eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Selling on Playtrade (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/60822-selling-playtrade.html)

adrianr03 06-06-2013 06:42 PM

Selling on Playtrade

Any body got any experience selling on play.com i had a play trade account on the go since august last year. I was selling high volume of DVDs and some games . They deleted my account cause i couldn't verify my supplier info as a registered company and with no web site . I had flawless feedback no buyer complaints just happy customers all the way . They are as bad as amazon i cant even buy of the web site any more and when i called them a woman on the phone said i wasn't allowed to have account again .

GreenBean 06-07-2013 02:55 AM

Ouch, two strikes.

Since FACT have been more active with dealing with counterfeits etc, the UK site got much stricter about what was acceptable.

Seems they struck you down on two counts.

Can you consider going stealth & making your own (cheap) site?

Before you do that, maybe a letter of appeal could be considered.

:typing:

rsot 06-07-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianr03 (Post 455983)
Any body got any experience selling on play.com i had a play trade account on the go since august last year. I was selling high volume of DVDs and some games . They deleted my account cause i couldn't verify my supplier info as a registered company and with no web site . I had flawless feedback no buyer complaints just happy customers all the way . They are as bad as amazon i cant even buy of the web site any more and when i called them a woman on the phone said i wasn't allowed to have account again .

Worth considering your own website - also worth considering applying stealth account creation to play dot com - lighten and SPREAD your sales - perhaps your volume was too much and got flagged.

adrianr03 06-08-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 456150)
Worth considering your own website - also worth considering applying stealth account creation to play dot com - lighten and SPREAD your sales - perhaps your volume was too much and got flagged.

I am gonna see about getting my own web site created least it will be under my own terms . as for stealth i never tried to make a stealth account on play . they said they would reconsider my account for reinstatement if i had legit supplier i will see what happens if i can provide them with one . my sales volume was always quite high for selling on play

rsot 06-08-2013 06:04 PM

Right I hear you but with 4-5 stealth play accounts, you can rotate sales and build accounts with lesser volume on each

GreenBean 06-08-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianr03 (Post 456581)
I am gonna see about getting my own web site created least it will be under my own terms . as for stealth i never tried to make a stealth account on play . they said they would reconsider my account for reinstatement if i had legit supplier i will see what happens if i can provide them with one . my sales volume was always quite high for selling on play

Make a business plan including your website and the name of a supplier.

Present that to them when you are OK with what you have done.

Going stealth means you have to make web sites too & you have to make sure your suppliers are different. Gets a bit trick play.com stealth

:ranger:

rsot 06-08-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 456596)
Going stealth means you have to make web sites too & you have to make sure your suppliers are different. Gets a bit trick play.com stealth

:ranger:

Stealth should never be approached as an easy affair - people get sloppy - each platform has some things to change up a bit for stealth but can be done logically

GreenBean 06-08-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 456599)
Stealth should never be approached as an easy affair - people get sloppy - each platform has some things to change up a bit for stealth but can be done logically

Try that on play.com

Their stealth is a tad pickier.

They CHECK the supplier is real.

Did you know that?

rsot 06-08-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 456601)
They CHECK the supplier is real.

Did you know that?

Course I know that - still can be overcome :heh:

Freakzilla 06-26-2013 06:12 PM

Play.com also check your on the electoral roll at the address you state as well.

adrianr03 06-27-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 462395)
Play.com also check your on the electoral roll at the address you state as well.

i don't think they done a credit check on me as i recently got my credit report from equifax and didn't see any searches . i got new account on a relatives name and address sorted so if they do check it will be ok . but i do know 1 thing do not send them any false info they will check it for real

Freakzilla 06-27-2013 08:14 AM

To check the electoral roll, they don't need to run a credit search on you.