eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   squareup online store vs shopify, anyone use either? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/96526-squareup-online-store-vs-shopify-anyone-use-either.html)

acreech41311 05-20-2016 11:50 AM

squareup online store vs shopify, anyone use either?

Curious if anyone operates their own stores via Shopify or Squareup? I have enough regular customers through some of my blogs and facebook groups to drive traffic to my own website, so just comparison shopping right now.

Shopify seems to be the most popular but it is also the more expensive of the two. Squareup seems to make their money on the credit card processing fees only.

Just looking for feedback from people have have used one or the other, ease of setup, customer service, any problems you ran into

zenohki 05-20-2016 12:01 PM

Re: squareup online store vs shopify, anyone use either?

I've not heard of squareup, but what I would suggest is if you can have a free trial of them both, or up to a certain number of products for free, then do just that and see which you prefer and how they look on your site.

When I was starting out my own website a lot of the free sites I tried were limited on functionality, much as I tried lots of different freebies they each seemed to lack something different that I needed, in the end I settled for ECWID, but back then you could have 100 products for the free version, now you only get 10.

ECWID was my favorite at the time, but now that Im pushing my brand further I am hitting a few hurdles, and being on the basic paid for package my help from them is limited to email responses in 24hours. In the end you get what you pay for I guess :)

Anyway, you can get recommendations all you like but you wont know unless you test them. The company I used to work for paid £500 a month for their shopping cart function that linked to their network and it was the worst thing I have ever worked with, but the boss who paid for it wasn't the one using it, he just liked the sales pitch that went with it. :)

ManaKill 11-02-2016 12:15 PM

I've been using squareup for years, but only for local credit card processing needs - never sold in the online marketplace. I've been pretty happy with them for my needs

cool customer 11-02-2016 03:44 PM

I have 3 Shopify stores. There might be cheaper out there but ease of use is a big plus, as well as a massive bunch of apps (most are tosh but there are some nuggets out there.)

Shopify support has been spot on.

You gotta spend money to make money, right?

I have no experience of Squareup so cannot comment on that platform.

chicagoIL 03-01-2017 07:01 AM

I had a store with shopify. I didn't sell one item. I sell a lot on ebay but not one thing on shopify. The fees were comparable to ebay. I left the store up for 6 months, trying to give it a try but there was not enough traffic.

I also tried squareup. They initially approved me but then wanted copies of bank statements, supplier invoices, tax returns, proof of identity, etc. I am an individual artist selling art. I don't have a 'business' with business license, etc. I stopped using them because I wasn't comfortable giving them all my personal info.