eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Craigs...........List (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/84951-craigs-list.html)

okay 04-20-2015 04:51 AM

Craigs...........List

Is their anyone here who post ads using the CLpro app, that may have a solution for the sudden request for ph#verification on any account I attempt to list on? Selling for a while, same ip and mobile device. It feels so grrreat being asked to phone verify AFTER I have typed with my little finger, for several minutes, a nice detailed and professional ad on my phone. Talk about 'loser status'!

I'm wanna say it is a problem with text+ just doesn't work anymore or every number I am assigned by text+ has been used on CL before but not believing this is the cause. 4 accounts in a row. tried different numbers and different text apps. I had no choice but to try and use my cell phone number and see if it worked and it did.

now what teh..??

jeffweico 04-20-2015 09:21 AM

Re: Craigs...........List

The common thread here seems to be text plus. The fact is, many, many people use these free services for all kinds of things, so it would not surprise me that they have run out of numbers that Craigslist will accept.

The answer would be to get your own phones. Or at least forwarding numbers.

okay 04-20-2015 10:19 AM

Definitely.

After thinking about it more, everyone of my accounts never received the phone verification request until the accounts get 3-5 months in age. And naturally, there's a few ads in every account that were flagged due to certain keywords in the titles. And I believe the age and the history, for example, I will relist over and over until it won't let you relist anymore and, how many flagged ads in that history... About 80% of my new accounts never had to verify until months later. The rest were given text free numbers without a problem months ago. Its time to ditch the account, make new ones.

I'll share what works when making a new account and not get hit with the phone verification for a long time.

I did make every
account on a few private home IP addresses and a brand new mobile device..everything fresh. Keeping the cookies separate from each other in the chrome browser after first creating each new account in the cPro app one at a time is key. Then you get the verify new account email, open up the email, copy the 'verify acct.' link in the email body, dont click on it. Open chrome, click setting, select account, scroll to bottom select 'incognito mode', paste the link in the address bar, do not get clickaty and speed thru the terms of service, let the page finish loading! Act like your actually reading the terms, click accept, account is verified.

Close out the browser window and start the posting in the cPro app. If at anytime you have to submit incomplete listing before submission through the accounts email, same thing copy paste the link inside chrome incognito mode.

danshan 04-20-2015 10:55 AM

all those are bad ideas, CL is way more complex than that now. times have changed for cl

okay 04-20-2015 11:42 AM

Of coarse its changed. This is only my experience tried and tested by me to work being a new device new everything when creating the accounts that have lasted me at least 6 months. Its just a craigslist account. Nothing to be overly concerned about. They are free to make as many as you wish. No big deal. 6 months of steady posting on a free account seems decent to me.

Let's hear it.

unkown5454 04-20-2015 03:16 PM

Wow, much easier to just put in a number, especially selling multiple products like I do.

I've been hit with number confirm for years, after the 2nd or 3rd post.

As danshan, CL is way more advanced than you think. You cannot just create as many accounts as you want without properly stea/lthing.

They are overrun with people selling ill.egal items, sto.len property, spa.mming, etc. You really think they just ignore it all?

miketyson 04-20-2015 03:44 PM

Craigslist knows which phones are real and which ones are voip. Read this nice tip I use.

How to Pass the Craigslist Phone Verification | eHow

okay 04-20-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 661173)
Wow, much easier to just put in a number, especially selling multiple products like I do.

I've been hit with number confirm for years, after the 2nd or 3rd post.

As danshan, CL is way more advanced than you think. You cannot just create as many accounts as you want without properly stea/lthing.

They are overrun with people selling ill.egal items, sto.len property, spa.mming, etc. You really think they just ignore it all?

I always did put in a number for replying to my ads within the body itself as well as in the box itself near zip code. Speaking of zip code I matched the zip with the prefix. if their was no number then their would be no ad, no?

I didn't get requested , ever, for the phone verification until months later.