I did myself-in trying to be honest, and communicative! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 02-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default I did myself-in trying to be honest, and communicative!

I've been a member since 2003, but since my wife came into my life, and given she works at a retail store here where I live, I thought it would be neet for us to earn extra-income selling on Ebay! I'll try and make a long story short...1st Vero (yet we thought it was b/c how we were crafting the listings...she's from out-of-the-Country, and she didn't understand copyright law...sometimes she used stock-photos, and even the box's same description (which I've come to learn is ok, as long as it is the "technical-specifications") So, it's not as if we were totally ignoring the removals...but we started talking/w Ebay front-end personnel, and other people sellling the same product, and it fooled us into thinking that we needed to re-work our listings, and maybe go a lot slower; Well, one-day, too many removals was met with our fist suspension. I did everything that was asked of me, faxing-in info. verifying my identity! We totally quit selling the questionable item...and thought all was well!

And then we accepted a return on some Coach shoes my wife bought with an employee discount at her job; Normally we don't take returns, but this person was very nice...and it seemed appropriate...so we did! Yet my wife couldn't re-list the item, b/c of listing-restrictions placed on our acc. for this particular product; I was aware of selling restrictions from our being limited in some of our listings with certain products...so I was waiting until I met the conditions to have those restrictions removed, before I applealed to Ebay; So now seemed like the perfect time to ask for any selling restrictions to be removed! I did, wrote a detailed e-mail, with point-by-point support of why we should have selling restrictions removed! I related that our 90.1% positive feed-back would have been 100% if they wouldn't have suspended us in mid-shipment, spooking our buyer into thinking we were fraudulant! I said everything is a professional and polite manner. My wife and I left the house, and I was actually feeling confident that ebay would approve my request!
Got home from a busy day of shopping, and I met my wife carrying some groceries-inside with a big frown on her face: ebay denial, removal of our current two items, and a 2nd suspension! Boy was I fired-up, sad, mad, and totally feeling run-over...and mis-treated! I wrote a return-email to Trust-and-Safety, again polite, but blunt, informing them that we only wanted to be able to re-list our returned product! It was late in the afternoon, so I wasn't expecting a reply until the next day.
Went to sleep, agitated and very up-set! Why? B/C we've never consciously scammed anybody! Rather, we've had good trade relations with our customers and often we exchanged 'good-vibes' with one-another, always shipping ASAP, and very communicative with our buyers. We had authenticating feedbacks, from our buyers, who loved the value and professionalism we worked hard to offer! So, here's where I made grand-mistake #3 (In short, don't ever say more than you have to with Ebay...Always remember, the least said is the best-said! Honesty isn't part of their game...they aren't looking for it, as much as they are looking for ways to suspend you, if you trip-up but once!) So, my grand mistake number-3 was feeling that my contest email reply to our 2nd suspension wasn't enough...so before they could reply to me, I thought more "horse-power" was needed, so I e-mailed the CEO! I didn't know his e-mail address, but I guessed it using standard business e-mail protocol...thinking surely it would be returned b/c of it being "non-deliverable"; Went about my day, and when I saw a "reply" from it later in the afternoon, my heart almost exploded with nervous agitation...Actually, it wasn't from John directly, it was from an associate in the Office-of-the-President's office! I won't name him....but suffice to say, he was as harsh and non-forgiving as anyone could be...He never accused me personally of any wrong-doing, but he basically suspended me indefinitely for a minimum of 12-months! He tried to say that my asking for selling-restriction removals had nothing to do with my inventories being removed and utimately our second suspension. The inventory (2-boots) he removed were b/c of "trade-mark infringment"--not VERO removed, and all of it was done within minutes of my getting a denial from the request to have selling restrictions removed, inventory removed, then 2nd suspension! We exchanged a couple more emails, and he talks about the first VERO we received being b/c of the DCMA and its requirements. But his error is that our products we not "copyright infringments", but rather, trademark infringments, so I don't have any recourse to file a "counter-claim"...only a law-suit! I'm pretty good on the legal-end of issues, but I ask myself if I really want to devote myself to such a cause...when I'd really rather go stealth anyway...just b/c I know that I'd be fighting a "corporate-culture-of-contol"...and it would take a lot of effort and time! I really don't want to fight that battle...I just want to open at least -1- other account...and be a "buyer" again...on Ebay...and sell a bit on the side...and forget about my first acc., my new blue-star...and nearly 100% feedback, and me and my wife's joint mom-and-pop effort to be the "best ebayers we could"! That's a bogus dream with ebay's current inability to distinguish between true "scammers" and mom-and-pops, who got popped for a whole lot of nothing! Actually I hope EBAY breaks $11.00 PPS and we get another competitor to come-along and give Ebay a run for its money! What they are doing by suspending largely innocents accounts is just plain wrong, morally reprehensible...and they deserve such karma back at them!

For now, underground and stealth, with a few questions about how to be ulitmately sussessful at such!

Good luck to all, and thank-God for Aspkins and the support we can find here!

eom!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Welcome to the forum underground, and good story!

Maybe I should move the stories from this section http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-pa...orror-stories/ here as more people are posting their stories in this section.

I enjoyed your story, and I hope you and your wife get back up to speed as soon as you can. Details from the forum and eBay Stealth should help you on your way.

If you have any questions post away and we'll be glad to help.
Old 02-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Thanks for the welcome...

My bad with the possible improper thread...if so; I did look in the Welcome thread section...then worked my way to this thread...which I can't way even say exactly what is it (need more time familiarizing myself with the site!---learning where stuff is...) browser back-and-forth and confusion on my part...and my first post; At any rate...my main question has to do with changing my IP; I have read-through the Ebay-linked forum>IP section...and I'm getting a better understanding...but still and yet, "techie I'm not"...and the more I read about how to do this, the more questions come-up. First, I want to keep my network configuration the same...that is, I have two computers on my wireless network...running through a new D-link "n" router I think...and on to a Comcast Cable Modem. What I want to do is to "buy-a-brand-new-lap-top"...and use Firefox and folloow all the instructions listed in this forum and eBay Stealth. My wife and I have already agreed that we won't use our current computers at all, to accesss ebay...just the new laptop; So, I need to be very sure about the IP address change. On the simple side, is un-plugging the modem for 24-hours? Then the next simplest thing is CMD-ing (but does this work within a network? Or only with a computer hooked-up directly to the modem?) Then I read about tweaking the router, and changing the mac address and using various ip addresses...and that confused the heck-out-of-me!

In short, what is the most simple, simplest (even if I have to go buy a brand-new router) way for me to long-on to hopefully my existing network(if I don't have to buy a new router), with a brand-new, non-Ebay-used laptop, and have a new IP address that ebay won't recongnize, keeping my current Comcast Motorola SB5120 modem?

Again, I trip-up easily on technical info, so please relay any answers in "Ebay-Stealth-For-Dummy's" language!

Thanks for the welcome...and will take this to the appropriate thread, if need be!
Old 02-23-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

The simplest solution is buying a new router and setting that up.

You'll get a new IP because the mac address on the routers are different.

I like netgear, they're about $40 at Wal-Mart and easy to setup (I have four).

Or you could try resetting your router/modem.. but that can be a pain but it does work after awhile.
Old 02-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

You can also get a VPN service but like askpin said it is better to get a new router since VPN charges monthly and a router will be cheaper and more safe. I use VPN myself since I live in a shared place and we use one router. They will get pissed off if I keep on changing routers. LOL
Old 02-26-2009
Threadstarter  

I want to thank everyone for their thoughtful replies; At first I was really nervous about "setting-all-this-up"...but now after a lot of reading, re-reading, planning, and not being too-quick to make it all happen, I can see it won't be a difficult as first imagined; Plus, after dealing with ebay as I have, I can't see, if you are going to be a prolific seller, why you wouldn't want to be "under-ground", b/c eventually, no matter how honest you are, (sometimes, as in my case, the more honest and communicative you are, the worse it is for you with restrictions and penalties as a seller!), you will have an issue that puts you the individual seller into the "guilty until maybe I think you aren't" category!

Everyday that goes by...free of "big-brother ebay" is a day I realize that I can live without ebay trying to dictate my life! Underground is the ONLY way to go, unless you are simply a "buyer-only"!

Thanks again for everyone's replies!

GLTA! eom!