Problem with half.com - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 10-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Problem with half.com

Any one having a problem with half.com lately. I just started trying to sell on it 2 times listed 8 items sold 1 next day suspended. tried again a couple of days later. and suspended again sold 1 item again (different item) code h12558. new bank account cc new address different ip everything fresh does not make sense to me. any one have a clue. Used to sell years ago and never had a problem.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

For years, it was easier to sell on Half than on eBay. But they are cracking down, especially on newer accounts listing the more popular (newer and/or Disney) DVD's, and box sets of DVD's. I know they also have a problem with certain video games, but I don't know which ones.

They are like Amazon in the sense that they will only hold your money for 90 days if you get suspended, rather than the 180 days that PayPal imposes.

Older accounts tend to work better, but if you get complaints you can lose your account much easier now.

Even with books, they are cracking down on sellers mis-describing the condition of their books. For example, a book listed in Like New condition may not have any writing or defects. But some sellers state something like "minor shelf wear" and end up suspened for 7-30 days over it.

You might try listing a mix of items, if that is practical. List 10 books and 4 DVD's or something. But I am not 100% sure if that will help.

Lastly, Half is a dying venue. Every month, business seems to decline just a little bit. And it is not from lack of trying. I like Half better than Amazon or eBay, but I cannot generate the sales I need to make a living on Half. For me, it is a just a little extra money each month, added to my main income from Amazon and eBay.
Old 02-09-2012

Longevity: 71%

does half.com remove negtaive feedback from a buyer who left it by mistake?They said they will contact them about it but I have no faith in that.
Old 03-05-2012

I had one account taken down. Very funny a buyer purchased an item 6 days later leaves negative feedback. saying "I Did Not respond too emails and the item never showed so I had to file a claim with half.com".
This lowlife never emailed me and the item was in transit at the time. Then the account gets taken down for no reason.
Today I received the item back 20 days later return to sender refused. I checked the tracking and the lowlife received it on the 8th business day.

This Pr!ck held on to this package and is only buying to give negative feedback.
Old 03-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippedoffagain View Post
I had one account taken down. Very funny a buyer purchased an item 6 days later leaves negative feedback. saying "I Did Not respond too emails and the item never showed so I had to file a claim with half.com".
This lowlife never emailed me and the item was in transit at the time. Then the account gets taken down for no reason.
Today I received the item back 20 days later return to sender refused. I checked the tracking and the lowlife received it on the 8th business day.

This Pr!ck held on to this package and is only buying to give negative feedback.
I doubt that Half canceled your account because your item did not arrive 6 days after the sale. They are not unreasonable like that. If anything, the buyer complaint led someone to take a good look at your account and they found something they didn't like.

Did they ask for any information? Usually, they give you an idea of WHY the account was suspended and explain what you can do (if anything) to get it back. You may have to provide ID, etc.
Old 03-06-2012

It seems half does not like anything that any small seller sells.They find any excuse to suspend. They think only large sellers can get merchandise. I can get anything a larger seller can get their hands on. The problem with all these sites now is they won't let you generate any cash flow. As soon as you start doing good. Some a$$hole in their office has a bug up their A$$ and screws the accounts.
Old 03-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

The only thing I can recommend is that you set up an account, list a few used items that are NOT considered "high risk" and let the accounts age for awhile. New accounts ALWAYS get more scrutiny than older accounts.