eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Making offer on eBay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/152163-making-offer-ebay.html)

MCB001 04-07-2024 06:00 AM

Making offer on eBay

Hello friends, please help a brother. I am from Canada, but ebay wouldn't let me make an offer for a USA item, does anyone experience this also?

agent006140 04-07-2024 06:02 AM

Go to Ebay seller or buyer session and ask

look at the listing,does it ship overseas?

No,then his buyer protection depends on seller shipping to that bogus US address.

It is easier to ship to Canada than to the rest of the world,it is cheaper and trackable,the only issue is the Canadian customs,some buyers are known to refuse package when customs feee is too high or they think it should be customs free,but Ebay has rule ,the buyer will lose the case.
Ebay also OFFERS Global shipping program where it partners with Pitney Bowles,seller will ship to Kentucky with tracking and Pitney Bowles will repack and ship to destination,Global shipping witll figure the overseas shipping costs,VAT,customs etc which buyer has to prepaid.
If for some reason the item is not fit ,either it is not allowed to leave US or not allowed to enter the foreign country or it is damaged,then it will refund the buyer,let the seller keeps the money and sell it to a local dealer who will relist on Ebay ,
One example will be Thomson guitar with a certain type of wood,it is not allowed to leave US?
Foreign countries also have rules what cannot enter the country,like live stock,gold ?ivory>.chemicals.
It is often cheaper for the US seller to use Ebay global shipping than to use private carriers and USPS.

low feedback sellers could be new sellers or sellers who do not sell much.
Many sellers who do a decent volume on Ebay do sell overseas,like I posted earlier,using Ebay Global shipping program.
seller can also select countries or regions which he would not ship,I exclude Middle East and Africa,Carribean islands.

they are asking you to change the flag of this forum,not the sales venue so we can help you better

shipping cost is set by sellers,domestic shipping will always be cheaper than overseas shipping.

if your ebay account is Canada, have a US ship to address,and you bid and win.
Then the seller is obliged to quote you a US shipping fee based on your bogus US address,I dont see how it is going to help you?
Your seller to qualify for seller protection can only ship to that bogus address

There was a time CHinese will buy from US sellers and they have someone in US to receive the shipments and forwarded them to China.
Then there is an issue with return,Ebay will only give the Chinese buyer a DOMESTIC return shipping which means the Chinese will have to pay out of his own pocket shipping from China to US,include the Ebay shipping label so whoever is forwarding his package could use it to return to Ebay??

rsot 04-07-2024 09:20 AM

Re: Making offer on eBay

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Some sellers on eb.com platform will not ship internationally, outside of the country - I figure you are dealing with this type of seller

murdered_by_ebay 04-07-2024 12:18 PM

you need to add a usa delivery address , even a bogus one , and mark it as main delivery address. after about a minute you would be able to bid , however most US sellers do not want to ship abroad , even to canada

MCB001 04-08-2024 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1239045)
Go to Ebay seller or buyer session and ask

look at the listing,does it ship overseas?

No,then his buyer protection depends on seller shipping to that bogus US address.

It is easier to ship to Canada than to the rest of the world,it is cheaper and trackable,the only issue is the Canadian customs,some buyers are known to refuse package when customs feee is too high or they think it should be customs free,but Ebay has rule ,the buyer will lose the case.
Ebay also OFFERS Global shipping program where it partners with Pitney Bowles,seller will ship to Kentucky with tracking and Pitney Bowles will repack and ship to destination,Global shipping witll figure the overseas shipping costs,VAT,customs etc which buyer has to prepaid.
If for some reason the item is not fit ,either it is not allowed to leave US or not allowed to enter the foreign country or it is damaged,then it will refund the buyer,let the seller keeps the money and sell it to a local dealer who will relist on Ebay ,
One example will be Thomson guitar with a certain type of wood,it is not allowed to leave US?
Foreign countries also have rules what cannot enter the country,like live stock,gold ?ivory>.chemicals.
It is often cheaper for the US seller to use Ebay global shipping than to use private carriers and USPS.

"So, i just discovered that the issue is somehow peculiar to sellers with lower feedback."

MCB001 04-08-2024 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1239072)
you need to add a usa delivery address , even a bogus one , and mark it as main delivery address. after about a minute you would be able to bid , however most US sellers do not want to ship abroad , even to canada

""So, i just discovered that the issue is somehow peculiar to sellers with lower feedback. Even sellers here in Canada"

yobar 04-08-2024 09:05 AM

When you make offers on ebay the seller simply excludes many countries and regions,
Some sellers who sell things prohibited by the laws of some state simply exclude that state.
It is a normal step in sales.
I sell products on eBay and some I do not sell for claifornia buyers

rsot 04-08-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCB001 (Post 1239099)
""So, i just discovered that the issue is somehow peculiar to sellers with lower feedback. Even sellers here in Canada"

this is a possibility as well but i still feel that the particular seller might not ship globally

SaiJin 04-08-2024 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCB001 (Post 1239099)

Hi mate, since you're in Canada, please change your USA flag to Canada.

Thanks and welcome to the forum

rsot 04-09-2024 08:08 AM

Good point - to change the flag

yobar 04-10-2024 10:13 AM

But wouldn't changing the account flag still generate high shipping prices for those products?

rsot 04-11-2024 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yobar (Post 1239283)
But wouldn't changing the account flag still generate high shipping prices for those products?

the account flag is about the flag on this forum ;)

OldTom 04-11-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1239072)

Maybe I'm a little bit naive, maybe not I suspect, but why the heck would anyone do this and expect a positive outcome.

I find it hard to believe that on a seller orientated forum someone would suggest a buyer jerks around with a seller like this.