Facebook Marketplace - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 12-16-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Facebook Marketplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
We buy tons of stuff there for around the house. I didn't even know they support shipping orders. Do they have payments built in now?
There was a thread recently about how someone's account is limited to only $500 on shipping orders.

I don't remember the details, but if you can find it maybe you'll know better than me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalljenner View Post
my account keeps getting limited
Provide more details for analysis on account setup and operation
Old 02-16-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
There was a thread recently about how someone's account is limited to only $500 on shipping orders.

I don't remember the details, but if you can find it maybe you'll know better than me.
Here's my experience with Facebook marketplace (I got the idea to try it after reading this thread last month)
The hurdle for Facebook marketplace was $600 for me. That's when they hide your listings until you provide a SSN.
After that, brisk sales continued until I reached $1000 in sales, then they shadow banned my listings. (No notifications, just greyed out the buy button on all of my listings so nobody could purchase).
After a few days went by without a single sale, I deleted every listing. I waited a week, then started listing one item per day, very slowly.
Sales, clicks on listings, customer questions are all very slow these days, so they clearly don't like something about me. Maybe I started to fast (I had 34 sales over my first week), now I'm averaging just 2 a week.
Either way I'm hoping it gets better as I think this is a viable addition to Ebay. A different crowd of eyes buying your goods is always welcome.
Facebook marketplace pros:
Fees of 5% total less than half of Ebay's.
Virtually no chance of scammers since you see people's facebook profiles...too personal for a scammer I suppose.
Easy format to list. You can hide listings from friends, set to ship only and label printing is a breeze.
Cons of Facebook marketplace:
Your payouts are issued days after delivery. You will wait a week or longer in some cases.
Facebook users are a chatty bunch. They message you often, very personal stuff about how much their mother will enjoy this or that, etc. Very nice people, but time consuming to message everyone back.
Shadowbanning, uneven sales, never a communication from Facebook and absolutely nobody to call with concerns. They don't seem to care if you sell or not.
I don't think they make any real money as the 5% fee covers the credit card processing, buyer protection program, etc.
Old 02-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 58%

Does facebook marketplace hold funds until tracking number states item has arrived, or is it released to seller immediately after payment?
Old 02-16-2022

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 12%

fb marketplace can be a gold rush if you list something that is trending
Old 02-18-2022

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
Does facebook marketplace hold funds until tracking number states item has arrived, or is it released to seller immediately after payment?
There's no set pattern to when those dumbasses pay out. It can be a month sometimes. It's ridiculous...
Old 02-21-2022

Longevity: 62%

So far I've had two accounts get locked up for no reason but their own stupid paranoia algorithm. The first one locked while I was editing some items ��*♂️. Second one I had to confirm login credentials from parent device. I don't offer shipping only sell locally. Going on 4th month and really experiencing rock bottom item performance selling new Milwaukee DeWalt. Went to FB jail a few times for something said in a group.

NEVER ever mix your marketplace business with other parts of Facebook. And ALWAYS block time wasters and low ballers right away.
The Following User Says Thank You to okay For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-21-2022)
Old 04-02-2022

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It is a huge hassle. Their payment system sucks and really easy to get locked out of banned. Secondary is PayPal invoicing and again, a huge hassle.

It CAN be great and it can be a huge burden depending on your personal patience dealing with messages and people.
Does the user name have to match the PP associated?

Thanks!!
S4L
Old 06-11-2022

Longevity: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
Facebook, IMO, is unlike any of the other market places

It can be very very profitable but it needs to be worked

I list on Facebook status here every 4 weeks. It is an agricultural item - very niche market. I list it on Facebook Marketplace and then share it to over 100 groups that I have joined. 2 weeks later I list a similar but different item

I offer payment by bank transfer or Paypal - it's money for old rope really

The problem is you need to be on top of it all the time. Messages need answering quickly and I send Paypal invoices if that's how they want to pay. After 3 or 4 days sales dry up and after 2 weeks I cancel all listings to make way for the alternative.

It's a good side gig for me and I must admit it's quite useful

I don't buy promotions so my costs are nil

Do your homework first but it costs nothing to try

No, You cannot use the Facebook marketplace without a Facebook account. Facebook marketplace is a service provided by Facebook itselfTo access Facebook Marketplace, click the Marketplace icon in the main menu on the Facebook website or app.
If you don't see Marketplace when logged into Facebook, try logging out and back in, or reinstalling the app.
Facebook Marketplace is only available to users 18 and older in supported countries.
Old 06-18-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAva View Post
No, You cannot use the Facebook marketplace without a Facebook account. Facebook marketplace is a service provided by Facebook itselfTo access Facebook Marketplace, click the Marketplace icon in the main menu on the Facebook website or app.
If you don't see Marketplace when logged into Facebook, try logging out and back in, or reinstalling the app.
Facebook Marketplace is only available to users 18 and older in supported countries.
Nice explanation
Old 06-19-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

why not just buy an existing sales venue and get it over with.
Old 08-08-2022

Longevity: 72%

I agree it sucks. Started and hot shipping approved for 1 week. Then woke up stripe had banned me. It sucks
Old 08-08-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

What is it you do exxactly to have stripe ban you?

I don't think stripe is known to be a pain unless you are doing something you're not supposed to?
Old 08-16-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Facebook is huge but profits are less then eBay. I’ve been selling on Facebook since the start of the year after losing my eBay account. If it wasn’t for Facebook then I would of lost my entire business.

I’m back on eBay now after finally learning how to create stealth accounts with managed payments but if you find the right product to sell then theirs good profit to be made.

To be successful you need delivery option on. You have to accept facebooks payment system they use I can’t remember the name of the payment processor now.

I had few orders but I cancelled them as I didn’t want to use their payment system and now they don’t allow me to use their payment processor which is good as I always used PayPal anyway views and clicks were still not effected because of this or sales.

Pick a hot a product in demand and your get messages and sales on Facebook. Trick is to use multiple PayPal accounts as well. Don’t carry your eggs in one basket.
Old 08-17-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Pick a hot a product in demand and your get messages and sales on Facebook. Trick is to use multiple PayPal accounts as well. Don’t carry your eggs in one basket.
Right on - backups.
Old 08-17-2022

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
I made £345 profit today - I posted a listing at 7.30am - it's now 11.20 pm

Tomorrow I will probably make £160 plus - that's profit

So I make a monkey a week with no costs

What's not to like?

Are these local pick ups or are you shipping?
Old 08-17-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg123 View Post
Are these local pick ups or are you shipping?
Same I make around £80-£100 profit per item profit should increase when I sell new versions when they come out no fees apart from PayPal fees. Love the odd cash in hand job. Got £560 cash last week for 2 items £200 profit in one day.

Another good thing about Facebook is you can get same buyer who wants to buy again and re sell this has happened to me a few times and I’ve become a supplier to some buyers.
Old 09-07-2022

Longevity: 18%

Made a few thousand on FB last year but it was non-stop selling to people through messages, leads came from ads, that helped alot.

I made my first #500 on FB payments fast so they killed my FB Pay until I added a social, which I did, but it took months for them to verify...

So, I continued selling under the radar by aggressively selling to interested people through messages and taking payments via Zelle, Cashapp, PP and Venmo (waay against FB ToS) and made about 4000 until it was too much work talking the money out of customers since I couldnt take PP or FB Pay, tire-kicking and scammy competitors and crap..but I would do it again, that $4600 really helped me out.

FB was so dumb that even items that shipped by the time my account got banned from marketplace, were paid out to me a day or two after adding tracking. I couldve shipped rocks and gotten paid.. hahaaa

But, If i was able to take FB Pay and PP the whole time, might have made triple that.

Edit - 100% shipped physical items

Last edited by aaa7z5; 09-08-2022 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2022

Reading a few comments here you don’t have to accept Facebook payment method they have which is stripe you just need to verify your details with stripe.

Verifying your details allows your listing to be shown to the whole country and not your location. You must have delivery on to be successful with Facebook.

So if you was in America after $600 you wouldn’t need to provide SSN.

I cancelled 4/6 orders with stripe my delivery rate went to 100% my account wasn’t effected and now Facebook buyers can’t use the buy button to pay through stripe which is good for me as I like PayPal.

I have no feedback ratings but it never effected sales performance.

After a few months the delivery rate gets wiped off and back to 0%.

I just accept cash and PayPal and when I’m out of stock I will select the reason item never sold I never say my item has been sold.

I have to be honest Facebook has been good to me especially when I lost my eBay accounts but I prefer eBay to Facebook as it’s easier life no messages back and fourth and can just post item as soon as it sells.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-18-2022)