eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Do other platforms besides Amazon & eBay have the same stealth precuations? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/144227-do-other-platforms-besides-amazon-ebay-have-same-stealth-precuations.html)

lightningcablesbreak 06-28-2021 06:35 PM

Do other platforms besides Amazon & eBay have the same stealth precuations?

Poshmark, OfferUp, Mercari, LetGo (let me know what I'm missing) should all the same stealth precautions be followed as if it were Amazon/eBay? Can any of these platforms (that let you ship, not like in person on craigslist) still let you sell without putting your SSN at risk? I assume once they ban your SSN, it's for life or do any of them just let you make a new account with a new address, e-mail, phone and not detect it?
Also, is it safe to used bank accounts that are banned by ebay or amazon on these other platforms or are some of them sharing info somehow?

vettefever17 06-29-2021 11:58 PM

Re: Do other platforms besides Amazon & eBay have the same stealth precuations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightningcablesbreak (Post 1160302)
Poshmark, OfferUp, Mercari, LetGo (let me know what I'm missing) should all the same stealth precautions be followed as if it were Amazon/eBay? Can any of these platforms (that let you ship, not like in person on craigslist) still let you sell without putting your SSN at risk? I assume once they ban your SSN, it's for life or do any of them just let you make a new account with a new address, e-mail, phone and not detect it?
Also, is it safe to used bank accounts that are banned by ebay or amazon on these other platforms or are some of them sharing info somehow?

The SSN question is still out for question, as we dont have the information on eBay and Managed Payment procedures.

As for total platform information sharing, no. Each platform has its own user agreement unless it notes otherwise. The only way a company would share your data between different business units would be if they are owned by the same company or umbrella company.

xb37x 07-06-2021 02:17 PM

they are all completely different platforms so it would be assumed that the data is not shared although techinques used are similar for each platform. dont assume what will get you banned on 3bay wont get you banned on m3rcar1, 3t$i, etc.

SaiJin 07-14-2021 01:02 PM

The basics are almost the same then there are unique things to keep in mind for each platform.