eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Cease and Desist Letter From Sideman & Bancroft Can Read delivered by FedEx (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/146914-cease-desist-letter-sideman-bancroft-can-read-delivered-fedex.html)

amin530 02-20-2022 05:14 PM

Cease and Desist Letter From Sideman & Bancroft Can Read delivered by FedEx

I have received Cease and Desist Letter From Sidemon Bancrift for cosmetic item.
Please advise if I should reply them back through hiring attorney or just Ignore that letter?
It was sent to me through FedEx but no signature was required was left at my front door.
Letter does have my real name and address as I recently change stealth to my real due tp MP requirement.

They stating they have purchased one of my item and it waas f***e and send me this letter
Asking me to provide them detail of suppliers and all orer infp from pst 2 years, and send them all profit I have made plus $500 for there lawyer fee by march 1st.

Please someone advice.

KODE332 02-20-2022 05:28 PM

Re: Cease and Desist Letter From Sideman & Bancroft Can Read delivered by FedEx

definitely ignore and close down the store

Hank 02-20-2022 06:20 PM

Do not reply, delete all offending listings and as the poster above said I might be tempted to lie low with the account for a while at the very least.

amin530 02-20-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KODE332 (Post 1185483)
definitely ignore and close down the store

That ebay is suspended and does not have any active listings now.

rsot 02-21-2022 07:28 AM

Forget the account - listen to Hank - don't redo activity on a new account

amin530 02-21-2022 08:09 AM

On that suspended accout was sold 1 0 0 of those thos items so still ignore that letter correct? Or suggest get attorney?

poppyman123 02-21-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amin530 (Post 1185481)
I have received Cease and Desist Letter From Sidemon Bancrift for cosmetic item.
Please advise if I should reply them back through hiring attorney or just Ignore that letter?
It was sent to me through FedEx but no signature was required was left at my front door.
Letter does have my real name and address as I recently change stealth to my real due tp MP requirement.

They stating they have purchased one of my item and it waas f***e and send me this letter
Asking me to provide them detail of suppliers and all orer infp from pst 2 years, and send them all profit I have made plus $500 for there lawyer fee by march 1st.

Please someone advice.

I have received a bunch of these and I always just comply and respond that I have removed whatever items from my inventory. I would not recommend ignoring their request.

I would not send them any money however. I would wait and see what (if any) response they have to you just saying that you will stop and removing those products.

Feel like I should also add in that I am not a lawyer ha.

phaz0rz 02-21-2022 10:11 AM

Responding to them just admits your guilt and confirms to the lawyers that they've reached the party they were looking for.

murdered_by_ebay 02-21-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Please someone advice.

if the letter was addressed to you just respond and tell them you do not sell on ebay and don't know anything about this. you can also ask to give more details about this as you intend to file a police report since your name was used without permission

in most cases lawyers would just let it go unless it is about a lot of $$$

Hank 02-21-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1185591)
if the letter was addressed to you just respond and tell them you do not sell on ebay and don't know anything about this. you can also ask to give more details about this as you intend to file a police report since your name was used without permission

in most cases lawyers would just let it go unless it is about a lot of $$$

See phaz0rz reply above......:doh:

murdered_by_ebay 02-21-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1185593)
See phaz0rz reply above......:doh:

reponse and admission is not the same , it depends on content

since they already know the guy's details they also know he received the letter. remaining silent is not wise as this may indeed lead to court proceedings but if he says he is the wrong person that is a problem , the US legal system is very expensive and they would not go to court before making sure he is the person to address

agent006140 02-21-2022 02:01 PM

go to ebay seller forum and see if it has been discussed.
i know Rolex sent out legal letters,but what happens then ?

SaiJin 02-21-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Please someone advice.

Ignore them... and account is suspended right? So you don't even need to not use it anymore.

lFalconl 01-07-2023 07:08 PM

Any update OP? Did you respond? Ignored?

Hank 01-10-2023 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lFalconl (Post 1208527)
Any update OP? Did you respond? Ignored?

They haven't posted for a year now since this thread, one would like to assume they followed the advice to ignore them, only a fool would have replied and then come back to announce it. :)

Mr UK 01-10-2023 06:42 AM

Doubt op will reply but would be interesting to hear what they did

DENDEN76 01-10-2023 07:20 AM

I ignored the a holes that "sued me" and haven't heard back since. Unfortunately accounts remain limited

rsot 01-10-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1208650)
They haven't posted for a year now since this thread, one would like to assume they followed the advice to ignore them, only a fool would have replied and then come back to announce it. :)

morning chuckles :lol:

ebayseller1528 02-02-2024 03:00 PM

Amin, I have a similar situation, any chance you can share the sideman letter with me? (you can cross out your name, and personal info). thanks!

degsey69 02-02-2024 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayseller1528 (Post 1234998)
Amin, I have a similar situation, any chance you can share the sideman letter with me? (you can cross out your name, and personal info). thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

SaiJin 02-03-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Old thread, please make a new one.

rsot 02-03-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth method :thumb: