Ebay Account Suspended After 20 Minutes - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 05-13-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Angry Ebay Account Suspended After 20 Minutes

So this is a real headscratcher for me...
I recently created an eBay account, approximately 1 hour ago. I then activated my account, and proceeded to post my first listing. Once I clicked the 'post' button; vastly excited to FINALLY sell these wires might I add, I was met with an error message. It stated that my account has been suspended on the grounds that my account is flagging up 'serious security concerns'. I suppose if a serious security concern was my email, this would make sense.
So I then proceeded to follow the steps: check the messages box to see how to fix the issue(s), however I have no items, sold or purchased on the account, so it couldn't be an issue with refund/late payments etc. At this point, I had the account for 15 minutes.

So then I proceeded to call their helpline on 03453553229, which was met which a nice automated message and then hang up. Which was annoying. So, I decided to do the live chat. After getting through the bot, I was introduced to 'Kris' who would help me resolve this issue. The script is as follows:

Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Kris. Please give me a moment to review the previous chat you've had with my colleague.
04:42:23 UTC chwe3913
Hi Kris, it's Chloe here. Okay no worries
04:43:09 UTC Kristopher
Hi Chloe. I understand that this is all about an unpaid item case.
04:43:27 UTC Kristopher
Could you please provide the item number so that I can check on it please?
04:44:53 UTC chwe3913
This is odd because I haven't used ebay to buy or sell in the past year or so. I have no items bought or sold listed on my account as I created it about 25 minutes ago. I activated my account, then listed an item to sell which was met with the error message about account suspension due to security issues
04:45:30 UTC Kristopher
I see. Give me one quick moment then while I check the details.
04:45:46 UTC chwe3913
Thanks so much! I am quite confused. Haha
04:47:05 UTC Kristopher
No worries. I'm still checking on the account.
04:47:55 UTC chwe3913
Okay awesome
04:49:16 UTC Kristopher
Your account was suspended because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers, we have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site. We have determined that it is in our mutual best interest to part ways. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.
04:49:35 UTC Kristopher
It will be better to look for a different platform where you can buy and sell items. Thank you for showing interest in using our platform.
04:49:56 UTC chwe3913
Sorry I don't understand though?
04:50:14 UTC Kristopher
Due to the risk and concern on the account. It's our mutual best interest not to remove the suspension. We can't be more specific about the risk as it can be used to circumvent the guidelines we have.
04:50:33 UTC chwe3913
I don't understand though, is it because I listed an item for sale?
04:50:48 UTC chwe3913
Or the email? I don't understand why I can't have an ebay account.
04:51:04 UTC chwe3913
What is the risk and/or concern on the account?
04:51:07 UTC Kristopher
We have seen a risk or concern on the account. It's our mutual best interest in not to remove the restriction and it's a decision which can't be overturned.
04:51:16 UTC Kristopher
We can't be more specific about the risk as it can be used to circumvent the guidelines we have.
04:51:37 UTC chwe3913
I understand that which I comply with of course. However this doesn't make any logical sense you understand
04:51:46 UTC chwe3913
I haven't had the account for more than an hour.
04:52:35 UTC Kristopher
I trust that I have explained our decision clearly. If you do not have other concern, I'll now end this chat. Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. Goodbye.
04:52:37 UTC

This was very frustrating as Kris doesn't actually tell me why my account was suspended, even when I stated that this is all totally illogical. Since this time, I have contacted ebay on multiple social media platforms including twitter and Facebook.
All I wanted to do is to sell these god damn wires because they're gathering dust. Crap customer service and a lack of information provided has left me angry and confused.

If anyone has information or a different helpline or any idea how to resolve this issue, don't hesitate to contact me or contact eBay expressing how aggravating their site is. Either or.

Thanks 4 Reading my Diss xx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Ebay Account Suspended After 20 Minutes

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 05-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicmushroom View Post
So this is a real headscratcher for me...
I recently created an eBay account, approximately 1 hour ago. I then activated my account, and proceeded to post my first listing. Once I clicked the 'post' button; vastly excited to FINALLY sell these wires might I add, I was met with an error message. It stated that my account has been suspended on the grounds that my account is flagging up 'serious security concerns'. I suppose if a serious security concern was my email, this would make sense.
So I then proceeded to follow the steps: check the messages box to see how to fix the issue(s), however I have no items, sold or purchased on the account, so it couldn't be an issue with refund/late payments etc. At this point, I had the account for 15 minutes.

So then I proceeded to call their helpline on 03453553229, which was met which a nice automated message and then hang up. Which was annoying. So, I decided to do the live chat. After getting through the bot, I was introduced to 'Kris' who would help me resolve this issue. The script is as follows:

Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Kris. Please give me a moment to review the previous chat you've had with my colleague.
04:42:23 UTC chwe3913
Hi Kris, it's Chloe here. Okay no worries
04:43:09 UTC Kristopher
Hi Chloe. I understand that this is all about an unpaid item case.
04:43:27 UTC Kristopher
Could you please provide the item number so that I can check on it please?
04:44:53 UTC chwe3913
This is odd because I haven't used ebay to buy or sell in the past year or so. I have no items bought or sold listed on my account as I created it about 25 minutes ago. I activated my account, then listed an item to sell which was met with the error message about account suspension due to security issues
04:45:30 UTC Kristopher
I see. Give me one quick moment then while I check the details.
04:45:46 UTC chwe3913
Thanks so much! I am quite confused. Haha
04:47:05 UTC Kristopher
No worries. I'm still checking on the account.
04:47:55 UTC chwe3913
Okay awesome
04:49:16 UTC Kristopher
Your account was suspended because it exhibits a risk to eBay and to its community. As eBay is an internet-based business, and its members are our customers, we have to carefully weigh the risks involved in allowing users on our site. We have determined that it is in our mutual best interest to part ways. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.
04:49:35 UTC Kristopher
It will be better to look for a different platform where you can buy and sell items. Thank you for showing interest in using our platform.
04:49:56 UTC chwe3913
Sorry I don't understand though?
04:50:14 UTC Kristopher
Due to the risk and concern on the account. It's our mutual best interest not to remove the suspension. We can't be more specific about the risk as it can be used to circumvent the guidelines we have.
04:50:33 UTC chwe3913
I don't understand though, is it because I listed an item for sale?
04:50:48 UTC chwe3913
Or the email? I don't understand why I can't have an ebay account.
04:51:04 UTC chwe3913
What is the risk and/or concern on the account?
04:51:07 UTC Kristopher
We have seen a risk or concern on the account. It's our mutual best interest in not to remove the restriction and it's a decision which can't be overturned.
04:51:16 UTC Kristopher
We can't be more specific about the risk as it can be used to circumvent the guidelines we have.
04:51:37 UTC chwe3913
I understand that which I comply with of course. However this doesn't make any logical sense you understand
04:51:46 UTC chwe3913
I haven't had the account for more than an hour.
04:52:35 UTC Kristopher
I trust that I have explained our decision clearly. If you do not have other concern, I'll now end this chat. Thank you for contacting eBay Live Help. Goodbye.
04:52:37 UTC

This was very frustrating as Kris doesn't actually tell me why my account was suspended, even when I stated that this is all totally illogical. Since this time, I have contacted ebay on multiple social media platforms including twitter and Facebook.
All I wanted to do is to sell these god damn wires because they're gathering dust. Crap customer service and a lack of information provided has left me angry and confused.

If anyone has information or a different helpline or any idea how to resolve this issue, don't hesitate to contact me or contact eBay expressing how aggravating their site is. Either or.

Thanks 4 Reading my Diss xx
Was you using a VPN?
Old 05-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%

welcome to aspkin forums
Old 05-14-2020

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 41%

I got this using a VPN.

Issue was fixed once I start tethering the internet off my mobile device.