eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Gumtree (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/26788-gumtree.html)

sax4 01-07-2011 02:30 PM

Gumtree

I never knew Gumtree was owned by Ebay!!

Next time I list something Instead of a buyer coming to my door it might be a debt collector with a huge bill!

Stigger 01-11-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasasasa (Post 195403)
I never knew Gumtree was owned by Ebay!!

Next time I list something Instead of a buyer coming to my door it might be a debt collector with a huge bill!

yes i have known for quite a while, you have to careful if listing there and eby

Hieroglyph 02-11-2011 06:02 AM

Worringly - I have found that if I try to post my Ads on Gumtree using the name/email of my suspended/banned ebay account - it won't accept them!!

I use another account/email and they are accepted without problem....

That said, is a useless outlet on the whole...

From UK

meVebay 02-12-2011 11:14 AM

@Hieroglyph

I posted something the other day on Gumtree, I used my mail email that was used on my very first (now suspended) eBay account.

The add was Pending for 36 hours, then was deleted. Now I know why!

barton_67 03-08-2011 06:57 AM

does anyone know a way to place ads on other citys as well as your own i think they have banned my ip for this and changingbmy mac address only changes last two numbers

thanks stephen

biggesmalls 09-07-2011 05:27 PM

@ barton 67 i used a free trail of a hide my ip download off download.net to list in different citys on gumtree ,just set up several accounts and change the ip each time to one in the area u want to list ,worked fine for me ,even when the trail runs out and your ip goes back to normal all the accounts still work,gumtrees good but its full off nigeran scammers but u can tell straight away by the text they use and the emails will mostly say read from you soon at the end.

Hieroglyph 09-08-2011 07:55 AM

Will this work for Kijiji??

I tried to post an Ad but doesn't get acceped - I then see ebay own this too...!

imjustme 09-08-2011 04:38 PM

I think Kijiji is owned by eBay too.

biggesmalls 09-09-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hieroglyph (Post 266909)
Will this work for Kijiji??

I tried to post an Ad but doesn't get acceped - I then see ebay own this too...!

not sure what kijiji is it should do,i used the same email address and ip i got banned from ebay and paypal with on gumtree never had a problem so should be the same on there.

Stigger 09-11-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barton_67 (Post 209925)
does anyone know a way to place ads on other citys as well as your own i think they have banned my ip for this and changingbmy mac address only changes last two numbers

thanks stephen

Sorry for the late reply, you probally know who to do it now.

Different accounts
i use to have to find a local street and post code and use different email to list in other towns, used to use the same i.p address though.

westcoast_d 08-05-2012 06:37 PM

If Gumtree acc got suspended. Will it affect the eBay acc under tr same email?

luverlyjuberly 01-09-2016 12:25 PM

Re: Gumtree

Yes yes I know i am digging up an old thread...
Anyway I did not know Gumtree was owned by ebay and listed a few items on it for sale.
Is there any evidence of linking between ebay and Gumtree. IP address or using same Window User acount in particular?

JamesNorth101 01-09-2016 12:58 PM

Its possible that it can get you linked.

I would treat it as stealth to be safe

luverlyjuberly 01-09-2016 01:15 PM

Blast! Hopefully i'm not linked.

pegasus 01-09-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hieroglyph (Post 204234)
Worringly - I have found that if I try to post my Ads on Gumtree using the name/email of my suspended/banned ebay account - it won't accept them!!

I use another account/email and they are accepted without problem....

That said, is a useless outlet on the whole...

From UK

Dammmmm! Good to know now, I was thinking about selling all of my old inventory on there for cheap lol. Now I need to get a new email address.

Do you rate gumtree as a selling platform?

luverlyjuberly 01-09-2016 06:29 PM

However i use the name and the email of my suspended/banned ebay account and it DOES accept them!

I'll agree with the Gumtree opinion - I've listed a few items and sold bugger all.
Apparently Gumtree are having a big advertisement campaign this year so maybe sales will increase.

Hieroglyph 01-10-2016 07:49 AM

Haha - A few years on (!) and situation is still the same - Gumtree WILL NOT accept the emails of any of my suspended accounts!

I have given up posting on Gumtree now they have made it impossible to part-auto your resale items and often the Free listed items do not stay up for the 28 days - are expired early!

The other outlets I use are eBid (maybe 1 sale a year for items I would sell 2 a week on ebay) Friday Ad - maybe sold 2 items in 6 years and now also made reposting a massive chore as in now monteized, FreeAds - again sold maybe 1 item in 8 years. Nearly all my items are Musician Support related so I use some specific music sitse and of course have created m own website for EACH item/genre and supported that with a Youtube vid to that site. This is cos now Google own YTube you get right up on the listings!

Below is one site I have created - google the item BOSS ME-5 and view for effectiveness...

BOSS PEDALS & FX Upgrades - BOSS PEDALS FX UPGRADES

Good luck all

luverlyjuberly 01-10-2016 01:24 PM

I've found - for me - the classified section in newspapers are still the best for selling locally. people tend to read it even if they are not looking for anything. In my area anything under £100 is free.

realdeals 01-10-2016 03:12 PM

I like gumtree. For certain types of items, like those where postage on ebay may be prohibitive or for furniture and white or brown goods, it can be a fantastic platform to sell on. It really is a horses for courses thing. Friday Ad and alike are also good as can be more local classifieds.

A degree in *Polish/Lithuanian/Romanian also helps with sales.

(* Delete as appropriate).