Hi All - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 01-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Hi All

I have had the book for awhile and I am just now getting ready to try a new account.
One thing I have yet to find the answer to is this. What is the benefit of having a prepaid CC and a bank account linked to PP? I understand the CC lifts the limits but won't the bank account do the same thing? The other thing that is holding me up is deciding what address to use. I have no one that I can "borrow" one from so I am thinking of ones to use. The address is only for Ebay, correct? If a buyer needs to return something and they automatically send it to that address, I stand to just lose the item, right?
Sorry if these questions seem silly but this is all a little overwhelming. I haven't done Ebay selling since 2006 and when I strated back again, I was almost immediately suspended and my PP account was limited.
Thanks for any help. I am ready to start selling...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

The "benefit" of having both the CC and bank account is not just for limit-lifting but also for "account security" - your account looks to pa yp al as more "solid", the more financial info they have from you.

As for address, yes returns would be a problem unless you specifically tell buyer where to send it. That's the ease of using a p.o. box address.

All the best.
Old 01-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 76%

Thanks...I was planning to use a P.O. box but in the book he recommends not to since alot of scammers use them. Thought it might not be a great idea.
Still trying to sort thru this prepaid CC and bank account thing. It can not be that hard.....lol. My limited Pp account only had a bank acct linked to it. I am guessing there is a way to link both?
Old 01-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slee1966 View Post
Thanks...I was planning to use a P.O. box but in the book he recommends not to since alot of scammers use them. Thought it might not be a great idea.
Still trying to sort thru this prepaid CC and bank account thing. It can not be that hard.....lol. My limited Pp account only had a bank acct linked to it. I am guessing there is a way to link both?
If you get a po box at a UPS Store or smaller family run mail store then they may let you use their physical address to receive mail instead of the PO Box

Since my local UPS Store employees already knew me, I mail my UPS packages there for anonymity's sake. They use their return address, not mine, which is why I don't do UPS postage online. Often this is the same reason a person desires a PO Box

Last edited by Melissa1971; 01-20-2011 at 09:10 PM.