eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Is Website Tonight the Better Deal?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/9139-website-tonight-better-deal.html)

yaw1800 01-14-2009 06:32 PM

Is Website Tonight the Better Deal??

i just purchased a domain name and hosting from Godaddy.

i called up customer support and he told me that i should purchase website tonight, which is like a site builder

Its around $50 - $60 with free hosting

The price is pretty much what i just paid, so is this the better deal?? it includes the hosting so it sounds good , but then again i dont know the first thing about sites.

Anyone with Web literacy who can help i would be extrememly grateful

aspkin 01-14-2009 07:14 PM

GoDaddy + HostGator

Then you need a shopping cart, etc, etc.

yaw1800 01-14-2009 07:32 PM

i have the hosting, its only 5 pages though i actually noticed that my package came with website tonight as well.

Would 5 pages be enough for a selling website? My inventory is going to be around 20 - 30 items

aspkin 01-14-2009 09:41 PM

You need a shopping cart.

Forget what you have now, whatever those five pages are they most likely won't help you. Look at cs-cart.com or search free shopping carts for a good cart.

yaw1800 01-15-2009 12:28 AM

oh ok.. but right now im still in the process of still designing the page, in which i have not the slightest clue of what im doing. I have been reading around though.

As for shopping carts, cart manager would be a good go?

Thanks for your patience also

TGMT² 01-15-2009 01:19 AM

Hi Yaw!

I actually admire your desire to start your web site, but...

It might be better to wait a week or so for Aspkins new Ebook relating to this very subject.

Maybe he will be nice and send some of his favorite forum members a preview? :rolleyes:

yaw1800 01-15-2009 06:17 AM

I definitely am waiting for it...
Hopefully the book will be done soon, definitely looking forward to it

yaw1800 01-15-2009 10:54 AM

i was reading a site about top 10 hosting sites, HostGator an dyahoo were up there, Godaddy wasnt but my friend told me he deals with godaddy with no issues so i took his word.

I signed up for their Economy hosting plan for starters and it came with Website tonight, which is a program that helps create websites. Do you think the Economy plan was the best way to go?

Exeneva 01-19-2009 02:58 PM

Modee, unlimited bandwidth is merely an advertising technique. There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth - that's why in the TOS of every web host offering "unlimited bandwidth" there is a section detailing immediate termination of your account/removal of hosting privileges if your site is putting massive strain on the server/consuming a massive amount of server resources.

I have a couple friends working in the web hosting industry. One of them works for Dreamhost, and they're offering something like Unlimited + 10 GB bandwidth, lol.

NO ID 02-04-2009 12:49 PM

for 20-30 items you might not even need all 5 pages - it depends on the way you design the site - i have created several sites with yahoo hosting and different blogs and i use paypal on all of them - works great - this should be easy for you and you'll get better after the first - i redesigned my first site 3 times and then i realized that the first design was ok, simple and easy to navigate "customer friendly" so i switched back to it.

The_Cynic 02-04-2009 04:40 PM

GoDaddy sucks as a host and domain registrar. After I registered a domain with them I was swamped with junk mail at the address I used for it. They also pull your domains after minor complaints. There are mass horror stories about them. Ask Live Leak.

With hosting they SUCK, never try to modify a .htaccess page with them. It won't work.

There website tonight is complete ripoff, they charge you $5 a month to use their crappy template. Just say no to GoDaddy.

They are notorious for front running on domains. Just runn a domin name check, if it isn't taken, make a note then go back again the next day. Godaddy will taken it to sell back to you at profit for them. SCUMBAGS. They also cherry pick expiring domains.

GoDady = scumbags End of Story.

aspkin 02-04-2009 04:43 PM

Right, with GoDaddy their hosting sucks. I host at HostGator for a lot of my sites.

Also always get private domain without business registration. Or else you'll be swamped with junk mail for months.

The_Cynic 02-04-2009 05:11 PM

I just found the easist and best website creator out there. It's free.

Check these guys

jimdo.com

I put this up in 15 minutes. Website + Blog

Concert Posters - concert posters

Jonas 02-04-2009 08:37 PM

I often hear of people losing their domains when they're with godaddy. I've not used them myself as a host.

Oh and here's one website mentioning a famous site that it happened to:

http://shii.org/knows/4chan#4chan_hi..._the_newsposts

Quote:

11 February 2004: Something Awful user "nubdestroyer" attempts to get 4chan shut down, this time by e-mailing GoDaddy, the owner of 4chan.net. He succeeds. 4chan moves to 4chan.org where it is today.