eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   My first attempt on BigCommerce.com (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/27060-my-first-attempt-bigcommerce-com.html)

dindio31 01-16-2011 12:46 AM

My first attempt on BigCommerce.com

Greetings
I just launched my bigcommerce store named
Computer Accesories
I'm selling Kingston Data Traveler usb flash drives 2GB and 4GB
for the moment i'm accepting payments by amazon payments

I hope you enjoy it

Skys The Limit 01-16-2011 07:10 PM

Tell us how thats been working out for you

dindio31 01-17-2011 09:45 AM

I'm using the trial version for 15 days, if i'm success i will open a regular account
You can check the offers on Ecommerce Software & Shopping Cart Software Solutions by BigCommerce

rsot 01-17-2011 03:36 PM

And your source of the drives? I hope it's not where I think they're from...

hotsassylips 02-11-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 197680)
And your source of the drives? I hope it's not where I think they're from...

I guess it is sense we don't have any other updates :suspicious:

Red X 02-11-2011 07:36 PM

If you don't advertise your site somehow then no one will know about it, which will turn the 15 days into a waste, so judging by if you will receive customers within 15 days will honestly be a waste of time, and if you're determined you should keep the site, and submit it to search engines,etc if you haven't already, and see how that goes for at least a month or 2.

Redeye 02-17-2011 11:07 PM

Too funny... almost bought those drives from where you were thinking until I realized it was 4G not 64G. Had 'em paid for and everything... thankfully they shut down for Chinese New Year and I had a chance to cancel the transaction and find this forum. Finally got the word on all the "stuff" that I had been looking at on that "wholesale" website. Woooooshhhhh, glad I found this forum, man, was I naive! Yup, just a noobie!!

treatedlikeacriminal 02-21-2011 06:22 AM

thats the way to go to be honest
what is the point of trying extremely hard selling to ebay with problem after problem when the fact is its not the buyers that dictate where something is bought and sold
its the sellers choice to move and take the buyers with him
and thats what we all should start doing to be honest move where the market is just like the real world put the products in the new locations and give the customers a reason to buy there instead of ebay
discount the prices to a super modest price
word of mouth gets them in.. once a customer gets a bargain he isnt likely to hide it
people talk people say ya know what? i got this from bla bla site
its up to us the seller to move the stock to the alternative sites and maybe even agree to work together to fill these alternative sites with products to get the customers excited about switching to the alternative
as this headache isnt worth it sticking to a website that dictates how its sold how the money is handled and control what happens if 1 customer complains... you know what im talking about? the corruption of every sale when the **** hits the fan with that one unsatisfied customer out of 100 which happens in the real world too but in ebays world ... ebay take the liberty on informing every one of your customers which doesnt happen in the real world,,
in the real world shop owners work it out between the customer and it doesnt go further than that as most people are rather irritated by the trouble makers of the real world
it is now time that we all pull together and sell to the alternative sites and bring the customers to new websites leaving ebay with less
if we dont sell on ebay and ebay is left with the ones who dont stealth
ebay is left with not alot of to choose from the buyers perspective how do i know?
i think we all know the answer to that one... the biggest selling items on that website are sold by us
not tony the pictureframer or rob the seller of home made dried fruit or melanie the seller of dog shampoo
its the ones who sell the mainstream items that stealth
so its time to change we all need to work together slowly putting items on alternative sites to slowly steer customers away from ebay
should we start a group of us who start by listing 1 or 2 new items on the next biggest websites
in australia it is quicksales - Online auction & shopping site. Buy & sell clothing, jewellery, computers, crafts, DVDs and more at low prices.
in america im guessing its bigcommerce.com
we all should work together and steer customers away from ebay i think this is the ultimate answer to all of our problems
ebay is no way for any retailer or anyone serious about a long term business
this game is not professional all the good alternative sites leave it up to the seller to do the right thing and not play police man on everyone that is within there site
and let the feedback tell the story just like the real world business having a good or bad reputation leave it up to the feedback to tell the story
this is the way we have to change the rules and stop letting ebay control the rules
ebay cant control the rules when we leave there site for good and never come back
and let the new breed of ecommerce thrive but it starts by putting some trust in this and fertilizing the new foundations with the fertilizer of the products the same ones you sell on ebay
make the new foundations just as bountiful as ebay is and a good reason to buy from XXXX.com rather than ebay
things start by taking to risk to try a new alternative
this is where we must have some faith in our game and try this out and be the guys who changed the game not the guys who stuck to the rules
please think about it and please start listing on the alternatives
if you are australian theres a really big reason to move... Quicksales.com.au dont charge for placing an advert for the first 60 days and after that it is just 6 cents per 60 days per advert which isnt a risk at all!!!! its a cheap gamble!!
and the commision is around about half of ebays fees
and as quicksales leave it up to you to be a good business man or woman
its totally up to you to be a business man or woman ,working only on being a business person nothing else
im sure most the alternative sites are similar in this and i am just trying to give you all ideas about the possibility of moving your goods elsewhere slowly and changing the game! and even if only a very small percentage of us did this
it would be enough to start turning the tables on the ugly giant to a leaning tower of piza
ebay may be big but it takes us to make the choise
and if everyone in this forum did just that... i am pretty sure the giant wouldnt survive it
as its the suppliers of the products that make ebay work and ebay dont supply a thing
its YOU that makes this choice! and me i have converted to quicksales ok the profits are not the same but i am starting and i notice a few buyers signed up the same day they purchased from me,,, which means people google it more than you would automatically think and people still do shop around not only within ebay
so please trust me give it a go! just go for the next biggest one that has the best deal on advert costs google coverage and as much of a professional attitude which mean its completely up to you and the buyer to work out the deal
thats my 2 cents on this subject
Its us the suppliers that dictates whos website we sell on not ebay
for instance i posted product on quicksales my advert is number 4 in the google search engine list maybe the reason ive been getting new customers
please try it

treatedlikeacriminal 02-21-2011 06:36 AM

ive only been on quicksales for 1 week all up but seriously its not doom and gloom
i would suggest to sell items as Buy it Nows only at a discount that gives you a reasonable profit but the goal is long term
the long term goal is to pursuade customers to leave ebay and buy from the site that supplys a better deal
and our business ideas are for the long term also
we just have to make the choice to move
what speaks the most is that some customers signed up just to buy from me that is the Proof!
when a customer signs up a new account to buy goods from you!
this is the game and how it has to be attacked we are warriors! and our war is to change the game!

treatedlikeacriminal 02-21-2011 06:56 AM

the way to tackle is to be responsible as a seller for creating the web traffic by advertising on alternative websites
webtraffic only happens if you start it the more traffic the higher the page rank
we have to put an advert in a different site if we all start doing this
the traffic starts to change and your adverts go higher and higher in the search engines ranks
i notice ebay is not the most obvious place on google lately
the alternatives are slowly creeping up so please have some faith and try it
its google and altavista that are the main truth tellers of traffic and not ebay
ultimately it is the people that cause the traffic and the people are just like you and me
we searchalot
we are the creators of opportunity! WE ARE everyone of us! create our opportunitys in life! go fourth create! market ! explore new opportunity! and do it cause you are a player ! not a sucker !
treat everyone in this line of thaught as your friends as we are the ones responsible to create these new opportunitys! we are the ones who have the power to change this game and together we have more power! i hope i have made myself clear about this
the long term goal is to do it our way! the right way

sax4 02-27-2011 09:55 AM

Wow TLAC you really know how to kill a thread with your lack of paragraphing!