eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Liquidation.com (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/9378-liquidation-com.html)

divine422 02-02-2009 10:08 PM

Liquidation.com

So i recently used liquidation.com. I used it before as a buyer but i have been using it more as a seller and it went very well and im probably going to use eBay less now. Only thing with liquidation is its only worth it if you are selling high valued items in bulk. Their target final price i think is about $1500 per auction, although there are items cheaper than that on the site i cant imagine sellers making much of a profit. Reasons why i prefer Liquidation.com over Ebay:

1. They have customer service. All sellers are assigned an account manager who you can email or call directly. They also call you too inform you of updates.

2. I dont have to have customer service ;). Buyers direct all questions to them only if they cant answer the questions then they will forward the question to my account.

3. Traffic was still great. All auctions are for 3 business days and i had about 500 visitors to my auction alone, something they monitor on a spreadsheet in your account.

4. Marketing, they market your auction to their customers according too your location and product category.

5. They handle all communication, from shipping to receiving payment and sending you your cheque, minus their fee of course which is 15% or $200 whichever amount is greater. I calculated based on the amount i listed and what it sold for and it was still less that what i would pay if i combined ebay and paypal fees and the professionalism and efficiency just makes it worth it.

6. The buyer has 48hrs to inspect good and file a dispute. So no weeks later chargebacks.

From a buyer perspective I have heard stories about people not getting what they paid for and they are bias in that they tend to work in favor of the sellers (im not complaining), obviously since thats how they get their money. They charge buyers and additional 5% for winning and if you bid and do not pay they will charge you a handsome fee. I would think that would help with reducing non paying buyers. Like anything you have to be cautious and know what you are bidding on and dont assume and if its way to good to be true then it probably is.

So if you sell large quantities of high valued in demand items, it may be worth a try. They also have sealed auctions which would be equivalent to Ebays BIN.

aspkin 02-02-2009 10:37 PM

Nice overview, thanks divine422.

I haven't tried them myself, but I've heard other positive remarks about them.

Here We Go Again 02-02-2009 10:49 PM

Whether this is true or not I do not know......

A while back when the issue of Paypal requesting buyers, who have filed a SNAD dispute against a seller, to send the item in question to Paypal and not the seller, it came up that the mailing address that Paypal sent the buyers was in fact a warehouse across the street from liquidation.com's warehouse in Dallas, TX.

The story was, that was why Paypal was wanting the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items sent to them and not back to the sellers.
Because they, Paypal, were re-selling them through Liquidation.com

Like I said... True or Not I do not know.
But it makes since....

philly387 02-02-2009 10:49 PM

Yeah I have been tracking some auctions on liquidation.com and i have thought about selling some large quantities on there. There are some great deals on there also!

turnaround 02-03-2009 04:02 PM

From my personal experiance liquidation.com was a horrible venture I had to file claims with my credit card institution and the Better Business Bureau about a company who does not give two s#$ts about the consumer...a great refection of the topic of this forum!

If you look up rip off companies and businesses to avoid liquidation.com has been spoken of frequently.

My story is of this, I originally purchased lots of name brand sunglasses and designer handbags from this site and did i get ripped off i purchased 3 seperate lots; 2 sunglasses and 1 handbags what did i recieve china knockoff crap with some originals and for an very heafty price! i disputed items as soon as recieved and they went to dispute great i thought i can prob get my money back after suppling appropiate info in meantime I have great protection on credit card so quickly made dispute with them and after months of items being in dispute with me calling 2-3 times a week with customer service either handing up on me nor managers returning calls nor emails i spoke with a head supervisor who told me that return labels had been sent to me months ago and i was supposed to return items within 24 hours of recieving labels low and behold more lies. I even paid to return items within a week after recieving.

Long story short i recorded dates times of phone calls, copied all emails basically every record i had with this company and won the dispute with the credit card company.

I am sharing this 8 month long financial battle with all of you so you donot avoid the pitfalls i endured with this terrible entity!!

philly387 02-03-2009 04:27 PM

Thats why I think selling on the site would be much easier than buying. When you are selling something, you always know what you are selling. When you buy something...those sellers might send you crap you didn't buy.

aspkin 02-03-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnaround (Post 74621)
From my personal experiance liquidation.com was a horrible venture I had to file claims with my credit card institution and the Better Business Bureau about a company who does not give two s#$ts about the consumer...a great refection of the topic of this forum!

If you look up rip off companies and businesses to avoid liquidation.com has been spoken of frequently.

My story is of this, I originally purchased lots of name brand sunglasses and designer handbags from this site and did i get ripped off i purchased 3 seperate lots; 2 sunglasses and 1 handbags what did i recieve china knockoff crap with some originals and for an very heafty price! i disputed items as soon as recieved and they went to dispute great i thought i can prob get my money back after suppling appropiate info in meantime I have great protection on credit card so quickly made dispute with them and after months of items being in dispute with me calling 2-3 times a week with customer service either handing up on me nor managers returning calls nor emails i spoke with a head supervisor who told me that return labels had been sent to me months ago and i was supposed to return items within 24 hours of recieving labels low and behold more lies. I even paid to return items within a week after recieving.

Long story short i recorded dates times of phone calls, copied all emails basically every record i had with this company and won the dispute with the credit card company.

I am sharing this 8 month long financial battle with all of you so you donot avoid the pitfalls i endured with this terrible entity!!

Did you get a sample item from the seller before diving in?

Usually you can acquire one at retail price if they are a legit seller.

Even with that, I wouldn't deal with a seller unless I had some customer references, and I've had time to talk with each of them to see how their experience went.

At least you got you money back. :)

clotinc 02-05-2009 03:14 AM

Does Liquidation.com use paypal as payment? Since selling bulk a lot of money will be coming through and just gives paypal another excuse to limit account.

divine422 02-05-2009 04:00 AM

US Buyers can use Paypal, Credit card or Bank Transfer Payment everyone else use Bank transfers. The money however doesnt go to the Seller it goes to liquidity inc., its released after the item shipped and the buyer inspects it within 48hrs. It may seem a bit long but they are pretty efficient (from a sellers point of view). You can also monitor the status of the transaction in your account.

suspendednowwhat 02-11-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 74632)
Did you get a sample item from the seller before diving in?

Usually you can acquire one at retail price if they are a legit seller.

Even with that, I wouldn't deal with a seller unless I had some customer references, and I've had time to talk with each of them to see how their experience went.

At least you got you money back. :)

no, you cant inspect them and you dont even have seller's info b4 the auction ends.

but its service is better than ebay.

discjokey 02-14-2009 01:19 PM

I was recently looking at that site, for buying from them to resale on eBay. Not a good place to buy things from. I done calculations on many different things, and the following were my conclusions:

A) It is only profitable to buy from them if you can pickup the product, freight is expensive.

B) Keeping above in mind, it is only profitable to buy products that are New or Refurbished.

C) Used or returned products do not come with boxes or accessories, thus their selling value is NONE.

D) Liquidation.com is a good place to sell things that otherwise won't bring profit selling on eBay.

Thus, as far as selling on Liquidation.com, very good idea, because newbs will go to that site to buy for selling on eBay. But as far as buying from them to sell on eBay, don't do it.

nobody999 02-17-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discjokey (Post 75807)
I was recently looking at that site, for buying from them to resale on eBay. Not a good place to buy things from. I done calculations on many different things, and the following were my conclusions:

A) It is only profitable to buy from them if you can pickup the product, freight is expensive.

B) Keeping above in mind, it is only profitable to buy products that are New or Refurbished.

C) Used or returned products do not come with boxes or accessories, thus their selling value is NONE.

D) Liquidation.com is a good place to sell things that otherwise won't bring profit selling on eBay.

Thus, as far as selling on Liquidation.com, very good idea, because newbs will go to that site to buy for selling on eBay. But as far as buying from them to sell on eBay, don't do it.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT! bought many items and they were mostly junk or unsaleable....can't get any kind of money back because there terms are all sales are final....items are sold as-is....
totally waste of time...

gibsonton 03-21-2009 08:31 AM

I bought 5 lots from them ..problems is if you are short changed you are screwed
1. first lot was from Target spent $200 made about $400 but took awhile
2. baby clothes - spent $300 prob lost $100 as was new but not designer
3.another lot from target spent $200 made about $300 but again stuff sells slow
4.Lingerie spent $1500 got about $800 back so lost $700
5 1200 solar lights made about $3000 off these so made up for the other stuff...problem wasi paid 1.25 a light they seller short changed by 100 - i filed dispute and liquidation gave me $45 ..
So be sure you read very well and any dispute you will most likely not get the correct maount back .. the electornics from reviews i have read are often junk .

jollybee 03-22-2009 10:54 AM

I in fact have sold on Liquidation....never a buyer however. The 2 main popular categories are Electronics and Computers/Networking. As for the electronics products, they are solid. The only problem I myself have ever encountered with a buyer is a claim of receiving scratched cases. The buyer would have won that dispute even tho that should be covered under UPS Shipping Ins. as they were properly packed to the 3" packing on all sides.

Sellers try to avoid disputes because they each come at a cost of a $200 success fee....each time you lose a dispute, you are charged and additional $200 on top of their already $200 or 15% auction fee. It is at least my experience that sellers due to that try to carefully control their merchandise.....there most definately is a paypal link/cooperation to this company and they ARE the PP returns dept.....I get alot of great info. from my account manager.

As to used, returns, shelf pulls, refurbished----junk!!! However, if you sell anything name brand on there, you MUST have a tier1 or retail store receipt faxed to the CO. before listing...if you order say Coach handbags and get a few real and some ⊗⊗⊗⊗, this should alot you a valid dispute.....especially now that you know that seller for that lot was Required to send in a retail receipt for those items listed---you can use that in your defense when filing a claim--they are not ebay and are scared of fraud issues as they are a business to business selling site. You can demand to see the receipt manifest the seller had to submit for these assets........a little something a "buyer" may not know :)

They used to do heavy volume sales in flash drives/thumb drives.....found that they were advertised as 8gb when in fact only 1 or 2gb.......buyers disputed like crazy and they held all sellers funds for months while they sampled and investigated each sellers products....they no longer allow any sales of those at all and there was huge ramifications for the sellers who did......that is the only problem I am in the know about relating to "new" merchandise.

retiredrmesgm 03-03-2015 10:34 PM

Re: Liquidation.com

To the sellers on liquidation.com, how does it work if a seller post pictures of the items and in the description that state the pictures are accurate.

I bid on 160 Pieces of Tools from a bidder. The picture showed that there was 9 items in each prepackaged item, so I thought I was getting 160 sets of prepackaged items.

I received the items today, only 54 items, and none were prepackaged, they were loose in a box that I received. I filed a dispute with liquidation.com.

How does this process actually work. I submitted pictures of what I received.