eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Stealth Shopify account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/138099-stealth-shopify-account.html)

HelpNeeded! 07-31-2020 09:28 PM

Stealth Shopify account?

I'm not sure if this is possible, or what my options really are here. Did a search on the forums and didn't see much here.

Anyway, I had an influx of fraudulent orders on my website. Anything that failed their filters was cancelled and the customer was contacted asking to resubmit the order and ensure all info (such as biling address) match and they are not using a VPN to mask their location.

Anyway, I was using Shopify Payments. It was nice - daily disbursements. Until I get the dreaded email from Shopify Risk dept that my account is too risky and they will not let me accept payments with them again. They referred me to authorize.net. So I figured why not.

Authorize.net tells me I'll have my first disbursement in 5-7 days then daily after that. 2 weeks later and they finally tell me underwriting refused to approve my Authorize.net account. Now this one had no chargebacks or anything.. And they are keeping the funds for about $15k in product I shipped for 120 days...

So long story short, can a stealth Shopify account be made so I can create a new site and use Shopify Payments again instead of PayPal which I am now currently using?

Or do they even care if the accounts are linked?

aspkin 07-31-2020 09:32 PM

Re: Stealth Shopify account?

Why not use Stripe? It's like Authorize.net but much much better..

Regarding stealth Shopify.. I don't see why not but of course with that you need a new domain.

I'm not sure how aggressive Shopify is about linked accounts, especially when it comes to their payment processing. I would assume it's an issue and they're against it. That said I don't see why you can't go stealth with it

HelpNeeded! 07-31-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 1108530)
Why not use Stripe? It's like Authorize.net but much much better..

Regarding stealth Shopify.. I don't see why not but of course with that you need a new domain.

I'm not sure how aggressive Shopify is about linked accounts, especially when it comes to their payment processing. I would assume it's an issue and they're against it. That said I don't see why you can't go stealth with it

I would but I got denied on my Stripe Application. Thanks for the reply though, I will try to make a new stealth account using the standard ways.

Twocoolt 11-23-2020 12:02 PM

Shopify payments integrates Stripe which is why you cannot setup Stripe payments in the US and would be why you got denied. I tried to use my existing Stripe account on Shopify but I cannot and was told Shopify payments uses Stripe behind the scenes.

chickendinner 01-14-2021 10:38 AM

Is shopify better than eBay? With regards to:

Selling on their
How many users they have

Any help would be appreciated!

Grlymax 01-15-2021 06:45 AM

I have a stealth Shopify store.
You need to print out a w9 and change the owner info to stealth. That should reset your Shopify payments and get it back to normal. Send me a PM if you need some help.

Grlymax 01-15-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickendinner (Post 1136397)
Is shopify better than eBay? With regards to:

Selling on their
How many users they have

Any help would be appreciated!

Depends on if you can market your website. It’s def not “better” then eBay, cheaper for sure but not nearly as much traffic. For myself I would say it’s a 3:1 ratio eBay:Shopify.

If you have an ebay you can quickly make a Shopify store using INKFROG and all your listing will transfer over.

Dwajs1 03-11-2023 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grlymax (Post 1136518)
I have a stealth Shopify store.
You need to print out a w9 and change the owner info to stealth. That should reset your Shopify payments and get it back to normal. Send me a PM if you need some help.

Im new here but need help with this as well please. Can you PM me i need 25 posts to PM you ;/

Psychicramlaxman 04-14-2023 09:20 AM

A stealth account is one that is not linked to another account. This means that all the accounts are under different names, different IP addresses, and different browsers. This means that the accounts are not owned by the same individual.

rsot 04-16-2023 08:08 AM

Welcome to the forum both of you - all the best as you master stealth :thumb: