eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Do you think Ebay will reinstate me after 1 year (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/81321-do-you-think-ebay-will-reinstate-me-after-1-year.html)

superman123 01-01-2015 11:27 PM

Do you think Ebay will reinstate me after 1 year

I was suspended from ebay back in July. I was with them for more than 10 years. I moved to Amazon and I'm doing just fine. I still want an Ebay account for backup. Do you think Ebay will reinstate me if I ask them after 1 year? Afterall, the selling metrics only go back to 1 year.

rsot 01-02-2015 06:56 AM

Re: Do you think Ebay will reinstate me after 1 year

Can't say for 100% but chances are low...then again, in your shoes, I would try in 1 year BUT, in the meantime, learn stealth and make backup accounts.

Welcome to the forums

slokor 01-02-2015 03:49 PM

Highly doubtful.
I tried that on accounts that were suspended 1,2,3 4 and 5 years ago - none were a success story.
Just start a few stealth accounts and theyre only needed as a backup nurture them slowly - list an item on each every few weeks just to show activity on them until you need them full time.

GreenBean 01-02-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman123 (Post 626478)
I was suspended from ebay back in July. I was with them for more than 10 years. I moved to Amazon and I'm doing just fine. I still want an Ebay account for backup. Do you think Ebay will reinstate me if I ask them after 1 year? Afterall, the selling metrics only go back to 1 year.

What happened that you were suspended?

What was the notice you got at the time?

Always give more info rather than risk mind-reading replies.

:ranger:

superman123 01-03-2015 08:15 AM

Thanks for the reply so far. Just seller performance issue. I sold years ago, and was doing fine. When I recently start selling again, I was just not adapted quickly enough. They started by limiting the dollar amount and number of item. Eventually, they just suspend me.

makavi94 01-04-2015 11:11 AM

Welcome to the forum.Good luck

jeffweico 01-04-2015 11:18 AM

I would go stealth. It does not hurt to TRY to get your account back, however. Whether or not they will reinstate it depends on exactly WHY the account was suspended. If it was just for something like shipping times, then you would have a better chance than if it was for non-delivery of goods. But there are NO GUARANTEES with eBay.

But start making some stealth accounts. That way, you will be able to get back on eBay REGARDLESS of how they feel about that one particular account. But I wouldn't listen to those who just say "forget it completely" because you have nothing to lose by TRYING. I always try to save my accounts, although I lose very few. I've never understood the advice not to, because it is not like you would end up any worse off than you were before if they refuse.

yankee 01-04-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman123 (Post 626937)
Thanks for the reply so far. Just seller performance issue. I sold years ago, and was doing fine. When I recently start selling again, I was just not adapted quickly enough. They started by limiting the dollar amount and number of item. Eventually, they just suspend me.

Maybe, but even if they did, that will be on record forever in today's eBay. Any future issues and they will close the account. If you had a big account selling a million plus, there is a chance, but they will make you go on a journey similar to the new Hobbit Movie and even then, set you up for failure.

But that is based on my one and only experience.

Now if eBay feels you cost them even a single customer(I forgot the term they use) you will never get back on.

It is certainly easier and fast to open or buy ten accounts and be back at it. If you screw up, fix that issue and don't do it on your other accounts.

rsot 01-05-2015 12:12 AM

Don't risk reusing old info OP

superman123 01-05-2015 11:47 AM

Thanks. I know how to avoid the linking. I have couple of questions on the stealth. The guide referenced that I can use address of a local McDonald or something similar, would ebay search the address that I use and find out that it is a business address? Also, I'm deciding to use entropay for my prepaid card, Do I use my stealth address or my real address? Thanks

PS. I'm will be using this account to buy some stuffs as well, so I will have to use a PO address for receiving purposes.

rsot 01-05-2015 12:21 PM

Entropay you register as your REAL self - that info is not shared with PP.

Stick to po box addresses - I wouldnt use local mcdonald...easy to find out by PP if ever reviewed.

superman123 01-08-2015 05:50 PM

Wait.... if I register my real address with entropay, then how do I go around the credit card verification with paypal? They'll ask me for the address that is link to the card.

MM78 01-08-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman123 (Post 629195)
Wait.... if I register my real address with entropay, then how do I go around the credit card verification with paypal? They'll ask me for the address that is link to the card.

Entropay requires real information BUT it does NOT share that info with PayPal. You create a VCC, you will get the Card Number, Expiration Code, and 3 digit Security Code. You enter that info into Paypal and then request the 4 digit expuse code.

Also, if Entropay seems too complicated you can go get a Vanilla Visa.

123 01-09-2015 01:29 AM

Welcome aboard, utilizing the resources here you dont have to worry about ebay reinstating you, cause you can get as many accounts as you need : )

superman123 01-09-2015 01:36 PM

What about the billing address for the VCC. When verifying a credit/debit card in Paypal, they will ask for a billing address. Can I verify the VCC with any address? Thanks for helping