Sites that will give you free good links (dofollow) - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

Gremlin, thanks for that post. Directory submission is the cornerstone of link building. Your list is a good resource. Thanks, Cheers!

On the .edu link injection. I'm no expert but there are 3 ways they getting them.

1.) The first is the easiest, they just register as a poster on a .edu board and put you link in the signature area, like this guy.

The Carroll Boards - View Profile: Vikard

2.) The second way is a site search injection using a hex or unicode translation.

-you find those by this in the url "/?result=xxxxxx"

What you is write out the html for what you want the page to say,
-- simple example,

<a href="http://www.mysite.com>check out my site</a>

then go here to translate it

| mikezilla | ASCII to HEX to Unicode Converter | by Mike Golding

translation = unicode

--<a href="http://www.mysite.com>check out my site</a>--
note, the unicode autmatically converts on this board,

hex
%3C%61%20%68%72%65%66%3D%22%68%74%74%70%3A%2F%2F%7 7%77%77%2E%6D%79%73%69%74%65%2E%63%6F%6D%3E%63%68% 65%63%6B%20%6F%75%74%20%6D%79%20%73%69%74%65%3C%2F %61%3E

then find a high PR site with a search function and just put your translation in the search box, Some of the search results page will come back with a valid do follow link. Then just bookmark the url of the search page and throw some links at it. Bingo, you now have page that will rank for your term.

3.) The 3rd way is through database hacks that are beyond me.

Last edited by The_Cynic; 02-12-2009 at 11:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2009

Longevity: 89%

No problem, am glad that its a good list

I was reading an article the other day about how google rank your page and how certain things give them an indication of potential spamming. One of the points that was noted was the amount of back links being added during a period of time. So a significant amount of back linking in a short period of time may not go in your favour, so i would recommend adding back links on a regular and steady pace.

I use a free service for exchanging back links. its called Link Market - Free Link Exchange, Link Swap and Link Trade Directory. check it out its a good source and they allow you to have 5 link requests every 24hrs. Have had some good relevant ones from there.

Another good way to get back links is by writing articles on sites which allocate the author of the article a section to write about themselves and provide a link to their URL. At the moment I'm only using ezine. but i know that there are some other great ones out there as well. I'm also presuming, but don't know, that the articles would benefit you more if you write an article which relates to your website so the same contents theme will carry over and will therefore get picked up by the robot.

There are great sites out there that help beginners in diy seo like myself and have stumbled across a few sites that i use frequently. I was wondering if some of you guys would mind sharing a few seo must have websites or webmaster websites which will be of benefit to us. For example for my meta tags and description i use a web-page analyzer which tells you if the contents of your page and title match your meta tags and what sort of relevancy they have. I find them to be very useful but don't know if its necessary.

One article i read advised not to bother with the meta tag keywords and only concentrate on the description as search engines no longer consider keywords due to them being used for spam purposes in the past.Then i read another article which advised to fill them in as they are required by some search engines. As your fully aware the web is a sea of information but then to sort out the good info from the bad or not needed info it can get difficult.So if you know of any sites that you refer back to frequently for seo or webmaster tools then i'm sure your list will help a lot of us here.

What i have noticed on many websites is that different pages within the site have different page ranks. Is this because the site has been concentrating on back links for certain pages and not for others? Ive also come ac cross sites which have more or less the same rank all the way through,well i think i came across one which i particularly paid attention to. What would he have done to his site to get that steady flow of page rank on each page.

There was an offer that i came across promising first page position for a certain keyword in search engines. The offer was a free trial for the 1st 100 customers so i gave them a call and they told me to email a little description about the website with the kinds of keywords that related to my site. They then told me that they would contact me when the site reached the desired location. I still haven't heard from them its been about 4 months now. However what i have noticed is that i have many back links to my home page from forums, blogs and directories which i didn't create myself. I also have google alerts set up for my URL which sends me alerts so i follow them and find a random post with a description about my services and a link back to my site.

I'm just not sure if this is helping my site though.If they are using URL submit tools that injects the URL to a 1000 or so places some being of no relevance to your site then this could be considered spamming.

Ive only just started to work on my site properly and spend time educating myself then experimenting on the site. I know back links and the optimisations that we make to sites can take a few months to see the benefits but am dreading the fact that i might be doing it wrong. I don't have any page rank on any of my pages. My URLs only been running for about 5 months and my sites changed 2 servers so i know this looks bad on page ranking. But I've only decided to work on the site now for web traffic. Before i was using it for a face on the Internet and my customers, who we stay in contact with by phone, can refer to new products,product descriptions and pictures. We also kept stock availability on it. Since then i lost the website. It was being hosted on a friends account who also designed it for me. His hosting account got hacked then got banned for 3 strikes or something so they kept all the files and he didn't have any backups. So i decided to build it myself and take it on as a project. Its fun I'm actually enjoying putting in the time to read articles and experimenting.

Must be boring you guys

cheers for reading
Old 02-13-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Ooo, sounds like fun Gremlin..

Read this: http://www.aspkin.com/google-products-please/

Google Products help.

You seem to be moving along nicely Gremlin, you seem to understand how to rank your website and increase it's traffic with backlinks. It's not that easy is it?

I wish I just had one website to SEO.. now I have dozens that I have to work on.

SEO is fun.
Old 02-14-2009

Longevity: 98%

For the site search injection that The_Cynic mentioned, it actually requires a site that will redisplay the text you gave it on its website and not filter out the < and > symbols. So far I've not found a site with that security vulernability other than quantcast, which was already mentioned early in this thread.
Old 02-14-2009

Yes its definitely fun but its time consuming.
I would love to manage a few websites and reap from the benefits. But its easy to make sites and hard to work on the traffic. I need to familiarise myself with blogs as i don't have a clue how to properly use blogs, social network sites to my advantage. I do know that google rank information sites very high and social networking and blogging are one of the most sought after and filled with unique contents

I have google products, think its called google base in the UK. I uploaded a data feed for my products but for some reason the pictures were not displayed. Then i checked a few days later and a few pics were displayed while others still never showed. The only option i had was to manually edit them and add the pics. The only problem with this was that when you click on the product then it would take you to the listing page that google hosts instead of my website. So i just placed a few links and info in the listing directing customers to my site.

How have you been listing your products? Through a data feed or Manuel submission?
Old 02-14-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I wanted to point you to Google Webmaster Tools, and Analytics mostly, not Google base.

And to me it's not so much fun anymore.

It's more a chore, and yes very time consuming..

At least we have a good list of dofollow sites here thanks to The Cynic.
Old 02-16-2009

oh yes silly me, Dont know why i assumed you meant google base. lol

I would recommend it though. for some of my items i come on page 1 in slot one through google base and i get many referrals to my site.

Google products are great. I currently use the webmaster tools. The only concern i have is that i have uploaded a xml Sitemap (see how im using the capital letter "S", im learning,lol) My xml Sitemap shows google that i have 60 pages but for some reason they have only indexed 20. Its been about 2 weeks now and when they accepted the Sitemap 20 pages were already indexed. Do you mind sharing a programme that will create a xml Sitemap as im gonna give it another go. I tried out about 3 sites and 2 of them just kept crashing on me.
Old 03-19-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

gremlin, Thanks again for the directory list.

Just a quick couple of them that are easy and work.

All Links Directory

and

Invo.Info | Invo Unique Website Link Collection

On the Google base,here is a video that might help.

Open Office video
Old 03-20-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Another site I found. PR 5

ProductWiki unbiased product reviews

Free to sign up. The link from your user page is a good do follow link
Old 04-11-2009

I signed up for webshots.com and after uploading a picture there is no area for me to place a link. I tried placing a link in the caption section but can not get it to work.

Cynic how are you adding your backlinks from webshots?

bttradespace.com is a PR 5 webiste

Its free to signe up. they give a dofollow link in their directory and also give links in your own tradespace. They will give you a url like example.bttradespace.com. you can list your own items on there as well

cheers

Last edited by GREMLIN; 04-11-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You have to make a comment on the picture.

example

Brandi Carlile Concert Poster pictures from celebrities photos on webshots

The link for "Brandi Carlile poster here" in the comment section is a good do follow link.

from the page source code : --<p>That was great show and the poster is pretty good too. See the Hi Res Royalty Free version of this <a href="http://concertposters.biz"> Brandi Carlile Poster here.</a></p>--

Just add that into the comment box and make a comment on YOUR picture, they give picture OWNERS the right to do follow link.
Old 04-12-2009

great
thanks alot cynic.

here are 10 links that are do follow. Some can get confusing so if you need a hand then let me know. The majority of the links you will add to these will go in your bio section. Most use html

1. Jewcy.com | What Matters Now Page Rank 7
2. XING Page Rank 8 (About Me links are Do Follow)
3. The Unofficial Paul Krugman Web Page Page Rank 7
4. Linkk / Noticias Publicadas Page Rank 6 Pligg type social bookmarking site
5. What's Buzzing? You Tell Us! Top News and More - Yahoo! Buzz Page Rank 7 reverts to http://profiles.yahoo.com Page Rank 7 HTML in "Guestbook"
6. Museum of Hoaxes Page Rank 7
7. Benefiting the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard - Military.com Page Rank 8 MUST USE ABOUT ME PAGE
8. Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople Page Rank 6
9. New Music Videos, Reality TV Shows, Celebrity News, Top Stories | MTV Page Rank 7
10.Grist Page Rank 8

hope these help

Last edited by GREMLIN; 04-16-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That's a nice list Gremlin. Thank you for sharing that.

I have been experimenting with video and Youtube. I found something that may be helpful.

Google is now including videos in their 1st page results on many of their searches.

- the question is, what are their criteria for including your video in the 1st page search results?

From what I have been reading, the video must have a few anchor text (keyword) links and it must have a decent # of plays. Also, if the video is embedded a few places, that helps too.

--This is important because those criteria are MUCH easier to achieve for a video than a website. Then you can use the video to funnel traffic to your site. (see the tip below on adding your link to a youtube description)

-- This could be a relatively cheap and easy way for you to break into the 1st page on some competitive keywords.

I will post the results of my experiments.

Oh yeah, the links from a Youtube user page are no follow.

One tip, When you load your video, put a --http://yoursite-- at the very beginning of the description, that will turn it into a link (no Follow)but still a link.

example --- see the link in the description area on this video

-------------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AUUaew__AI

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Last edited by The_Cynic; 05-22-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just came across something that could be useful.

It's free

Check Username Availability at Multiple Social Networking Sites

The idea is to quickly set up user accounts at all these sites,

(USING YOUR KEYWORDS AS YOUR USER NAME)

on your profile page at all these sites they allow you to link to your site.

Link using your KEY WORDS as the anchor text.

--about half of these are no-follow links from the profile page.
--- but there is a lot of research showing that no follow links with appropriate (ie - keyword rich) anchor text still pass some value.

The url of your profile should now have your keywords in it.
- ie --xhttp://digg.com/user/MY-KEYWORDS-----

The hope is that since the the link to your site is from a url with your keyword in it and the link should have key word anchor text, then it will pass stronger relevancy and the links should count for more than generic links.

I am about to run through this and I will report back on the net effects.

One tip, set up a notepad doc to paste all your profile urls into, then paste the urls onto a page that regurlarly get indexed.
- This should insure that your profile links get counted.

Cheers!
Old 06-25-2009

Excellent link cynic - Thats gone straight into my bookmarks list -

I didnt know there were so many sites out there. Ive just come to know of a programme which you might have some experience with- its called senuke if you know of it then what are your thoughts?

here are a few high quality backlinks, again as usual add the links to your profile. the profile urls will be crawled by google and will work a treat

https://www.revolutionhealth.com/
The Women's Conference - Empowerment, Inspiration and Education for Women
Celebrity News, Gossip, Photos, Videos and more on The Insider
Stickam - The Live Community, Live Streaming Video
quarterlife
http://www.myyearbook.com/
MyHeritage - Free Family Tree - Genealogy - Family Photos
Home - DontStayIn
Learn More at Space.com. From Satellites to Stars, NASA information, Astronomy, the Sun and the Planets, we have your information here.
PerlMonks - The Monastery Gates
MiGente.com - Login

all domains are page rank 6-9

enjoy
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Nice Links Gremlin.

Those will really help.

Glad to hear of your success with your site.

Cheers!
Old 07-25-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

A few newsites to get on.

#1 set up a facebook page for your site

like this http://www.facebook.com/pages/concer...s/124796251096
no follow links but it puts you in front of the 175 million + on Facebook.

#2 FriendFeed If your site has a rss, get it up there, great source for deep links on autopilot.

Every time you make a new post on your site, a link to that post will automatically show up on your friendfeed. (if your site has a rss feed)

see mine Concert Posters - FriendFeed

#3 Tumblr same as friend feed, they allow you to put your feeds up. Sweet Deep links on autopliot!

see mine Concert Posters

It makes each update a new page

#4 Likaholix new site from ex googlers, it could catch.
see mine Concert Posters - ConcertPoster.org - Russ - Likaholix

Last edited by The_Cynic; 07-25-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cynic View Post
That is right, but you need to find DO FOLLOW links. Most comments are regulated and contain the rel=No Follow tag. Which google mandates to reduce spam.

However there is a free program which will find relevant forums with good ( do follow) links.

Comment Kahuna | Free Link Building Software

In about 10 minutes using this you can jam out 10 good do follow links in relevant on topic forums. Comment Kahuna ranks the sites by PR too.

If you want to venture into the black hat area and automate the process, search for Xrummer or some of the synd8 stuff.
The problem with this is the that comment kahuna uses the page rank of the main page of the website, not the actual page you are commenting on.
Old 08-02-2009

Dont worry about that philly

as long as the domain has good page rank its good to leave a backlink from a inner page without page rank.

Nearly all of my backlinks are of this nature and the authority of these sites will filter down to yours
Old 08-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Alright cool thanks Gremlin
Old 08-02-2009

Longevity: 87%

wow good work thanks alot... its like your feeding chocolate cake to a fat kind
Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hey there Werfella,

Big NAS fan?

I went to the Damian Marley - Nas concert on the 31st at the Roseland. Man, Nas does draw the cops! Huge Police presence after the show. A couple made the mistake of jaywalking across Burnside and the cops beat the **** out them in full view of everyone. Almost a riot.

I did the posters for that show. Nas Damian Marley Poster Damian is cool, he signed a few for me and I toked him a bunch back.

On the Comment Kahuna thing.

To get good do follow links, look for forums that have the "CommentLuv" plug in. It is one of the few WP plugins that sets comment links for do follow.

Just be cool. Do not Spam comments that have it.

Make only relevant, on topic comments and just take the link from your name box.

Cheers!

also,

EVERYONE do jump on Friend feed and Tumblr. Just give them your RSS and every new post on your site gets automatic deep links. Sweet!

Cheers!

Last edited by The_Cynic; 08-14-2009 at 03:33 AM.