sold domain through Sedo - didn't get paid - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 10-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default sold domain through Sedo - didn't get paid

Just a heads up to anyone who sells domains. I had never used Sedo before but heard good things, I recently sold a domain on their site (first time using their site), basically the buyer got their domain, sedo got their commission and I never got paid.

I chose to be paid via bank wire, put my bank accnt details in and I checked it FIVE TIMES so I know it put the details in correctly. so I wait and wait to be paid... and I never get paid. I contact them and say it's been XXX working days, they argue they are in Germany so it's been five less working days there???? how that works I don't know but it was such a stupid point I wasn't going to argue with them they couldn't count lol

Then I asked for a copy of the payment details and on the details my accnt number was missing a number. I KNOW it was not from my side the accnt details were incorrect. However I'm being told wire's can't be reversed so basically I'm not getting paid. I am definately filing for domain reversal. Since then I have googled sedo and not getting paid and it seems this happens to every second customer, the exact same reason accnt numbers changed, I don't think I'll use sedo again!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

They are incorrect partially to tell you wires cannot be reversed - a bank can request to recall the wire - however the client receiving the wire must also agree.

With the wrong account number - this is the process;

The account number and name must match exact, if it does not, the receiving bank will return the wire after five days if they cannot complete on the other side.

The receiving bank must follow this protocol.

The money does not disappear. The sending bank will receive back shown as a returned wire.

I would consider informing them of the correct details - in writing with a copy to your email -and let them know that you will contact the new owner and proceed to retrieve your domain for non payment.