eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Anything Google (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/206-anything-google.html)

aspkin 04-09-2007 01:59 AM

Anything Google

New thread for a new forum. Anything Google related goes! Lets talk about Google!

aspkin 04-10-2007 11:11 AM

Hahah, yeah it can get expensive but it's worth it depending on your profit and demand on target audience.

aspkin 04-10-2007 05:44 PM

That's pretty good Modee, if these sites are fairly new. It usually takes 3-6 months so see organic traffic convert. Do you have a mailing list and send emails often? I've found this to be my secrect weapon! And autoresponders! Man or man, those things are great!

CPUGEEK 04-11-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 1657)
Well right now my personal websites are somewhat small, but with a combined Google/YHOO pay per click budget of a couple hundred a month, I am netting about $4K per month. That is a ratio of about 30X (based on the gross) which is huge for advertising. But I don't have a lot of competition in my niches either.

To compare I created another mirror website for one of my sites, that is in all the internet search engines but not pay per click driven. On that site the sales are rather meager, only a couple hundred per month if that.

can the both of you teach me how do make that much money a month? What kind of websites are you using?

aspkin 04-11-2007 11:39 PM

Haha CPUGEEK, the first step is buying a domain. This is probably the most important step as well. Your domain name should be your brand name, short as possible, simple and easy to remember. Try to have less then 6 letters in the name, use only .com domains and no hyphens. I learned this the hard way!

Modee, auto responders can be setup to capture and send emails as often as your want. For instance I setup up an weekly guide give away that sends a new guide each week to anyone who signs up. It sends a new guide each week for about 14 weeks. With each guide I have them going to my sales website to maybe buy an item. It took me about a day to setup, but I have about 30 new sign ups a day on one of my websites. Wowgold-wowgold.com; if you click on any article, the next page towards the top will show a simple "Subscribe to our weekly WoW Guides!" form. I get around 2000 unique visitors per day on that site. You can also broadcast to your list with special offers and what not to increase sales on demand.

I use GetResponse.com services to do this. They're cheap and effective.

Another option is to simply use the emails you currently have, add them to a mass email sender like constantcontact.com or jangomail.com, which are pricey but offer high delivery rates which equals sales. I just finished creating an email for my list, just giving some updates of products and what not, and I'm currently setting it up to be sent out in the morning. I try to send one email per week to be most effective.

If you're new to the personal website and have a small list, I would choose getresponse.com, they're very affordable at around $20 per month and easy to use.

I have a dilemma my self, I'm not sure if I'm going to use constant contact or GetResponse for signups on the new sites I created. I need to capture those visitors that didn't visit my selling website and pound them with weekly emails. Oh I love the Internet!

The power is in the list! With a list you can make tons of money. The bigger your list the more results you see obviously, and the more money you'll make. Start your list early guys! Give me a % when you're rich! :)

aspkin 04-12-2007 01:56 AM

Well, if you start to have huge list of 10k or more, using a system like constant contact to send bulk emails is good. If you have only two to three hundred emails then bcc them is one way. But what I use my list for at the moment, since with my product I get a lot of repeat business, I just remind past customers to shop some more, like you were saying. You can also let them know if you have discounts, special offers or some affiliate products you want to push. A lot of people send emails promoting affiliate products because of the lack of overhead. This is huge with Internet Marketers. You could recommend things and add your affiliate id, just like with member's forum signatures. The possibilities are endless. A huge email list is gold if you know how to utilize it properly. Some people use only email list to drive sales. Using an autoresponders together with weekly broadcast can drive a never ending low maintenance supply of sales. This is one very important leg of your table of internet marketing.

CPUGEEK 04-12-2007 12:11 PM

what kind of product or brand should I offer.? Do you mean like an ebook or a product?

aspkin 04-12-2007 07:19 PM

It depends. If you used a piece of software before that cost money and you like it, and you feel your target audience will appreciate it, why not recommend that? I've bought countless pieces of software I use to help me run my websites, I plan to soon start promoting them with my affiliate ids in my blog post and maybe an autoresponder if I have enough free time. 

It can be anything really. I would first focus on your product and then move on to affiliates.

aspkin 04-12-2007 07:20 PM

If you mean to get people to sign up, like a giveaway to entice people to signup, I've used free guides and whatnot and it seems to work. I'm soon going to switch things over to market details, special offers, and news. A weekly email.

CPUGEEK 04-12-2007 11:19 PM

huumm, I 'm already in to affiliates like click ban and I have my own clinkbak portral..CbGlobe.com - The FREE Clickbank Portal!..

I'm ready to move from ebay and start making money with affiliate programs.

I would apprieciate all the help that I can get from you guys.. tahnks

aspkin 04-15-2007 03:33 AM

It's a slow move depending how you do it. If you have websites setup already and a steady flow of traffic it may be easier. If you have the time, I would do it. I've seen some software that rotates your clickbank ads and automatically adds your id to them kind of like Google ads. I forget where I saw it but if you try something like this, and promote it, it could work.

CPUGEEK 04-19-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 1749)
Haha CPUGEEK, the first step is buying a domain. This is probably the most important step as well. Your domain name should be your brand name, short as possible, simple and easy to remember. Try to have less then 6 letters in the name, use only .com domains and no hyphens. I learned this the hard way!

Modee, auto responders can be setup to capture and send emails as often as your want. For instance I setup up an weekly guide give away that sends a new guide each week to anyone who signs up. It sends a new guide each week for about 14 weeks. With each guide I have them going to my sales website to maybe buy an item. It took me about a day to setup, but I have about 30 new sign ups a day on one of my websites. Wowgold-wowgold.com; if you click on any article, the next page towards the top will show a simple "Subscribe to our weekly WoW Guides!" form. I get around 2000 unique visitors per day on that site. You can also broadcast to your list with special offers and what not to increase sales on demand.

I use GetResponse.com services to do this. They're cheap and effective.

Another option is to simply use the emails you currently have, add them to a mass email sender like constantcontact.com or jangomail.com, which are pricey but offer high delivery rates which equals sales. I just finished creating an email for my list, just giving some updates of products and what not, and I'm currently setting it up to be sent out in the morning. I try to send one email per week to be most effective.

If you're new to the personal website and have a small list, I would choose getresponse.com, they're very affordable at around $20 per month and easy to use.

I have a dilemma my self, I'm not sure if I'm going to use constant contact or GetResponse for signups on the new sites I created. I need to capture those visitors that didn't visit my selling website and pound them with weekly emails. Oh I love the Internet!

The power is in the list! With a list you can make tons of money. The bigger your list the more results you see obviously, and the more money you'll make. Start your list early guys! Give me a % when you're rich! :)

How about this aspkin.. Can I get a copy of your list...haha and I'll give you % of sales..?

aspkin 04-19-2007 11:25 AM

Lol CPUGEEK, I don't think so. :cool: