FB marketplace UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-03-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default FB marketplace UK

So recently I’ve tried to expand my items into the FB marketplace with no success really and a whole load of scammers and time wasters .
Has anyone else here successfully sold on FB marketplace UK?
I try to offer delivery only as I really don’t have time to do collections but people don’t even think about delivery it seems .
Then you have people thinking you are a scammer and so on .
It seems also that in the UK people don’t even know about FB pay or maybe we can’t use it ?

Anyone have experience on this that they can share with me , much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2023

Longevity: 6%
Default Re: FB marketplace UK

Try to find and contact UK Citizens. That is a good way to get trusted persons. Avoid other countries.
Old 02-06-2023

Longevity: 8%

I got zero rezults on it in total. If to list only in marketplace - getting zero clicks. Some rezults if to list in specified groups directly, but in total - all that FB marketplace is just a time waist. Tried to look for personal things around - only bunch of scams (i suspect) because people in same town does not agree to meet and to accept cash which is huge red flag. Walked away from it long time ago and never even looked back. Also first time hear something mentioning facebook pay?? they have integrated payment system now?? Thats new..
Old 02-06-2023
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
I got zero rezults on it in total. If to list only in marketplace - getting zero clicks. Some rezults if to list in specified groups directly, but in total - all that FB marketplace is just a time waist. Tried to look for personal things around - only bunch of scams (i suspect) because people in same town does not agree to meet and to accept cash which is huge red flag. Walked away from it long time ago and never even looked back. Also first time hear something mentioning facebook pay?? they have integrated payment system now?? Thats new..

Yeah I agree it’s a waste of time unless you have phones and want cash in hand . I’ve tried but buyers don’t trust at all . Fb pay I’m not sure about it , maybe it only works in USA but for me all in all fb marketplace seems like a waste of time unless you are selling iPhones or something of that sort .
Old 02-06-2023

Longevity: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosaa247 View Post
Yeah I agree it’s a waste of time unless you have phones and want cash in hand . I’ve tried but buyers don’t trust at all . Fb pay I’m not sure about it , maybe it only works in USA but for me all in all fb marketplace seems like a waste of time unless you are selling iPhones or something of that sort .
All my "buyers" somehow was from mexico, offering paypal and if i say ok they start a tale how they need a day or two to collect money or they can not access they account, or lost password of it and various other stories, and i can not understand what is the point of that and if that is some kind scam so how it suppose to work??? because something is clearly not working out for them.. Are they expecting to hijack someones account and pay then with it or something - i dont know..