Walmart' 3rd party marketplace...anyone use it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-13-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!
Default Walmart' 3rd party marketplace...anyone use it?

I searched but the threads I found about Walmart were all very old..

Anyway, I decided to give it a shot and register with them today. Within hours I got the approval to list 500 SKUs to start. From what I recall, wasn't it an arduous process to get approved by Walmart to sell? This was less work than creating an eBay account, and MUCH less work than creating one for Amazon.

For those that have used Walmart, what was your experience like? Same garbage Amaozon/eBay puts us through or could it be a viable outlet?
The Following User Says Thank You to HelpNeeded! For This Useful Post:
appleip1 (09-19-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Walmart' 3rd party marketplace...anyone use it?

Interesting - 500 SKUs...wow - following for other comments
Old 08-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

It used to be a very slow process to start. Sometimes months and if you did not have a company registered oftentimes or even most of the time a denial.

It can be good. One major downfall is people can return your goods to any Walmart now so we got a lot of returns that were not the actual items sent.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Interesting - 500 SKUs...wow - following for other comments
Yeah.. took me by surprise too since as we all know for other marketplaces we have to slowly build the account before being able to list more, regardless of what our selling limits are. One of the Walmart follow up emails was even a bit condescending in asking if I reached 500 SKUs yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It used to be a very slow process to start. Sometimes months and if you did not have a company registered oftentimes or even most of the time a denial.

It can be good. One major downfall is people can return your goods to any Walmart now so we got a lot of returns that were not the actual items sent.
I thought I recalled it being hard to get into, hence why its been on the back burner for so long. After the application they said it can take a while to get back (I forget what timeline they gave) so I was surprised to see that I was approved maybe 2-3 hours after submitting the application. Not sure if they've opened the floodgates or not but I barely had to submit any info as well. This particular company of mine I am bringing to Walmart has been around since 08 so maybe they were able to see the history and brand recognition and pushed it through? We haven't had much publicity as of lately but years ago we were in the news a lot.

Sucks to hear about the returns.. we sell electronics that we make and that is the one thing I hate about Amazon - people returning either an entirely different item, the item intentionally smashed into pieces, or even no item at all.. I account for all of those losses when doing my financials but maybe I'll have to weigh in the potential losses as being greater if this platform works for us. I think the convenience of being able to go into a store for a return, and being able to yell at the person behind the counter, is enticing for some buyers who normally would not do a return because its not worth the hassle.
Old 08-13-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

I hope those who shop on WMT are better/
I think you get quick approval because you are an established retailer.
When I applied to sell on Sears,they are very demanding and their website hard to list

WMT shopppers can ask to pick up the item in their local Wmt store,if so,WMT will give you a Fed Exp label to do so,at no charge to you

Please have this required information available when completing the application:

US Business Tax ID (SSN not accepted)
W9 or W8 and EIN Verification Letter from the Department of Treasury that verifies your US business address or place of physical operations
Address or place of physical operations
US Business address
Planned integration method for your product catalog (bulk upload, API, solution provider)
Primary product categories, catalog size and related information (e.g. total SKUs you will be selling on Walmart.com initially with verified UPC information, and used vs. refurbished etc.)

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-13-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2021

Longevity: 24%

Ehi, if interested to sell this walmart seller account, I can give you very good deal and offer.
Contact me
Old 10-10-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

In order to compete against AMZN,WMT has to attract more buyers,sellers are often buyers as well,so third party sellers are welcome,there are some products WMT does not carry,but third party sellers do.
dont be surprised if some day WMT could offer FBW,full fillment by Walmart.
Like AMZN,WMT has warehouses all over the world,it offers faster delivery if you are a distributor or manufacturer,you can send your goods to various WMT warehouses .
Old 10-10-2021

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
dont be surprised if some day WMT could offer FBW,full fillment by Walmart.
They've been doing this for about 2 years now...
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-10-2021)