eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Mercari verified twice? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/149438-mercari-verified-twice.html)

solefoodbk 01-07-2023 11:21 PM

Mercari verified twice?

Has anyone been verified twice by Mercari? I just tried and was successful. My account was limited a while back and just recently closed. I made a new account with a new phone number, and for the ID instead of the one I sent on my other account I used a passport. I am not holding my breathe, but seems good enough for now. The face recognition I'm sure works but what about facial hair? How good is the AI? I doubt the technology is really that far advanced but we will see.

Knowing my luck I'll wake up to a "your account is suspended" email from them since I posted here.

solefoodbk 01-12-2023 02:47 PM

Re: Mercari verified twice?

I wish we had more people discussing Mercari. I'll share my journey at least, hopeful others can chime in with experience. On my recently created account I have listed a few product, everything seemed fine except attempted to submit the W9 information and it rejected it. Automatically they removed my verification and limited me. I selected LLC and partnership. Not sure how they know I'm not because Paypal always couldn't, but regardless I think they somehow can. I'm really a "single member" so I shouldn't have selected that.

I went back in time (2019) never seen this before. Every prior time it was a temporary limitation, this time it was 100%. I quickly resubmitted my passport, and did the face scan, took a bit long but I'm back verified again. Thats twice now. I plan to hold off submitting the W9 until they demand of me.

SaiJin 01-14-2023 11:21 PM

Verified 2x ? I thought they only do it once?

I don't do much with mercari since I have my original account and only use it to sell till 500$

solefoodbk 01-15-2023 04:22 PM

Yeah it's verified twice for the profile, but I haven't been verified twice for the W9. I can send a different EIN, but my SSN will be the same. Not sure how to navigate that when it comes. I have listed daily now. I know enough with Mercari to prevent certain problems from occurring. My other account was closed down shortly after I sent them W9 information for my longest standing account. I think possibly based on why that got closed originally they might not cause me problems with this? I don't know.

I am not sure how common it is to be able to get verified twice via your ID. If anyone has I would love to hear it. I plan to always withdraw funds soon as I get them. I have always considered Mercari a back up marketplace, but if you have 2-3 backup marketplaces those add up overtime.

longr2512 01-15-2023 09:59 PM

I've seen a few sellers in my niche operate 5-10 Mercari accounts and always wondered how they did it. Mercari Stealth is a topic that basically doesn't get talked about, but I'm sure it's because people just keep it to themselves or Mercari will find out and patch it.

Not sure why they are so strict when they rely on sales commission to make money. Seems pretty dumb to me. Sure, some sellers use multiple accounts for nefarious purposes, but most are just sellers like us trying to expand reach and make more money.

vettefever17 01-16-2023 01:59 AM

I will let the cat out of the bag. I personally don't think there is a "legal" and tried way of stealthing on there. Not only is the tax verification system somewhat advanced, but you also have to find a provider of an AVS card. The AVS card has all but alluded me in all my scavenging on the interwebs.

So, what is actually happening? There is a source that can easily be found with a simple search on google, that will sell you completely ready-to-go accounts that have been verified with the card and tax information. If you take a look at the account the tax id is actually real stolen information. I would HIGHLY recommend that none of you use such accounts. Not only is someone getting your tax bill an IP will not protect you. As the IRS will find you through a linked bank account. Unfortunately, some people are oblivious to this and could get a knock on the door after they become savy to what is happening.

solefoodbk 02-02-2023 06:14 AM

I wonder if anyone has gotten their tax info accepted? I did, but like someone posted above I'm afraid to share how because it's public lol. My account is currently still going strong, fully verified by ID, and now tax info.

solefoodbk 02-15-2023 06:26 PM

Account still running strong.

rsot 02-19-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1210948)

Great to hear

guoguo914 03-09-2023 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1210948)

Hey Sir your PM inbox is full...

solefoodbk 04-13-2023 06:01 PM

Still working strong! Pretty amazed with my account. I read the limited information on here and basically everyone seemed to suggest Mercari stealth is very hard. I have my account verified, passed the tax limit, already pushed $2,000+ on my account within 3 month. That's not a lot but if its great from multiple streams of income. The little extra goes a long way.

rsot 04-14-2023 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1215049)
Still working strong! Pretty amazed with my account. I read the limited information on here and basically everyone seemed to suggest Mercari stealth is very hard. I have my account verified, passed the tax limit, already pushed $2,000+ on my account within 3 month. That's not a lot but if its great from multiple streams of income. The little extra goes a long way.

that's impressive news :thumb:

Fgrayson 04-22-2023 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1215049)

Just wondering, did you buy this account or did you create it yourself with stealth info?

SaiJin 04-24-2023 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fgrayson (Post 1215473)
Just wondering, did you buy this account or did you create it yourself with stealth info?

If I recall he made his own account

solefoodbk 05-01-2023 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fgrayson (Post 1215473)

I never buy accounts, everything was made by me.

vettefever17 05-02-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1216116)
I never buy accounts, everything was made by me.

I tried to create two last night and they immediately got flagged and they wanted it verified in the app. These were created on web.

Also, have you managed to use your id or ssn twice under the radar?

MM78 05-03-2023 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefever17 (Post 1216205)
I tried to create two last night and they immediately got flagged and they wanted it verified in the app. These were created on web.

Have you tried using an Android Emulator?

solefoodbk 05-03-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettefever17 (Post 1216205)

Yeah well I created this account with an active android work phone so the app is downloaded on it. I think this is pretty important for Mercari. I have only made this one other account for Mercari. There was about one year time difference from the account getting suspended. Maybe I am just lucky, I don't know but I am treating it like strong account now. I have already opened cases with Mercari support and so they are reviewing my accounts in a sense, and still no issues. I have 5/5 feedback, and customer support side of things is good, same as my account that got suspended.

My original reason for suspension was BS. It obviously depends why you get suspended with these things. I actively withdraw funds quickly but for example I have around $700 pending right now. This is using my real ID, real SSN, real tax information etc (albeit under a different business, different addresses, different phone number).

I really try to wait a long time in between suspensions because I know if you try to make a new account shortly after your account is suspended, applicable to all marketplaces you increase the chances of flagging the system and then really screwing yourself long term.

Jmata9631 05-04-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 1216272)
Have you tried using an Android Emulator?

Hello, i cant send pm on new account. Can you please explain the easiest way and best way to open a mercari stealth account. I see you have a ton of knowledge about it. I would highly appreciate it.

rsot 05-06-2023 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmata9631 (Post 1216391)
Hello, i cant send pm on new account. Can you please explain the easiest way and best way to open a mercari stealth account. I see you have a ton of knowledge about it. I would highly appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb: