VMs NAT and Fresh IP addresses. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-12-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default VMs NAT and Fresh IP addresses.

Posting this here as I realise I posted in the wrong forum before ()

I am looking at creating a Ubuntu VM for each Etsy/Ebay/Amazon account I am setting up, I am going to get Fresh IP addresses from IPBurger, I wanted to ask about setting up VirtualBox and Ubuntu to use these Fresh IP addresses.

If I configure the VirtualBox instance to use NAT, and I configure Ubuntu to use a Dedicated IP address, will the stores see the IP address as set in Ubuntu, or will it route the traffic through the the host machine (windows) and see that IP address?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%
Default Re: VMs NAT and Fresh IP addresses.

I wouldn't use NAT. If you use NAT the host and the guest share the same public and local IP.

I'd connect to the VPN on the host... Then set the VM guest to use a Bridged Connection that replicates a physical network connection.

Then I would select the VPN Client Adapter to bridge to.

That way the only connection the VM guest would be able to use is the VPN. It would act as a kill switch so you would never have to worry about exposing your true IP if the VPN connection were to drop.
Old 11-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
I wouldn't use NAT. If you use NAT the host and the guest share the same public and local IP.

I'd connect to the VPN on the host... Then set the VM guest to use a Bridged Connection that replicates a physical network connection.

Then I would select the VPN Client Adapter to bridge to.

That way the only connection the VM guest would be able to use is the VPN. It would act as a kill switch so you would never have to worry about exposing your true IP if the VPN connection were to drop.
Thanks, I was hoping to set up each VM so they have their own dedicated IPs at launch rather than swapping the IPs at host level, which could result in me forgetting to change the address thus linking multiple accounts by accident.
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 33%

I have had zero issues with running the Viscosity client on my Windows VMs. Each VM has the IP auto-connect with Viscosity and kill-switch on.