I need a holiday miracle - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 11-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default I need a holiday miracle

I had a real 9 to 5 and my job was down sized and im now jobless... im so screwed for the holidays .. i know no one wants to give up any hints clues or products for obvious reasons... I ask is there any one that can share some ting they might not use any longer or anything to help...

I would like to have a xmas for my son

everything thing i find is either vero or gets my accounts flagged

Please Help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: I need a holiday miracle

You do not need a miracle.

You need a kick somewhere to bring yourself back down to earth.

I know you have not been that active on the forum. But as a user here since 2010, where are all those back up accounts?

What do you have at hand right now as regards working accounts?

Tell me what you know about MC999 notices?

Oh, 'Jellybean (hugs)
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

OP were all in the same boat , I sleep every other day and for 4 hours and than the third day get 6 hours sleep

I been at the computer making accounts since 6am today

It's a direct equation work in equals profits out

Yea I'm tired my back is killing , I lost 40 lbs since starting ebay a year ago but it's so nice to have money

And it doesn't come easy you need to sacrifice always to get something u want
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-25-2013)
Old 11-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
OP were all in the same boat , I sleep every other day and for 4 hours and than the third day get 6 hours sleep

I been at the computer making accounts since 6am today

It's a direct equation work in equals profits out

Yea I'm tired my back is killing , I lost 40 lbs since starting ebay a year ago but it's so nice to have money

And it doesn't come easy you need to sacrifice always to get something u want
eBay is my job. I am stressed out 24/7 it sucks. I haven't taken a vacation in 6 years. I am lucky if I can get away for a weekend without having to deal with various problems. But you do what you have to do to survive. I don't want to put words in other peoples mouths but I do think many of the higher activity members like Dmshark25 here know doing this isn't easy. Running you own business in general in general is difficult and the high majority fail. If it was easy everyone would tell their boss to f' off and do their own thing. Dealing with eBay is another obsticale to success. Even if you have legit eBay accounts, lots of people still run many stealth accounts as an insurance policy.

Doing this stuff full time is a grind. eBay/PP is always changing making life more difficult for sellers. But you have to learn how to change. When you have to constantly spend money to try to make money with no idea if you will have a single dollar come in each year. It is rough. You learn to deal with it. Finding legitimate products etc, it is all part of the learning curve.

Obviously like the other members on this board who have been on for a while. You aren't a quitter like so many that come on for two or three messages to complain then never come back.

I know motivational speeches and crap aren't for everyone. But a few years ago when I was struggling adapting to life after college with no job prospects eBay/PP changing to kill my source of income. I came across this speech maybe slightly different video. But any time I want to give up or feel defeated which happens when you do this full time I like to watch this. Days you are on top of the world days you wonder why the heck you put yourself through all this. I think all stealthers have one thing in common we don't just roll over say ohh well it is over we lost. We do whatever it takes to get back and fight another day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-25-2013), litehart (11-28-2013), rsot (11-25-2013)
Old 11-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I wish I could help you, but one thing I have never figured out is how to make fast money. Everything I have ever done online has been built over time.

I view my research for new products and niches as almost a full-time job. For every 10 things that look promising, I'm lucky if 1 or 2 eventually show a profit.

When I first started, I bought all kinds of worthless e-books promising to show me how to make a quick fortune online. I bought "secret" supplier lists which supposedly contained suppliers who could sell me items at prices low enough to compete on eBay. None of those things ever worked.

I have, along with many others, been able to make an above-average living online. But it does not happen quickly and there is a lot of work involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
gacecu (11-25-2013)
Old 11-23-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I owned a brick and mortar business for years and have just started this for a year now

Both have the same headaches and struggles , having an ebay business is no different than owning a brick and mortar

Most people only think owning your own business is easy and you become rich this and that not true .

If u can keep ur business afloat pay ur employees and be able to pull a pay check your doing well

It's not for everyone , if u just want to punch in and out and leave the headaches at work every weekend than that is perfectly fine even smart

But others like myself have always been driven to operate my own business and it does have its perks, but there is no clock u need to do what u have to do
And you must always be changing , like in anything if you stand still you die , you need to always adapt to the ever changing environment .

The headaches eBay gives is no different than the bank wanting their money every month for the mortgage or payroll

Ebay supplies a high traffic environment and if u want to survive and be profitable ilu need to evolve as they do
Old 11-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I owned a brick and mortar business for years and have just started this for a year now

Both have the same headaches and struggles , having an ebay business is no different than owning a brick and mortar

Most people only think owning your own business is easy and you become rich this and that not true .

If u can keep ur business afloat pay ur employees and be able to pull a pay check your doing well

It's not for everyone , if u just want to punch in and out and leave the headaches at work every weekend than that is perfectly fine even smart

But others like myself have always been driven to operate my own business and it does have its perks, but there is no clock u need to do what u have to do
And you must always be changing , like in anything if you stand still you die , you need to always adapt to the ever changing environment .

The headaches eBay gives is no different than the bank wanting their money every month for the mortgage or payroll

Ebay supplies a high traffic environment and if u want to survive and be profitable ilu need to evolve as they do
I 100% agree. Making it on your own isn't easy. Everyone want's to talk **** about their boss blah blah how they underpaid etc. Well guess what it is a big free freaking world out there. You can go out on your own and do whatever the heck you want. But people who a running their own business that can't sleep at night because they have no idea when there next dollar is coming in. Or they have to work 12-14 hour days because that is what it takes to get it done. Those other people have no idea how the heck you going to sell all the inventory you just got, or finish the job you bid on, etc. It is a different mindset and a different lifestyle. When you actually have to put your time, effort and money on line then it changes things.

I agree it has its perks. I can take a break when I want and go hit up the gym when I want to most the time. I still have to get everything done. But it is on my time. But like I said before. I haven't had more than 2 days off in 6 years. I was a teenager then. And I am bonded to this because it is my business. As much as I hate eBay and everything else, I still have to respect and treat my customers like they are gold and do what I can to get packages out as soon as they are ordered. Make sure I am providing them quality product, etc. Otherwise this is over for me and I am another person out there in a horrible economy begging some other person to take a chance on me.
Old 11-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

vogeltron brings up an interesting point. Not everyone is suited to own a business or be self-employed.

If you are the type of person who cannot stand any type of uncertainty or any deviation from your "normal" routine, then this is not for you. Many people are happy waking up at 6:30am, taking a shower, leaving the house at 7:30am and working from 8am-4pm taking lunch at exactly 12:30pm. They feel "off-kilter" if their lunch break moves to 1pm.

As a business owner, you have to be able to "roll with the punches" so to speak. You have to be able to adapt to change easily. Marketplaces change, rules change, taxes and laws change, etc. You have to be able to adapt to cash flow issues - which EVERY business experiences to one degree or another and also be a good manager of money.

Building a "reserve" is a MUST! Having some extra cash on hand to smooth out the road ahead of you is important. Let's say you find a niche and sell a product that nets you $500 per week in profit. GREAT! You are happily selling, but then your supplier has a problem and for 10 days you cannot get the product. Obviously, you will lose some sales. With a reserve in place, it can be dealt with. If you are running close to the edge with no reserve, it may become difficult to put food on the table. So, if you have been proven to be incapable of saving money, then owning a business is probably not a great idea.

The upside is, if you can manage to run your own business, then you can make more money than the average person. But becoming rich is another matter entirely. Some business owners might become rich, but many more do not. I don't think there are any rich people on this forum. There are probably several who have GOOD INCOMES, but that is different than being wealthy. Of course, I can only speak for myself, so I could be wrong.

And, you CAN take a vacation once in awhile. You just have to make sure that you have someone who can take over for you for a short while. Most people I know that own their businesses complain about not having vacations, but the reality is that they CHOOSE not to take vacation time. They are frightened that if they let go of the reigns for two seconds, everything will spin out of control, which is not usually true.

If you can deal with change, then owning a business may be for you. On the other hand, if you HATE change, then it probably is not for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-25-2013)
Old 11-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

You need to pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

There are two types of people on this forum that are just ridiculous: those seeking a handout and those who think their issues are more important then others. You know those that put urgent, high priority, or emergency in their thread titles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%

all of you haves some some wise word here thanx
Old 11-25-2013

Longevity: 80%

that knowledge comes after many many many stressful days and nights and months and months of research for these items that i wouldn't give to anyone..

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-25-2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: not necessary
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
gacecu (11-25-2013)