Website Started, Paypal Payments Question?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-31-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Website Started, Paypal Payments Question??

Hello all,

I am in the process of starting my own website. I'm hosting with hostgator and I'm using oscommerce as the shopping cart. Its tough with all the new terminology but I'm surviving so far.

I have a quick question ; should I use Paypal to accept payments and if I do, should I sign up for a new business account using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info and on a different ip address from my paypal that is already linked to my ebay. I don't want any linkage whatsoever between my ebay/paypal account and my website/paypal account. Whats the safest option to go with?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2008
Threadstarter  

Also, oscommerce integrates a number of checkout options including authorize.net. and paypal. The others I have never heard of before are :

ChronoPay
iPayment
NOCHEX
2Checkout
PSiGate
SECPay
WorldPay Junior

Which is the best checkout option to choose and should I choose more than one? I want to attract as many customers as possible without turning any away for not accepting their form of payment.
Old 09-01-2008
Threadstarter  

I guess every1 is out for labor day...
Old 09-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

The thing to remember is that you want to make as easy as possible for someone for to buy. A huge % of orders get dumped because someone added stupid extra steps like having to open an "account" to order, or requiring they give an email address. You want the easiest checkout possible.

I suggest you get these 3 instead of a merchant account and just integrate them into your cart, or completely skip the cart and just use their paybutton features..

1) amazon payments ( 70 million americans have amazon accounts and it is close to one click checkout),

2) paypal 80 million too.

3) Google checkout

For a cart I recommend mercantec, they are free and very simple to integrate the above 3.

Plus they give you the optiopn of a "purchase form" with all your products listed, the person just ticks what he wants and one click to pay. Simple.

Also checkout flogd which integrates with paypal, simple 10 item store can be inserted into any page you want. Takes less than hour to set up.

see this example.

ourcynic

no need to make this stuff any more complicated than needed.

Remember, simple = good.
Old 09-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

Hello:
If you have your own website, as I do--it seems folks have no problem using their cc's, through secure methods,
i.e. Authorize.net, Cart Manager.etc..
They are very secure, and they even give you the logo demonstrating that they are Visa Certified/compliant, and Secure.

If you Must use Paypal, as I have- Paypal (for me) doesnt seem to be as hard with a website as they are with dealing with ebay matters..
Good Luck