eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   If I refund her, will it go into my Order Defect Rate? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/29840-if-i-refund-her-will-go-into-my-order-defect-rate.html)

Melissa1971 04-03-2011 10:47 PM

If I refund her, will it go into my Order Defect Rate?

Just curious but a lady wrote a comment in feedback so I sent her a note offering to refund her.

Does anyone know if it will change my customer defect rate? I figure probably. Don't want to go over the target rate but not sure I can trust her to mail it either, she may say she didn't get it.

Melissa1971 04-03-2011 11:37 PM

Nevermind, found the answer.

LadyLover 04-04-2011 12:55 AM

Well big sis what's the answer?

Melissa1971 04-04-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyLover (Post 216231)
Well big sis what's the answer?

Refunds don't hurt the customer metrics, well that is what a website read. Except I don't know how old the site is...

kudo623 05-19-2011 12:17 PM

DSR's still count against the buyers performance record, even if a full refund is awarded. Unfortunately ebay never put this line of code into their algorithm to automatically reconcile this to protect sellers from null and void transactions.
The Seller needs to initiate the process to remove these DSR's:
You need to be proactive here and make sure you contact ebay about a week before every review of your account (which happens at the beginning of every month).
It takes 3-5 business days to purge the DSR's made void by all refunds to buyers prior to your call.
Live chat is the easiest way to do this.
Note you will need to do this on an ongoing basis to protect your account.

Melissa1971 05-19-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kudo623 (Post 230404)
DSR's still count against the buyers performance record, even if a full refund is awarded. Unfortunately ebay never put this line of code into their algorithm to automatically reconcile this to protect sellers from null and void transactions.
The Seller needs to initiate the process to remove these DSR's:
You need to be proactive here and make sure you contact ebay about a week before every review of your account (which happens at the beginning of every month).
It takes 3-5 business days to purge the DSR's made void by all refunds to buyers prior to your call.
Live chat is the easiest way to do this.
Note you will need to do this on an ongoing basis to protect your account.

Thank you :bump:

Road-Kill 05-19-2011 01:37 PM

The OP is asking about Amazon metrics and this is the other auction site board. I think some poster just saw FB and thought it was E-Bay.

Amazon doesn't have DSR's.

Most of the refunds I ever issued did count against the metrics. Some categories are exempt, but mine never were.

The way it works is if a buyer buys a item and changes their mind. You have to refund them or they leave NFB. Amazon counts buyer requested refunds against you the same as if you never had the item in stock or oversold.

So when a buyer wants to cancel their order, you have to decide if you want to damage your account with NFB or bad refund metrics. I think Amazon just prefers sellers to ship the items for free to keep your account in good standing.

The rules might have changed, but that's the way it was last time I checked.

HairyOldEbayer 05-20-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road-Kill (Post 230432)
I think Amazon just prefers sellers to ship the items for free to keep your account in good standing.

That was good for a chuckle, so true.

Had an account a few months back that had 10 sales or so, no FB yet. Some brain dead idiot ordered, I shipped in hours, then she sent an email 5 hours after her order saying "sorry, my purchase was an accident". Refunded her when it was returned, within hours the account was closed to poor seller performance. It dropped the ODR way below 98%, something like 90% or so.

The account was going to blow up pretty soon anyway so the refund was done via amazon, otherwise all refunds are done via a MO mailed to their address. Yea, I know you risk the double dipping scammers that way, but for my really good strong, long lasting accounts it keeps my ODR at 100% and food on the table.