eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Plan A: Need help to save account... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/66533-plan-need-help-save-account.html)

Abreaks 10-30-2013 09:59 AM

Plan A: Need help to save account...

Hi everyone. Obviously if I'm here there must be a problem lol.
quick rundown of my issue on ebay.

Account open date 2002
Positive feedback: 2050 + (99.2%)
DSR's my lowest is 4.9/5.0)

BUT....
DSR's are the issue. (not in my opinion 4.9/5.0 sounds good to me lol)
out of 500+ sales in a year I got 5 item not as described...
Do I believe its all my fault? No, but I guess seller opinions do not matter at all to ebay. buyer is always right (roll eyes)
1 bought wrong item to 'try' to see if it would work on his car, it didn't.. wrong make!
1 shorted the item out, i tested it, i offered to work with him, he left neg immediately
1 didn't look at the pictures (any of the 12 I had up) and didn't like the design of this car part.
The other 2 I have no clue.

DSR ratings are taking a beating because I sell most of my items in the cold winter months and take the summer off... Now that the summer sales had dropped off a cliff, ebay told me I was not a serious seller.

up until July I was a TOP RATED SELLER and am still now a POWER SELLER.

my current DSR's are:
Item as desc: 4.9/5.0
Comm: 4.9/5.0
Ship time: 4.9/5.0
Ship cost: 5.0/5.0

The issue is those ebay percentages...
its at 1.3% out of an allowed 1.0%

My next evaluation is end of November...

Any tips on how I can save this acct?

I was surprised the people I talked to at ebay (yes I have read on here to refrain from calling them unless absolutely necessary... I called before I found this forum). and the people I spoke with told me they were sellers as well and also hate the dsr system. One told me to put up a bunch of cheap items and get people (friends) to buy it and give me positive feedback and 5 star dsr's. She said I need to get my number up before the next eval.

Some things I have changed is I went from no returns to 14 day return policy, I was 2 business day handling time, I switched it to 1 day.
And a few of my staple items I have lowered the prices to below cost .. just enough to cover shipping and fees.

Well... sorry about being long winded. I just hate the people who post up they have a problem and give little to no info and than expect advice.

BTW this is a Canadian account.

Plan B: stealth....

tmastermind 10-30-2013 10:11 AM

Re: Plan A: Need help to save account...

I feel for you as you seem to be a genuine seller who just got hit by a load of buying morans! Your not alone!

4.9/5.0 DSRs are high in my opinion and this isnt the issue as you rightly pointed out!

I got top rated seller and having not one negative in over 18 months I suddenly get 3 negs and 4 low not as described DSRs within a month which meant that I lost my TRS status! Sadly it happens even when you try your best to work things out with the buyers. Much as I think DSRs are a good system to some degree the % of low DSRs is what ruins it!

My advise would be two fold, I think the advise given to you is pretty good although not foolproof but cheap items do go quick and "stockling fillers" ;) are the route to go to getting more quick positive feedbacks and high DSR's to dilute the low ones. Having said that it wont stop you getting even more morans and low DSRs even on cheap items (its amazing how some really complain about the quality of a $1 item) so on top of this you really need to look at going stealth NOW.

I actually came across this forum because of a similar incident but with Amazon, never an issue with ebay but due to the stories of most I knew to protect my interests...I had to start stealth now for ebay for when there would be problems and its only a matter of time before there was.

rsot 10-30-2013 10:53 AM

Welcome to the forums.

An idea to consider is to lightening up on your heavy MAIN selling and add in more low-end free shipping items for positive DSR and feedback building.

All the best.

Abreaks 10-31-2013 10:49 AM

Yup, may as well clear out some items that are not hot sellers at no-profit levels. Just list em up and get em out. Cleans up my house and should be able to make some feedback off it :)

Dmshark25 10-31-2013 11:31 AM

I seem one seller selling 6 pennies for $.05 and local pickup , how obvious is that for feedback manipulation but he had 2 full feedback pages of positives for these pennies

rsot 10-31-2013 11:49 AM

Not you are on the right track - dont forget to start building back-ups

makavi94 10-31-2013 12:12 PM

Welcome to the forum.Good luck

rsot 11-01-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 499501)
Not you are on the right track - dont forget to start building back-ups

*Now you are on the right track - could not edit :( timeline