Suspended Small Business Owner From FLA - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 09-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Suspended Small Business Owner From FLA

Hi,

I had an ebay account since I was 15-2013. Been selling used aircraft parts for a long time. The husband and I have been running an aircraft salvage yard exclusively for 2 years now with 6 employees. A large part of our business was ebay. We had over 2200 items on ebay, 99.9% feedback and good dsr's. Randomly on a tuesday we got booted with the MC999. I had to let go of 3 people and we have been working very hard to stay afloat. Ebay was our "constant" form of weekly guaranteed income. Never could get a true reason why we weren't allowed to sell but every 5 hour bout of ebay phone calls would end in something different. Too much of a risk for them, we communicated too much with our customers, and then they said that they were like a restaurant-they didn't have to serve us if they didn't want to. We started a new site for the aviation community that people can buy and sell airplane parts on, hangarswap.com. Seems like it is happening to a lot of used parts dealers.

I have read, reread, and read again eBay Stealth. I started a stealth account, but still working on getting some limits without calling in. I have listed some parts on my husbands account-his is limited. Until our website really takes off, I feel like we need to keep that income that we were getting with ebay coming in again.

I have been reading the book on how ebay started. They are the biggest hypocrites. They are 100% total opposite to what they originally started ebay with. Ebay is no longer a community. There is more of a community of haters because they are so corporate and literally "ruin" peoples lives so the owner can fly around in his Gulfstream 650. (Trust me…Ive done my research)

Thanks for the welcoming to the community,

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-29-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: TMI
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Suspended Small Business Owner From FLA

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you learn stealth

Sad story - Aviation to boot.
Old 09-29-2014

Longevity: 63%

Welcome to the forum. You will do just fine with time.

It may be a little tough because of the specialized items you are selling; easily linked to suspended account.

Do you have legit part numbers that can be traced to manufacturers? If you can provide this information, why should eBay shut you down.
Old 09-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Sounds like your account may have taken up "ebay time" and ebay feels that you have cost them money via ebay resources.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Good luck on your new stealth adventures!
Old 09-30-2014

eBay ruins lives
Old 09-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Sounds like your account may have taken up "ebay time" and ebay feels that you have cost them money via ebay resources.

I kind of thought the same thing, but we only contacted ebay if there was a serious issue. We would usually handle any issues with our customers up front. We sell mostly used parts, there are going to be returns. Each airplane part fits specific makes and years. If something didn't work for someone I would try to get them what they needed.

Read above quote about how I think it was a competitor. Also, I look at some of the other major competitors on ebay and they have worse ratings than us. One has 6 negatives and 5 neutrals! I had about the same amount of items up as they did and their still live.

I'll never understand ebay. I started selling airplane parts on ebay to buy my first truck when I was 15. My dad had all these parts laying around and I thought it would be a good idea. Then 3 years later I found out I had heart issues. Ended up having emergency open heart one year later. If it wasn't for the ability of me selling airplane parts on ebay I wouldn't have been able to help pay for the medical bills and college. My parents were paying so much already! Ebay has helped so many people and now they're ruining peoples businesses, extra income, etc. So sad.
Old 09-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Welcome to the forum. You will do just fine with time.

It may be a little tough because of the specialized items you are selling; easily linked to suspended account.

Do you have legit part numbers that can be traced to manufacturers? If you can provide this information, why should eBay shut you down.
We are fully licensed with the state, all parts are faa approved, etc. We provide faa documentation for the used parts and sell new approved parts front ime to time. Most parts have part numbers. Its somewhat hard to make or even sell counterfeit with aviation. It either goes on your plane or it doesn't. Ive never seen counterfeit parts-its just not heard of-you could kill someone. My father even works for the FAA, we follow all the rules and regs! I'm a pilot myself and aircraft owner so I make sure that me and all my employees are honest with selling, cleaning, and repairing parts.

I even explained that to them on the hours and hours we spent "chatting" about my suspension.
Old 09-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Not really sure how we cost them time though? I never called them unless we absolutely had to. I always took care of our customers, especially if they purchased the wrong part or the part ended up bad. We had about the same amount as all our other competitors and better dsr's/feedback!

Im blown away by this guy: http://www.ebay.com/usr/motoplanepar...p2047675.l2559

My dad actually worked for him back in the 80's and we know him locally.

One thing I did think about the other day was- Could it had been a competitor? We met another fellow aviation ebayer at the airport 3-4 days prior to being shut down. He asked us a bunch of questions and even told us that he had been suspended and got an eBay Stealth account. He asked us a bunch of questions, told us about other aviation ebayers locally, and basically said it was gonna happen sooner than later. Then randomly a couple days later we were shut down! I just can't get it out of my head. He even came by a couple weeks after our suspension and was talking to us about ebay and I finally said we got suspended. His reaction was pretty energetic and remorseful, then he hugged me! I donna..I hate to think someone would ruin my business like that, but jeez. It's a dog eat dog world out there.