eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Hello, getting screwed over by pp/ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/23127-hello-getting-screwed-over-pp-ebay.html)

fortuna 09-28-2010 01:36 AM

Hello, getting screwed over by pp/ebay

Hello,
I've had my user account on eBay for a few years. Mostly bought stuff, made 3 sales - 100 percent positive feedbacks (over 30 transactions total) and not enough sales to have a DSR yet.

I've had my pp account just as long and have used it for eBay and to pay a few monthly subs. I notice they never seemed to have an issue w/ me paying around 200 a month in bills for various services through them.

I got laid off last month and need to raise some cash so I started putting all my misc electronics and stuff on eBay. Immediately a mobo I listed sold w/ buy it now for 100 bucks and I get the "we're going to hold your payment in pending funds for 21 days / positive feedback, blah blah.

So, here I am. I'm pissed because I have all this stuff listed, need money NOW and I'm being screwed over for no reason. I don't meet the guidelines they claim to use for this 21 day hold thing so why are they doing it to me???

I'm pissed and looking to find some other ways to do my thing. I'm not out to screw anyone, I just want to sell stuff and get paid without a bunch of BS.

jeffweico 09-28-2010 02:44 AM

"I just want to sell stuff and get paid without a bunch of BS"

I kinda like that line. Sums up the way most of us on this forum feel! But that is not the eBay way.

Sometimes (but don't hold your breath) if the buyer leaves you positive feedback you can get the money BEFORE the 21 days are up. But that is not guaranteed.

Just hope that PayPal does not decide to permanently ban you. If that happens, they will hold your money for SIX MONTHS and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

But don't take it personally. 21 day holds happen to everyone when they start selling on eBay. On eBay, you are guilty until proven innocent.

rsot 09-28-2010 09:18 AM

The 21 day hold is across the board fortuna - hot topic on the forums now.

Welcome by the way - read around. Regardless, you have some solid information from jeffweico, very well-informed =)

needhelpplease 09-28-2010 09:29 AM

Yeah, it is enough to piss anyone off...but it wont go away, so if you do want to sell on ebay you have to do it the "ebay way"......Dont know if things have changed....but within 24 hours of Delivery Confirmation showing delivered the hold is released. Of course, you want to ship with delivery confirmation anyway for many reasons, so kill 2 birds with one stone. The only other choice really is to refund the payment to the buyer and try and sell it elsewhere....craigslist works pretty well for local sales...I have MUCH success with Craigslist and love it...Good Luck!

fortuna 09-28-2010 06:23 PM

I sold it yesterday and shipped it with delivery confirmation last night. It should be there in 3 days so we'll see what happens. I'm going to update my auctions so they won't end for anther week to give myself time to see if they release the hold. If they don't I'll cancel all of my 30+ auctions underway.

Looking at getting a merch account or maybe acquiring a couple of ebay / pp accounts....