need help to create my own ecommerce website - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-16-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default need help to create my own ecommerce website

hi folks,
ok....i'm going to bite the bullet and decide to make my own ecommerce website, i have no idea how to go about doing this...i have a domain name registerd already, but it's not being "hosted" right now, i guess that's the term.

any longtime/respectable member on here that can help me create my own ecommerce website?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

There's a few people who have established their sites..

Search through the webmaster forums and go from there
Old 02-17-2009

Longevity: 89%

Its great to hear that you are getting your own site. I am sure you will enjoy all the learning involved, along with the hard work

You will find some great info on here which will point you in the right direction. If you want to get your site hosted then why not get yourself a 3 month free trial from streamline.net. very good and they will give you Google adwords vouchers and msn vouchers(not saying msn is very good) You also get a stats programme to work with called matrix stats.

If your new to web designing like myself then you will find many programmes to design your site on with helpful forums such as zencart and joomla.

I had a few issues trying to upload to my server so had no choice but to design my site through Microsoft publisher. i regret it now as i know the only way forward is to take it of publisher.

Don'T forget to concentrate on your back links and keep it regular. It will help you loads.

Keep unique contents on your site, write articles and publish them on ezine and other article sites. Use bloggers and forums to your advantage. try to get the do follow links so you can get reputation for the links.

Build your site on seo. Concentrate on your titles, meta descriptions and contents. Dont forget to add alt texts for your pictures and use alternative text links for your site. Build your site for your customers and use proven methods that will also work when robots are indexing your sites.

As long as you keep down this track then you should be ok. You wont see the traffic straight away as back links can take some time to kick in.

Use classified adds to get you some traffic. A great one that is working for me is gumtree.

best of luck
Old 02-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
Its great to hear that you are getting your own site. I am sure you will enjoy all the learning involved, along with the hard work

You will find some great info on here which will point you in the right direction. If you want to get your site hosted then why not get yourself a 3 month free trial from streamline.net. very good and they will give you Google adwords vouchers and msn vouchers(not saying msn is very good) You also get a stats programme to work with called matrix stats.

If your new to web designing like myself then you will find many programmes to design your site on with helpful forums such as zencart and joomla.

I had a few issues trying to upload to my server so had no choice but to design my site through Microsoft publisher. i regret it now as i know the only way forward is to take it of publisher.

Don'T forget to concentrate on your back links and keep it regular. It will help you loads.

Keep unique contents on your site, write articles and publish them on ezine and other article sites. Use bloggers and forums to your advantage. try to get the do follow links so you can get reputation for the links.

Build your site on seo. Concentrate on your titles, meta descriptions and contents. Dont forget to add alt texts for your pictures and use alternative text links for your site. Build your site for your customers and use proven methods that will also work when robots are indexing your sites.

As long as you keep down this track then you should be ok. You wont see the traffic straight away as back links can take some time to kick in.

Use classified adds to get you some traffic. A great one that is working for me is gumtree.

best of luck

whoa!! sounds waaay to technical for me......i have no idea how to do all this, nor do i have the time (2 kids to take care of) , i would love to have the time to learn all this, but it's just not possible at this point......i was thinking about going with someone from scriptlance....basically i need the website developed, and the only thing i need to know is how to update price and update inventory.....

i rather pay someone that is reputable from this forum instead of going to scriptlance....anyone? anyone??
Old 02-23-2009
MU

Longevity: 92%

I can do it for you for very cheap. I own 4 websites
Old 02-24-2009

Longevity: 88%

Go to buyitsellit - Free Online eCommerce Store Builder

They will give you a free website to sell products.