source back in the day. Sales will grow once you build up your store and reputation, and there are some good perks with Bonanza that you don't get elsewhere. I have sold on Mercari, but only around 10+ items over the years.

agent006140 08-23-2020 09:29 PM

what do you sell on Bonanza?

haiderekarar13 08-24-2020 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfisher (Post 1071907)

HoWS etsy going for you?

rsot 08-24-2020 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aenews (Post 1111880)
I sold around 2,000+ on Bonanza, and it was my main revenue source back in the day. Sales will grow once you build up your store and reputation, and there are some good perks with Bonanza that you don't get elsewhere. I have sold on Mercari, but only around 10+ items over the years.

Very nice experience on Bonanza - wow :thumb:

aenews 08-30-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1111891)
what do you sell on Bonanza?

I sold primarily phones, tablets, and hotspots. I'm a technology re-seller, so I also sold other technology or technology-related products.

aenews 08-30-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1111926)
Very nice experience on Bonanza - wow :thumb:

Yeah. Unfortunately, my booth was suspended a few years ago. It was basically the equivalent of a VERO strike on eBay. DMCA. The primary company whose products I basically sold for years had filed a complaint, and this killed the account. The products also ceased to be so profitable around this time, so I have largely slowed down selling ever since.

Trying to get back in the game now with a new [stealth] account registered under an LLC. Will likely take some time to get off the ground.