eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Some Sellers really suck too.... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/22007-some-sellers-really-suck-too.html)

jeffweico 08-25-2010 08:43 PM

Some Sellers really suck too....

My Aunt is a wonderful lady. She is 72 years old and does not use the internet, or even a computer. She always has a funny story to tell, and was always very nice to me and the other kids when I was growing up. Whenever guests showed up, she always brought out a little silver tray with cake or cookies, or whatever and coffee. Milk or pop for the kids.

When I was 12 years old, my dog passed away. My Dad was unemployed at the time, so there really was no extra money available. An average funeral for a pet was about $600 at the time. I think my Dad was going to take the body to the woods or something. But my Aunt wouldn't hear of it and paid for a very nice funeral. She insisted on a nice casket made from real wood. Expensive wood. I don't know how much the bill was, but it must have been over $1,000.

She stopped driving about 2 years ago. She was worried that she might get into an accident and hurt someone. I know it was a hrd decision for her. Every weekend, I take her to the store and out to eat.

Last weekend she asked if we could stop at a book store. So, of course we did. I was looking around, so I wasn't sure what she was looking for. Later, I noticed that a picture book of fine art she always kept on her coffee table was missing. She was trying to find a replacement, but the book store didn't have one. She said she took comfort in the pictures, that a world that created fine minds who could create things like "Starry Night" couldn't be all bad.

So, I went to Half.com. I found it - there were only a few available and it sold for about $50 - slightly over the retail price. No problem. I really didn't care what it cost. I picked one in "like new" condition from a seller with low, but positive, feedback. There were no new ones, and there were two cheaper ones, but the sellers both had negative feedbacks that they over-stated the condition of their items. I wanted a nice one.

Today, I asked for a tracking number. The seller replied that Half.com only pays out on the 1st and the 15th, and she does not ship anything until the money is in her bank account. That would mean waiting until about September 7th for the book to be shipped. Had I known this, I would have tried Amazon.

I didn't report her or anything, but what a *****!

OK, so it does not mean she is a con-artist. Maybe I'm making too much of this. It just really upset me. I guess I just had to vent...

pod 08-25-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 161723)
she does not ship anything until the money is in her bank account..

I used to see people do this. There is just no way they will last. I seen it tons when PayPal started the 21 days. The holds are not the buyers problem. If you cant ship, dont sell. Its really bad business. Period.

I would get it off another seller and cancel. Just because you are a seller does not mean you have to be unreasonably nice to sellers. She is a crappy seller.

boxcutters 08-25-2010 11:15 PM

I agree! dont wait! your aunt will be so happy when you surprise her with that book!

digitalslave 08-26-2010 01:56 AM

I also agree, bad way of doing business.
As for the 21 day holds, I toyed with the idea of making people wait, but the potential onslaught of negative FB made me think again..

GreenBean 08-26-2010 01:57 AM

Mind, there's some like that around here that avow they will never ship until they get the money. Next breath is the moaning about the buyer being unhappy :rolleyes:

Never understand how they 'do business' but dont have the funds to do business.

Should I go make a fresh pot of coffee now? ;)

GreenBean 08-26-2010 02:00 AM

Since this is a moan ( and very catharic ). How about the Amazon BOOK sellers who have a photo of a book purporting to be one edition when in fact it is not but will not 'fess up.
Had a problem like that with Albris. Deffo item not as described. Full refund, kept the book and did not need to deal with the seller :boink:

xl_The_Jackal_lx 08-27-2010 03:52 PM

Waiting 2 days for the money to hit the bank is one thing, but waiting weeks before shipping? That's dumb as hell.

pod 08-27-2010 03:58 PM

2 day delay can be trouble too with some buyers. They want to see it shipped same day or next. I've had nasty emails because they took note of date on post mark and it was 2 days later. I mean, c'mon.... Like I said, when PayPal 1st started the 21 day holds I seen TONS of sellers putting notes in the description they wont ship until funds clear. I cant imagine that went too well.

elscapo 10-06-2010 03:14 PM

It really pisses me off to see sellers like that are still standing, when I have been suspended by ebay and I send out every customers order within 24 hours and it arrives in 1-2 days. Life is not fair :(

holymoly 10-24-2010 02:46 AM

that sucks...