Letter from louis vuiton - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Letter from louis vuiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
What are you scared of ?

FBI have better things to do than come knocking on your door because you spent $100 buying a few bags. Jesus christ, get a grip.

Just carry on ignoring the letters.

The total i spent was 250$ if i knew this will happen i would not!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Good Lass, lesson learned.

Forget and move on.
My husband was so mad and now he wants me to write to them he said if i dont respond to their letter they would sue me!
Should i respond to them ?
Old 02-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazdoud View Post
The total i spent was 250$ if i knew this will happen i would not!

LV is just trying to scare you. From what you've said it sounds like they're trying to get you to give up your supplier info. There's no need to respond to them. Whenever customs seizes something they always send a letter to the copyright holder. Some companies choose to take action by sending a followup letter like you got, and some don't. If your letter from them came certified and was something from their legal team demanding money, that would be a different story. But I don't think this is anything you need to worry about. They have much bigger fish to fry (if you're being honest about this being a one time small order).
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stastoday View Post
What's the reason of being so scared? You can tell them where you bought bags or you can not tell them anything at all. Anyway you won't be jailed due to buying some bags
I think i will write them back telling them the sourse and that i did not know they were counterfeit and i really hope they will not take my response against me in the future.
Old 02-24-2020

Longevity: 38%

Don't do anything.
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
LV is just trying to scare you. From what you've said it sounds like they're trying to get you to give up your supplier info. There's no need to respond to them. Whenever customs seizes something they always send a letter to the copyright holder. Some companies choose to take action by sending a followup letter like you got, and some don't. If your letter from them came certified and was something from their legal team demanding money, that would be a different story. But I don't think this is anything you need to worry about. They have much bigger fish to fry (if you're being honest about this being a one time small order).
Yes that was my first time small order i used to buy from aliexpress many time but only regular sttuff not brand named.and yes it was a regular mail letter with my username and they start it with dear sir or madam.
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
NO.

It would be an acknowledgement to them by you that you did something wrong. You probably still have some kind of plausible deniability at this point.
Ok thank you
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
If she imports large quantity and intend to resell them,then it is a different story
You see how the Dutch customs destroy tons of counterfeit electronics at AMsterdam port,you dont think they are not going after the importer ?
It wasn't large quantity but all were name brand was two lv 1 Burberry scarf and 3 Gucci and this was my first time i got them from dh gate but i paid through alibaba and the invoice has different bags unbranded should i provide this as a proof that i bought regular bags?
Old 02-24-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
It wasn't large quantity but all were name brand was two lv 1 Burberry scarf and 3 Gucci and this was my first time i got them from dh gate but i paid through alibaba and the invoice has different bags unbranded should i provide this as a proof that i bought regular bags?
Cheese us Christ.
Old 02-24-2020

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
then you should just ignore the letter,do nothing
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Nazdoud (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 31%

Quote:
You think if i ignore them they will not send more letters?
I don't know they are probably interested to the main supplier .you can say you bought from a private that told you they were original and after they disappeared
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroalva View Post
I don't know they are probably interested to the main supplier .you can say you bought from a private that told you they were original and after they disappeared
Ok.do you have any idea that this will affect my international travel ?i have a flight on may ?
Old 02-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Why would a huge international brand write YOU a two bit nobody (no offence) internet trader who broght a couple of dodgy brand bags a letter?

Answer is it’s likely they wouldn’t!! They have much bigger issues to deal with and unless your bringing in a lot more like a container load this to me rather this sounds like a smaller legal firm acting “on LV behalf” on a scare tactic to get you to cough up not only details about your wonky China seller but I wouldn’t be surprised if they start chasing up with demands to some sort of payment later down the line.

You will likely get more letters, my advice as the same as everyone has said here...

Do nothing do not response to the letter ignore it
Don’t import wonky branded goods stop it, stop it now there is plenty of other stuff to be hand from China that makes a profit that doesn’t entail ripping off brands
The Following User Says Thank You to tmastermind For This Useful Post:
Nazdoud (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Red face Re: Letter from louis vuiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
Why would a huge international brand write YOU a two bit nobody (no offence) internet trader who broght a couple of dodgy brand bags a letter?

Answer is it’s likely they wouldn’t!! They have much bigger issues to deal with and unless your bringing in a lot more like a container load this to me rather this sounds like a smaller legal firm acting “on LV behalf” on a scare tactic to get you to cough up not only details about your wonky China seller but I wouldn’t be surprised if they start chasing up with demands to some sort of payment later down the line.

You will likely get more letters, my advice as the same as everyone has said here...

Do nothing do not response to the letter ignore it
Don’t import wonky branded goods stop it, stop it now there is plenty of other stuff to be hand from China that makes a profit that doesn’t entail ripping off brands

Thank you for your response the package was small has 7 items in it and louis vuiton they send me this letter because in my package i had two lv purses! Im not buying from china never again this is enough for me i haven’t slept for days thinking about this ..when i buy this i didnt know it is eligible to buy i was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i was happy when i find dhgate and that was my first order!!☹️But no luck ☹️☹️I only dont want to go to jail or have a criminal record in my record☹️☹️But i learned my lesson never ever buy from china
Old 02-24-2020

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 33%

you said you also have Gucci bags,they are worse than LV,so stop buying counterfeit.
if you try t o sell them,you will run into Vero problems.
Rolex is active on Ebay,its lawyer even sent letter and fine to sellers.
Old 02-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
you said you also have Gucci bags,they are worse than LV,so stop buying counterfeit.
if you try t o sell them,you will run into Vero problems.
Rolex is active on Ebay,its lawyer even sent letter and fine to sellers.
So i will expect a letter from gucci too? Omg i don't want that happen im scared to death..did you heard of anyone got in trouble with them? Im not buying anything again 😬
Old 02-24-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
So i will expect a letter from gucci too? Omg i don't want that happen im scared to death..did you heard of anyone got in trouble with them? Im not buying anything again 😬
Excerpt from search:

According to the United States Department of Justice, it's not illegal to buy a counterfeit product for your personal use—even if you know it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+i...obile&ie=UTF-8

However, two or more units could be perceived as you purchasing to resell. Your best bet is to just lay off for a while, and buy in singles if you plan on buying for yourself

Last edited by prodigyace; 02-24-2020 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
My husband was so mad and now he wants me to write to them he said if i dont respond to their letter they would sue me!
Should i respond to them ?
Unless he is a lawyer or "in the biz", don't let him get you into more trouble
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Thank you for your response the package was small has 7 items in it and louis vuiton they send me this letter because in my package i had two lv purses! Im not buying from china never again this is enough for me i haven’t slept for days thinking about this ..when i buy this i didnt know it is eligible to buy i was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i was happy when i find dhgate and that was my first order!!☹️But no luck ☹️☹️I only dont want to go to jail or have a criminal record in my record☹️☹️But i learned my lesson never ever buy from china
Nothing to lose sleep mate as I said I’m very surprised if LV themselves wrote the letter prob some small firm. Just don’t answer plead ignorance and move on. No point losing any more sleep over it! 🙂

As regards to China, nothing wrong ordering from there and using DH Gate mate I use them all the time but it’s quite obvious which is a rip brand and what is a safe generic resale Item. If in doubt just ask the seller, they will be straight with you it’s in their best interests as a potential long term buyer of their goods. Also do your research. If you find a good item just check it through properly before placing an order
The Following User Says Thank You to tmastermind For This Useful Post:
Nazdoud (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,042 Times in 776 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 81%

You should tell them the supplier, but then say in exchange you want a Louis Vuitton genuine luggage set
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
You should tell them the supplier, but then say in exchange you want a Louis Vuitton genuine luggage set
Hah yeah that'll happen
Old 02-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Update..today i sent them a letter (written confirmation)i told them where i got the bags and that it was never my intention to import anything that is conterfeit knowingly. I hope i will never hear from them again and for sure i learned my lesson that was my first and will be the last to order anything from china😬