Why rebooting mobile changes IP but it bahaves like the old one? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 03-20-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Why rebooting mobile changes IP but it bahaves like the old one?

Hi
Guide says you can just restart phone and it will change ip(tethering). But why no matter how many times I restart phone, ebay and gmail and pp never ask me for verification?
But everytime I was changing ip for stealth acc using VPN or if changed carrier it always asked me for sms or email verification.

I have experience with stealth accounts and VPN. But for that paricular situation I wanted to use tethering and lost two accounts already.
I suspect ebay linked accounts but didn't tell me that. Because they don't want to teach us how the system works and what it sees. But other acc has good metrics and everything. Plus they see risk, it doesn't look clear to them. If they ask documents, they it means they will have to reinstate it. But they don't want it at all. But mayne I am wrong

today changed carrier and with new carrier everything behaves in different way. Should I change MAC address of device? or what? I know it was discussed many times that ebay doesn't see mac address of pc. But what about mobile?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Why rebooting mobile changes IP but it bahaves like the old one?

To be honest I don’t use mobile tethering no more I lost accounts in the UK I found that switching your phone on and off does change the IP address but it rotates 2 or 3 ip’s so eventually you will come to a point where you have used the same ip on 2 account my advice to you is purchase a Fresh IP from IPBurger you can’t go wrong and will eliminate the risk of ip linkage. All the best.
Old 03-20-2018

Longevity: 72%

Mobile tethering can work fine. You need a carrier with a large IP pool.

Most of the time turning the phone off and back on changes the IP.

Google etc usually doesn't require verification because they recognize the phone, regardless of IP address.

They don't see your MAC address. Don't use the EB or PP app. They'll tag your phone.
Old 03-21-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
Exclamation Re: Why rebooting mobile changes IP but it bahaves like the old one?

I have AT&T... I've been VPN'n it for a while now but my Server was down the other day so I had to tether.

When I went to check my IP on whoer.net both on the phone and the computer I was tethered with. I noticed that the whoer.net ipv4 (IP) result on the phone was a different AT&T IP than the AT&T whoer.net ipv4 (IP) result on the computer.

Long story shot it had to do with IPv6. Once I flushed ip6tables rules on the computer (disabling ipv6) whoer.net gave me the correct ipv4 (IP) matching the whoer results on the phone.

Just something to think about if your tethering. You maybe loging the wrong ipv4 (IP).

Its probably a good practice to disable ipv6 on your computer all together no matter what.... Its not needed for EB & PP anyway. The only thing it'll do for you is get you caught up.

Last edited by nate; 03-21-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2018

Longevity: 38%

I disabled mine when I started using the VPN.
Old 03-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Mobile tethering can work fine. You need a carrier with a large IP pool.

Most of the time turning the phone off and back on changes the IP.

Google etc usually doesn't require verification because they recognize the phone, regardless of IP address.

They don't see your MAC address. Don't use the EB or PP app. They'll tag your phone.
I bought a new sim card, put it in old mobile and they google etc started to aske for verification. Maybe name of provider is important too? When you check your ip address in internet it shows it. Browser info and OS. It is a third attempt I m creating acc. Installed different version of OS and browser, new phone, address and sim. Acc still alive. But it is just 5-6 hours passed. Although, last two accounts were shut down almost immediately. The funny thing is that was not a stealth account lol. It was my real acc and I didn't do anything wrong. The only thing is the same address as on my mom's acc. And probably tethering...
Old 03-22-2018

Longevity: 72%

You changed soooo many things at once, it's going to be nearly impossible to give you any useful guidance as to what and why the problem occurred.