eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Shopify + PayPal Stealth - Not Sure It Even Works? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/134982-shopify-paypal-stealth-not-sure-even-works.html)

Angelus512 04-08-2020 11:42 PM

Shopify + PayPal Stealth - Not Sure It Even Works?

TL;DR Whats the best way to get PayPal back to my shopify store & domain name that hasn't changed. Get a new account with my wife and link it. And if I do will PayPal then notice its the same domain and same Shopify store and just perm limit it again?

When it comes to talking PayPal Stealth + EBay most of the conversation is around New Ebay store and New PayPal store so cross-pollution doesn't happen. But nobody really talks about Shopify in related to stealth PayPal and I'm not sure if it can even work. Hence my TL;DR question

Please read below for expanded info. Basically my PayPal account which was linked to my shopify store and domain name (which hasn't changed) has been Perm Limited. Its my assumption that even linking a new stealth account will simply see a perm limitation occur because PayPal will remember my Shopify store + Domain Name and has it black listed (presumably)

OK guys I am turning to this forum in some desperation and I'm hoping there might be a few "outside the box thinkers" or those who could throw their perspective into the mix and ideally that perspective would come from a place of genuine knowledge.
So here is my story in very short summary......
Have a PayPal business account paired with a PayPal Professional PRO solution (for native credit cards). I have a PayPal manager who looks after my account as well. I've processed as a sum total roughly 500-650k USD through Paypal in the last 8 months or so.
I have 2 accounts with PP. A personal and a business. April 1st 2020 blanket email across all 2 accounts "permanently limited".
I wasn't doing anything special that day or prior to the notification. Called my PayPal manager on April 1st and he said he'd escalate it up the chain and bring it to his Director and so on and so forth. April 9th haven't heard any answer as yet.
Anyways......This PayPal Solution was integrated to Shopify and I continue to process credit cards via my own merchant bank but at the moment I have no PayPal.
So I got a bright spark idea I'll just get my wife to open a PayPal Business Account in her name and then link it to Shopify as normal and run a few quiet transactions through it for a little while.
This thinking also tied in to the Internet Legends/Useful Advice/Bull**** Bad Advice of "Stealth Paypal Accounts"
Which at this point 9 days later with zero resolution from PayPal I'm looking at a lot more seriously than I was before. However it occurred to me that given PayPal + Shopify integrate a lot closer now.....even if I got a new account (which isn't hard) I figure PayPal is going to know the domain name the Shopify store is linked to.
In short does anybody have a clear answer or at least a really strongly educated guess as to how tied in PayPal + Shopify now is? I've heard a lot of opinions that PayPal knows the shopify store your account was linked to and the domain name that was processing payments.
And if you try to link those stores or domain names back to PayPal again even if through another account its the store and domain name that have been blacklisted on payPal as well so you'll just get flagged right away.
The group think goes that the only way to get around that is to simply create a new shopify store, get a new domain name and start from scratch. Which I COULD do if worse comes to worse but my domain has existed for over a year now and garners a **** ton of organic traffic.
My original thinking was I'll sit on my hands and wait for my account manager to handle the situation and give me a final answer as I've heard 90% of appeals are denied but in some cases if escalated properly they can be reversed. And I've done an ass-ton of business with PayPal and before anybody asks yeah my chargeback ratio is low like 0.04% so not even close to being 1%+

Angelus512 04-10-2020 11:53 PM

Re: Shopify + PayPal Stealth - Not Sure It Even Works?

Legit? Absolutely nobody on this forum has any reply or actual ideas? Wow....

All you guys just seem to obsess over eBay and Amazon stealth which is not where any of the real money is made these days. The fact there is NO reply whatsoever regarding PayPal+Shopify where the BIG money stores operate is pretty telling that this forum has a major knowledge gap.

eBay and Amazon are where kids play for pennies on the dollar. Shopify is where real money is made. Until PayPal closed me out I was making 40,000 USD per month PROFIT.

Not going to lie kind of pissed off after 50 views literally nobody has ANY personal experience or advice whatsoever. If this forum is so eBay+Amazon centric despite the fact businesses are actively moving OFF those platforms then this forum is going to disappear over time and become a lot less relevant.

aspkin 04-11-2020 01:08 AM

Angelus512, shopify is completely different from eBay/PayPal. It's your own eCommerce store which you have to do all the marketing, store setup, policies and more. Whereas eBay/Amazon do all that for you.. you can't expect the group here which focuses on eBay/Amazon to be able to work with Shopify. Sure that would be great if we had more more people like that here but they seem rare.

Basically it's possible but only with a new domain. That's the only option. But don't expect that account to last unless it's real and you have supporting documentation when requested. Especially at the revenue you're generating. Other option is business account.

Learn more about how stealth PayPal accounts work with this understanding and you'll get back up and running again.

Joe_Joe 04-11-2020 05:32 AM

How about redirecting your current URL to a new one? That wouldn't be completely starting from scratch.

Though getting tons of sales on a brand new PP will probably get you limited.

See if it's possible to redirect a URL to multiple URL's and spread the sales. From a marketing standpoint it will be challenging but that's for you to figure ;)

Evofox 04-11-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus512 (Post 1083745)
TL;DR Whats the best way to get PayPal back to my shopify store & domain name that hasn't changed. Get a new account with my wife and link it. And if I do will PayPal then notice its the same domain and same Shopify store and just perm limit it again?

When it comes to talking PayPal Stealth + EBay most of the conversation is around New Ebay store and New PayPal store so cross-pollution doesn't happen. But nobody really talks about Shopify in related to stealth PayPal and I'm not sure if it can even work. Hence my TL;DR question

Please read below for expanded info. Basically my PayPal account which was linked to my shopify store and domain name (which hasn't changed) has been Perm Limited. Its my assumption that even linking a new stealth account will simply see a perm limitation occur because PayPal will remember my Shopify store + Domain Name and has it black listed (presumably)

OK guys I am turning to this forum in some desperation and I'm hoping there might be a few "outside the box thinkers" or those who could throw their perspective into the mix and ideally that perspective would come from a place of genuine knowledge.

So here is my story in very short summary......

Have a PayPal business account paired with a PayPal Professional PRO solution (for native credit cards). I have a PayPal manager who looks after my account as well. I've processed as a sum total roughly 500-650k USD through Paypal in the last 8 months or so.

I have 2 accounts with PP. A personal and a business. April 1st 2020 blanket email across all 2 accounts "permanently limited".

I wasn't doing anything special that day or prior to the notification. Called my PayPal manager on April 1st and he said he'd escalate it up the chain and bring it to his Director and so on and so forth. April 9th haven't heard any answer as yet.

Anyways......This PayPal Solution was integrated to Shopify and I continue to process credit cards via my own merchant bank but at the moment I have no PayPal.

So I got a bright spark idea I'll just get my wife to open a PayPal Business Account in her name and then link it to Shopify as normal and run a few quiet transactions through it for a little while.

This thinking also tied in to the Internet Legends/Useful Advice/Bull**** Bad Advice of "Stealth Paypal Accounts"

Which at this point 9 days later with zero resolution from PayPal I'm looking at a lot more seriously than I was before. However it occurred to me that given PayPal + Shopify integrate a lot closer now.....even if I got a new account (which isn't hard) I figure PayPal is going to know the domain name the Shopify store is linked to.

In short does anybody have a clear answer or at least a really strongly educated guess as to how tied in PayPal + Shopify now is? I've heard a lot of opinions that PayPal knows the shopify store your account was linked to and the domain name that was processing payments.

And if you try to link those stores or domain names back to PayPal again even if through another account its the store and domain name that have been blacklisted on payPal as well so you'll just get flagged right away.

The group think goes that the only way to get around that is to simply create a new shopify store, get a new domain name and start from scratch. Which I COULD do if worse comes to worse but my domain has existed for over a year now and garners a **** ton of organic traffic.

My original thinking was I'll sit on my hands and wait for my account manager to handle the situation and give me a final answer as I've heard 90% of appeals are denied but in some cases if escalated properly they can be reversed. And I've done an ass-ton of business with PayPal and before anybody asks yeah my chargeback ratio is low like 0.04% so not even close to being 1%+

I use shopify aswell, you have shopify payments or any other merchant account you can use, why you want to use PayPal? If your store is popular with a lot of orders or reviews people will buy even without PayPal, I find it strange that a legit business gets his account limited with PayPal, you made an error for sure.
I have a PayPal account that was attached to my shopify store and the account got banned because I got banned on eBay with the same PayPal account attached.. Now on my shopify store I use a new PayPal stealth with no problem, on my PayPal business account I do not put the website link and I do not put that I sell on a website. I put that I sell on a different marketplace. Maybe for me it works because the pervious account was banned bacause of eBay and not shopify directly. But I don't think that they link the PayPal account

Lans 04-11-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Short answer is we do not know. Why? We are not PayPal.
Now, the real question is, is that possible? YES, of course. You can definitely do that.
In cases like that DO NOT use a new paypal, MUST BE Aged, and a BUSINESS type account.
Will PayPal permanently suspend it? it actually depends on your selling activity. I haven't read your whole post, but the suspension depends solely on your activity. If you will not commit the same mistakes you might have a good outcome on this.

Lans 04-11-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evofox (Post 1084566)
I use shopify aswell, you have shopify payments or any other merchant account you can use, why you want to use PayPal? If your store is popular with a lot of orders or reviews people will buy even without PayPal, I find it strange that a legit business gets his account limited with PayPal, you made an error for sure.
I have a PayPal account that was attached to my shopify store and the account got banned because I got banned on eBay with the same PayPal account attached.. Now on my shopify store I use a new PayPal stealth with no problem, on my PayPal business account I do not put the website link and I do not put that I sell on a website. I put that I sell on a different marketplace. Maybe for me it works because the pervious account was banned bacause of eBay and not shopify directly. But I don't think that they link the PayPal account

I have 5 different stores, with different niches. I have some with shopify payment. But the PayPal set-up has more sales compared to my shopify payments set-up. That's maybe his reason of using the paypal payment processor.

Angelus512 04-13-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evofox (Post 1084566)

Evofox - could you clarify a bit more about your statement of "on my PayPal Business Account I do not put the website link and I do not put that I sell on a website"

It was my understanding that when a customer buys something from your Shopify/Domain website using PayPal that the URL/Address link of where they bought it from us *automatically* attached to the order so PayPal staff can refer to the original URL if needed.

So I'm not fully understanding your comment there.

Angelus512 04-13-2020 07:51 PM

Is it the general consensus that (as I assumed) PayPal has already linked my domain .com address to these PayPal accounts and any future PayPal accounts used on that same domain name will simply be banned?

That the only work-around is to start from a new domain name?

dodya 04-14-2020 01:14 PM

I had a successful dropshipping shopify store that generated 300k and never had paypal as a payment method. They will always limit you somehow. I stopped using them for years. I use stripe as a payment processor.

aspkin 04-14-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus512 (Post 1085220)
Is it the general consensus that (as I assumed) PayPal has already linked my domain .com address to these PayPal accounts and any future PayPal accounts used on that same domain name will simply be banned?

Yes, as I mentioned already.

Lans 04-14-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus512 (Post 1085220)

Yes, it's already linked. Our paypal account have a unique merchant ID.
You can still use that domain with an aged business paypal account.
And then start your new domain at the same time.

Angelus512 04-15-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodya (Post 1085394)
I had a successful dropshipping shopify store that generated 300k and never had paypal as a payment method. They will always limit you somehow. I stopped using them for years. I use stripe as a payment processor.

How did that work out for you so easily? Because Stripe absolutely *hates* drop shippers. In fact they specifically exclude them in their user agreement.

I've read countless comments (including my own experience) where if Stripe thinks you're a drop shipper you'll just get dropped from their service inside 1-2 weeks.

Lans 04-15-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus512 (Post 1085511)
How did that work out for you so easily? Because Stripe absolutely *hates* drop shippers. In fact they specifically exclude them in their user agreement.

I've read countless comments (including my own experience) where if Stripe thinks you're a drop shipper you'll just get dropped from their service inside 1-2 weeks.

It actually depends on what you are selling. Are you a member of any shopify drop shippers groups yet?
Like very seldom reported to have problems with stripe lately. Most of us are doing just fine. Well, most of buyers we had were just using their cards thru paypal.

Angelus512 04-16-2020 08:40 AM

I should be transparent with you guys so this might help. Website is PODSBAY.COM
I am selling in excess of 3K USD per day with a fat ass profit margin.

Stripe hates me as do most processors. I am very keen to learn from helpful members here as (again to be transparent) I've left my real job some 1 year back and I am now incapable of working for "the man" ever again.

So e-commerce has become my lifeblood and I am eager to sponge up any and all knowledge anybody has to give me.

In short stripe hates hates me and no @Lans I never joined any drop shippers groups as yet. Also special note to

@Aspkin I appreciate you wading in on the thread and providing your succinct insight which was basically spot on to what I assumed.

Evofox 04-16-2020 03:01 PM

I think you are getting limited from PayPal and stripe for the product or for a lot of disputes.
I never had problems with stripe or PayPal with shopify, I see that your website has a lot of bad reviews and I imagine a lot of disputes and people that want a refund.
Never dropship electronic products. Is not a smart move

salemzaid1 06-12-2020 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evofox (Post 1085953)
I think you are getting limited from PayPal and stripe for the product or for a lot of disputes.
I never had problems with stripe or PayPal with shopify, I see that your website has a lot of bad reviews and I imagine a lot of disputes and people that want a refund.
Never dropship electronic products. Is not a smart move

of course. he is not being transparent why. i used to talk like him, but i never admitted that I was on MATCH list.

IdoDropshipping 07-21-2020 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus512 (Post 1085848)
I should be transparent with you guys so this might help. Website is PODSBAY.COM
I am selling in excess of 3K USD per day with a fat ass profit margin.

Stripe hates me as do most processors. I am very keen to learn from helpful members here as (again to be transparent) I've left my real job some 1 year back and I am now incapable of working for "the man" ever again.

So e-commerce has become my lifeblood and I am eager to sponge up any and all knowledge anybody has to give me.

In short stripe hates hates me and no @Lans I never joined any drop shippers groups as yet. Also special note to

@Aspkin I appreciate you wading in on the thread and providing your succinct insight which was basically spot on to what I assumed.

Oh boy, you better lawyer up

raAlfa 07-31-2020 04:19 PM

Apply for high risk merchant account. Use stealth Paypals.

Kinda easy? Not sure what is so difficult. You have the funds, use them to create the environment you need to run your business.

prodigyace 08-04-2020 03:48 PM

I can tell you now it's probably because of the product you sell. You're going to keep having this issue until you have some design changes to the products you sell. Everyone can tell globally at first glance those are airpod copies. I'm sure whenever a payment processor reviews your account, they deny you because of what you're selling.

Why not start having a factory produce something slightly different and keep marketing to the same market? I've done it on eBay with success, but stopped selling because the account was suspended and got into a market I love with products I can start branding.

Question: do you do the marketing yourself, or pay someone? I need to find someone who can help me navigate marketing the right way

raAlfa 08-04-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prodigyace (Post 1109028)
Everyone can tell globally at first glance those are airpod copies.

Why not start having a factory produce something slightly different and keep marketing to the same market?

Because people buy it because of exactly that reason. Kinda self explanatory, dont you think?

prodigyace 08-05-2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raAlfa (Post 1109051)
Because people buy it because of exactly that reason. Kinda self explanatory, dont you think?

I've dealt in the market so yeah I know, sales are very good for these sort of items. The OP's concern is trying to work with PayPal in this sort of high risk business. It's clearly replicas, so don't expect most merchants (especially PayPal) to want to deal with you because of the issues that will most likely follow, including a possible lawsuit from apple. Not saying it's going to happen, but if you start making enough noise, it can.