eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Start-up project in need of suggestions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/143266-start-up-project-need-suggestions.html)

justsomerandomdude 04-28-2021 12:58 PM

Start-up project in need of suggestions

Hi everyone! I hope ya'll are doing good. I'll cut to the chase, basically, I'll be trying to put in some time off my 9-5 every single day to begin my start-up idea. I've been saving up for a while now, but my projected capital is still quite low. The idea I have in mind is going to need a lot of developers, but I'm not really in a position to hire top-rated devs. Does anyone know where I can go ahead and hire students (I've tried joining student forums) or devs that are entry-level? Thanks to anyone who can recommend anything, I'm approaching my wit's end here.

SaiJin 04-28-2021 04:22 PM

Re: Start-up project in need of suggestions

try upworks.

justsomerandomdude 04-28-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1151467)
try upworks.

I've tried upwork, the few who are actually good enough are way beyond my budget though :(

aspkin 04-29-2021 02:02 AM

Have you tested the demand? If the demand is there then move forward with your idea otherwise you will just be wasting your time.

Create a landing page that offers your product or service (track conversions on email opt-ins or a buy button, it doesn't matter if the buy button doesn't go anywhere as you're just testing demand). Track using google analytics or another tracking service. Spend some money on paid ads (only use google adwords as that's the most targeted), send people to your landing page and aim for conversions.

You'll spend some money up front but you will be testing the actual demand and learning a lot.

This is the part MOST people do not do and wonder why their business fails later on.

Afterwards then create a MVP. You'll want to bootstrap as much as possible initially and aim for profit from day one.. don't go in-debt if possible. This is another mistake people make.

Bootstrap that ****, aim for creating products that solve people's problems, then slowly add on sales and marketing people to your business, as well as devs. However do not forget the sales and marketing people.. they make your business. Devs are a dime a dozen.. a good sales person is worth their weight in gold.

justasuggestion 04-29-2021 02:48 AM

What the admin said is absolutely spot-on dude. If you're out to make a start-up actually work, you need to shell out the cash. If you're idea is really profitable or in-demand, or if you believe in your concept/idea that much, investing in it should be easy but again, quoting what the admin said–DON'T GO IN DEBT.

If you're out to look for student devs, posting a job ad and putting in "students are encouraged to apply" or "position to gain experience for entry-level devs" is a good way to attract your target audience.

If you're actually open to looking for other cheap alternatives, I recommend reading up on this guide that highlights different ways to find web developers for start-ups. You might, at the very least, get to diversify your options.

Pro tip: don't look for the price, look for the skill. Fixing up a cheap error can cause you a huge headache and a larger budget in finding that error in the future.

Good luck with the start-up!