eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   VPN's for Chromebook (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/106856-vpns-chromebook.html)

ghostdude 04-19-2017 10:22 PM

VPN's for Chromebook

Can anyone recommend a good VPN to use with a chromebook for stealth accts?
I know a lot of them make you download the software, but clearly cant do that with chromebook.

I found this article but want to make sure for being stealth that they are suitable.
https://www.bestvpn.com/best-chromebook-vpn/

MM78 04-20-2017 01:13 AM

Re: VPN's for Chromebook

98% of those VPN's are crap and will get your account limited.....the only one I have not ever tested but have heard of is Tunnel Bear. Do you have your heart set on a VPN?

ghostdude 04-20-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 842993)
98% of those VPN's are crap and will get your account limited.....the only one I have not ever tested but have heard of is Tunnel Bear. Do you have your heart set on a VPN?

No not dead set on it, I was more set on using the chromebook but Im almost sure VMWare will not work with chromebook.

MM78 04-22-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostdude (Post 843042)
No not dead set on it, I was more set on using the chromebook but Im almost sure VMWare will not work with chromebook.

Why not look into a Mifi device?

ghostdude 04-23-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 843397)
Why not look into a Mifi device?

Well Im going to now haha, someone just told me about them on another post.

mdpawlus 08-23-2017 05:18 PM

Can someone please guide me on how I set up 24VC on my Lenovo Chromebook? I have inputted all the fields and downloaded the file I was recommended to use called: "openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn" but I am lost and have no idea what I am suppose to do now... :(

nate 08-23-2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpawlus (Post 867280)
Can someone please guide me on how I set up 24VC on my Lenovo Chromebook? I have inputted all the fields and downloaded the file I was recommended to use called: "openvpn_remote_access_l3.ovpn" but I am lost and have no idea what I am suppose to do now... :(

My Chromebook will only connect to a VPN by L2TP/IPsec. Are you sure your Chromebook is OpenVPN capable?

dachilla 08-23-2017 11:22 PM

First you need to make sure that OpneVPN is installed. If not:

Do this in console:

sudo apt-get install openvpn

After go here:

http://www.24vc.com/guide?v=linux-openvpn

If that doesn't help you might want to download virtualbox and install win XP as a virtual machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpawlus (Post 867280)

Donald_Silver 06-19-2018 07:20 AM

You can't use VMWare on Chromebook perse, but you can use an alternate app on Chromebook. Apps like VMware Horizon Client, VMware Workspace ONE, VMware Boxer and more are compatible to work on it.

Plus, check out here which VPN is compatible to run on your Chromebook properly.
https://www.bestvpn.co/best-vpn-for-chromebook/

nate 06-19-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald_Silver (Post 925906)
You can't use VMWare on Chromebook perse, but you can use an alternate app on Chromebook. Apps like VMware Horizon Client, VMware Workspace ONE, VMware Boxer and more are compatible to work on it.

Plus, check out here which VPN is compatible to run on your Chromebook properly.
https://www.bestvpn.co/best-vpn-for-chromebook/

actually if you have a powerful enough processor (it might need VT-d I'd have to do testing to know forsure) you could run VMware Workstation on a Chromebook.

1st you would have to put the Chromebook in Dev mode...

2nd you would have to install Crouton allowing you to work in Chroot

3rd you would need to install a Linux disto (Ubuntu)

4th you would install the Linux version of VMware Workstation

I've come a long way with my Chromebook since this thread started... But I need a more powerful Chromebook now... My processor is sh!t.

nate 06-19-2018 10:41 AM

I'm able to connect to VPN on my chrombook with:

L2TP/IPsec client

OpenVPN client

(both are built into ChormeOS)

and I installed Crouton and a CLI only version of Ubuntu in chroot to install SoftEther client.

Out of all the VPN protocols SoftEther seems to be 100% undetectable once MTU is fixed by disabling UDP Acceleration

(OpenVPN you would need to tunnel through SSL using Stunnel and Im still working on the MTU value to get it to 1500)

But all that isnt necessary for EB or PP

The new Chromebooks allow you to install Google Play apps for Android you you can install better OpenVPN clients now than the one built into ChromeOS (OpenVPN 2.4.4)

ausitn44 07-11-2018 10:12 AM

Well, this a good list but the rankings are not correct there are many other VPNs like Purevpn and private VPN which are much better than these mentioned ones and I have used purevpn personally. It works great on the Chromebook.

nate 07-11-2018 01:28 PM

^^^^ You do realize those are only VPN providers...

What matters when it comes to whether or not a VPN will work with Chromebook is the VPN protocol.

The only two Clients that are built into ChormeOS are OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec. So if the provider uses either of those protocols it will work with a Chromebook.

I'm pretty sure IPBurger uses OpenVPN with the OpenVPN protocol wrapped in SSL. So you should be able to connect to IPBurger with a Chromebook, but I'm not sure about being able to use the SSL (SSL isnt exactly necessary, the VPN could connect without it, its just an extra layer of protection).

Now whether a VPN provider will work or not for stealth is an entirely different conversation.

Not to show boat or anything... but there isnt a vpn provider on the planet I would consider because I can build my own VPN's and servers to run the software are cheap. (no offence Aspkin, I'm sure IPBurger is top notch and secure).

I just prefer to have as much control as possible when it comes to my data packets containing sensitive information.

Alfred_Whitley 08-27-2018 05:04 AM

@ghostdude, I am using NordVPN, Purevpn is also good for Chromebook, You can find the other Top 5 best VPN for chromebook

Regards,

micharon 09-15-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 930254)
^^^^ You do realize those are only VPN providers...

What matters when it comes to whether or not a VPN will work with Chromebook is the VPN protocol.

The only two Clients that are built into ChormeOS are OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec. So if the provider uses either of those protocols it will work with a Chromebook.

I'm pretty sure IPBurger uses OpenVPN with the OpenVPN protocol wrapped in SSL. So you should be able to connect to IPBurger with a Chromebook, but I'm not sure about being able to use the SSL (SSL isnt exactly necessary, the VPN could connect without it, its just an extra layer of protection).

Now whether a VPN provider will work or not for stealth is an entirely different conversation.

Not to show boat or anything... but there isnt a vpn provider on the planet I would consider because I can build my own VPN's and servers to run the software are cheap. (no offence Aspkin, I'm sure IPBurger is top notch and secure).

I just prefer to have as much control as possible when it comes to my data packets containing sensitive information.

I just bought a pre-owned chromebook, and i subscribed to IP Burger for a dedicated VPN. Please can someone help me with set up instructions? Thanks!

Pandoras_box 09-15-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred_Whitley (Post 939798)
@ghostdude, I am using NordVPN, Purevpn is also good for Chromebook, You can find the other Top 5 best VPN for chromebook

Regards,

I believe OP is looking for a VPN that is compatible with Chromebook but it must also offer 'clean' IP for stealth.

PureVPN and NordVPN will get you banned on PayPal.

In the meantime, OP can use Mifi as advised by MM78.
Another option would be to contact 24vc. As Chrome OS is a Linux variant, I suppose they might be able to see to it that he is up and running.

nate 09-15-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micharon (Post 943955)
I just bought a pre-owned chromebook, and i subscribed to IP Burger for a dedicated VPN. Please can someone help me with set up instructions? Thanks!

1. Download the certificate from IPBruger

2. Go to chrome://settings/certificates using the address bar.

3. Click the Authorities tab

4. Click the Import button find and select the certificate IPBurger gave you

5. A dialog box will appear. Confirm it and click OK

Then the rest is easy.

1. Click on settings gear bottom right.

2. Click on add connection

3. Click add OpenVPN/L2TP...

4. Type the IP address of your VPN server in "Server Hostname"

5. Add what ever you like for "server name"

6. Provider Type choose "OpenVPN"

7. Add your User Name

8. Add your Password

9. Skip OPT section

10. Select your config file from the drop down in the "Server CA Certificate" section

11. Skip "User Certificate"

12. Enable save password if you want, I would...

13. Click connect

dabotom 11-23-2018 12:51 PM

Hey hi .. Is it possible to help me with the vpn install on chromebook because i have a prolem with "Authorities" and the certificate file witch it is not acceptable.. any solution for ovpn files...please i need someone to help me

matuanui 01-05-2019 12:01 AM

Getting the same problem as Dabotom. I'm getting an error everytime I try to import the certificate. Can anybody help with this?

matuanui 01-05-2019 02:45 PM

Alright, so I just figured out a way to get my VPN working from IPBurger on Chromebook. I downloaded my certificate from IPBurger then from the Google Play Store I downloaded the OpenVPN app. I then clicked on OVPN Profile and imported my certificate and it worked. I went onto IPBurger.com to see if it changed my IP address, and it did.

ghostdude 02-03-2019 09:30 AM

I ended up getting it to work but now I’m using a much easier option for my chrome book.

Only 2.50 a month with a fresh ipaddress

rsot 02-03-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostdude (Post 975882)
I ended up getting it to work but now I’m using a much easier option for my chrome book.

Only 2.50 a month with a fresh ipaddress

Hopefully IP address has not been previously used/abused.