eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/)
-   -   Paypal Limited Bye bye 20k (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/introductions/87251-paypal-limited-bye-bye-20k.html)

Nballia 07-06-2015 08:12 PM

Paypal Limited Bye bye 20k

Hi everyone!

I just to sell on eBay but after a unpleasant surprise (Im sure you all know what Im talking about) I decided it was time to evolve and open my own website instead of going trough the whole process of opening a new eBay acc. My paypal account was still in good standing so that was the payment gateway I used for my website.
Sadly after a couple of months of decent sales and successful transactions, a lot more than what I was able to make on eBay, PayPal decided to close my account.
First they reached me requesting information due to the higher volume of transactions, I submitted all the information requested and everything seam fine, a couple of days later they permanently limited the account and told me they would hod the funds for 180 days. I had over 20k in the account (dumb not to transfer all to my bank acc. now I know) They just said it was due to open disputes thou I never had more than 5, nothing if you compare to hundred of successful transactions.

Point being a really liked working with Paypal before this nightmare, and Im looking forward any advise to reopen an account with them for my website.
I wont be using it on eBay just on the website.

Do you guys think they will recognize the website address and close down any account that I may open no matter how hard I try?

Any advise or suggestion from people in similar situations?

Thank you!

slokor 07-06-2015 08:16 PM

Re: Paypal Limited Bye bye 20k

Yes the website would definitely be a link.
If the volume is that high I wouldnt even bother with paypal.
Why not just open a merchant account and do things directly yourself by accepting credit cards directly and cut paypal completely out of the loop? Youll pay lower fees and never have to worry about any kind of BS paypal could throw your way.
Its by far a better solution than paypal - especially if youre not even using ebay.

Nballia 07-06-2015 08:42 PM

Thank you for the advise,
I have checked that option but I sell VeRo items so this may be a problem when opening a merchant account. Im aware they check more closely the information provided as well as the website.

I was thinking adding a new domain to the same website but Im not sure if that would be enough to keep Paypal happy.

slokor 07-06-2015 09:00 PM

I believe selling Vero items will be a far greater problem if youre going through paypal.
Never heard of any merchant account running into issues for that reason.
Also, you said you had the documents to provide for all your items so this should really not be an issue.
Id give it a go with a merchant account before trying paypal again.

rsot 07-07-2015 12:07 AM

Welcome to the forums - what category of sales OP?

123 07-07-2015 01:55 AM

Welcome to the community, dont worry stay active here and you'll learn a ton and be right back at it!

makavi94 07-13-2015 08:04 AM

Welcome to the forum.Good luck