eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   New Online Auction Site Called SlammingBids.com (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/55616-new-online-auction-site-called-slammingbids-com.html)

SlammingBids 01-21-2013 08:47 AM

New Online Auction Site Called SlammingBids.com

Visit our newly improved online auction site.
No auction setup charges
Free unlimited image uploads
No bold, highlights, etc.. charges
Free webstore
A one time low sellers verification charge for sellers
4% final value charge for sellers
And its all at SlammingBids.com
We are an online auction site where seller's and buyer's can come together to sell, buy or bid on online auctions.
We hope everyone will eventually feel comfortable with us and use our services plus have an awsome time and feel good about selling online on our new online auction site than any other online auction site. We will earn your trust.
http://www.slammingbids.com

Sandy D 01-21-2013 06:26 PM

I sure hope some huge brains have put this together because every one else trying this has failed except for one I know of.

Will take a look, thanks for sharing but it has been a long road for anyone doing this exact same thing.

It will take google to compete with ebay in my opinion to knock them off their perch.

Good luck!

zoneout 01-21-2013 06:38 PM

In my opinion, ebay will knock themselves off the perch.

Roscoe 01-21-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 412925)
I sure hope some huge brains have put this together because every one else trying this has failed except for one I know of.

Will take a look, thanks for sharing but it has been a long road for anyone doing this exact same thing.

It will take google to compete with ebay in my opinion to knock them off their perch.

Good luck!

Googe will never get into the bidding business. Not what they are about, it goes against thier Hipster cult like culture.

It would take Billions to compete with Ebay.

Ebay/PP will get even bigger with this bad economy.

SlammingBids 01-22-2013 05:19 AM

Thanks for the support and knocking me down before i stand up...............gee

TGMT² 01-22-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlammingBids (Post 413095)
and knocking me down before i stand up...............gee

Really? Who said anything derogatory about your site?

You seem pretty sensitive to criticism for undertaking a website to compete with eBay.

epain 01-23-2013 01:40 AM

Nice dream... Good luck.

NGALO1983 01-23-2013 01:53 AM

Now you need to advertise the hell out of it...Not having much money to spend for that? There are still other cheap methods to advertise B-I-G. Use Yahoo-Answers to post couple of threads about it and most importantly YOUTUBE. Youtube has a huge traffic. If you do use Youtube do not make a dull or boring video. Use your creativity to make it fun, shocking, exciting to watch because those videos gain alot of views and the more views you gain the more they will remember your brand. Just saying...

zoneout 01-23-2013 02:15 AM

OK, so you are not zooming past ebay anytime soon. That is not a knock on you.

As for your auction site, personally I think it looks great. What payment systems do you allow?

SlammingBids 01-23-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGMT² (Post 413293)
Really? Who said anything derogatory about your site?

You seem pretty sensitive to criticism for undertaking a website to compete with eBay.

ok sorry misuderstood, should of read it more carefully.

SlammingBids 01-23-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 413432)
OK, so you are not zooming past ebay anytime soon. That is not a knock on you.

As for your auction site, personally I think it looks great. What payment systems do you allow?

Thank you, We use PayPal and Google Checkout.

bruceuk 01-23-2013 10:55 AM

Looks OK
Fees seem reasonable.
Only criticisms
Header / logo look to busy in my opinion .
And i would ditch the website creation date and number of reg members until you get more members
All that is doing now is showing its been running for some time and has 12 members so not doing you any favours .
But good luck anyway.

GhostWhoWalks 01-24-2013 04:47 AM

Domain Name: SLAMMINGBIDS.COM

Created on..............: 2012-11-02 09:42:47 GMT

Not bad for a newer company. I would of registered it in a Tax heaven country in case you got very big!

And I see starting off very small here.
slammingbids.com - Information from Alexa Internet

I would not post on these forums to get newer members more like Radio or TV in one major USA CITY! It's how Ebay did it back in 1997 if I remember it correctly. They would have ads on the radio every 5 minute about placing stuff for sale and so on.

If I was you, I would start off with radio ads, tv commercials, posting in all the forums online, but not this one. I mean too me seems kinda fishy like in a strange way as a new website and all.

Go on yahoo and google type in "top 50 auction sites" Include your self to the list as #9 or #5 even lol. People love to click, tons of blogs with auction sites. There's a start for you.

Maybe even get all the dealerships in one major city to post their cars for FREE for 6 months just to get traffic flow and the name out. Might want too also get store owners and small time sellers to just post things for FREE! So you can get word out I don't know really.

And don't let no one tell you, you won't make it without billions! I mean look at facebook put out myspace. And there will always be newer websites coming up better then the last. I just got an email today from ebay saying they'll remove 1 negative feedback, and 1 case and so on just so my ranking can be good cause they are doing very good these days but still making very large amounts of money.

And everything you search for on google ebay always pops up as the top search.

http://www.alexa.com/search?q=ebay.c...eener&p=bigtop

They are rank 20th website most viewed in the world! As Amazon passed them up by a larger amount!

With 226,000+ links pointing at them from all over the web.

Don't worry you can do it! Just need brains, and time for it, if you don't have the funds for it. :thumb:

SlammingBids 01-25-2013 08:35 AM

Hi thank you for the advice i will check in to it, but the one thing i didn't understand about what you said "I mean too me seems kinda fishy like in a strange way as a new website and all." - what seems fishy or what i am doing wrong. If you feel that way maybe other people do also. How can i change that quick.

GhostWhoWalks 01-30-2013 05:41 AM

Well you are looking for the right place to get sellers on the site but do it with the radio in one major city first. Then word of mouth once people make money it gets around. Just do the radio in one major city!

Make a banner saying "The new Ebay/Amazon/Ubid auction site" or something. I'd go for radio, it's how ebay did it when they came out.

boost 01-31-2013 01:35 AM

I think as far as auction sites, ebid is the next biggest after ebay don't you think? And even then, when I have tried selling on ebid...not a single bid, but many lookers. I may take a look into this but it would take years to top ebay

raisinbrandon 02-03-2013 12:53 AM

Hmm, This appears to be an eBay clone. eBay looked very similar to this in its early days.

imjustme 02-04-2013 09:47 AM

The website that takes down eBay will not look anything like eBay. If it looks like eBay and smells like eBay - to 99.9% of visitors it's eBay.

Futuremogul888 02-04-2013 11:14 AM

So then imjustme, what is the deal with your website? When do we get a taste?

testdog 02-04-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 417414)
The website that takes down eBay will not look anything like eBay. If it looks like eBay and smells like eBay - to 99.9% of visitors it's eBay.

I completely agree... Anyway, I believe such sites have some point of existence only when they are location-oriented... but again... :violin:

imjustme 02-04-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 417429)
So then imjustme, what is the deal with your website? When do we get a taste?

No ETA but sometime this year :D

SlammingBids 04-16-2013 02:30 PM

Site Closed down