UK public DNS choise (Cloudflare, Google and more) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 01-13-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default UK public DNS choise (Cloudflare, Google and more)

Hi Guys,

I want to use a Public DNS apart from my VPN provider's DNS.
My first choise is to be UK located DNSs. I tested cloudflare (1.1.1.1)with my UK Dedicated IP and it it has DNS servers in UK.

I also tried google DNS (8.8.8.8) with my dedicated UK IP and the nearest DNS servers in Belgium.

I would like to know your experiences (especially UK users)who use cloudflare and google DNS server with ebay and paypal account.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: UK public DNS choise (Cloudflare, Google and more)

I'm not UK but I'll chime in.

I had to stop using both Cloudflare and Google DNS with my Canada VPN's because they kept using VPN servers within the USA and whoer kept saying it was giving away my real location. So I google'd "Canada DNS" and found dozens of DNS servers hosted by companies in Canada. I switched to one of those random companies for DNS on my CA accounts and haven't thrown any red flags in whoer since.

I recommend searching for country-specific DNS servers.
Old 01-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I'm not UK but I'll chime in.

I had to stop using both Cloudflare and Google DNS with my Canada VPN's because they kept using VPN servers within the USA and whoer kept saying it was giving away my real location. So I google'd "Canada DNS" and found dozens of DNS servers hosted by companies in Canada. I switched to one of those random companies for DNS on my CA accounts and haven't thrown any red flags in whoer since.

I recommend searching for country-specific DNS servers.
Thanks for your reply. I have tested with whoer both Cloudflare and Google DNS it seems fine to me but I will look for another UK public DNS as you recommended.

Moreover, I am having problem by changing DNS of my VPN client. I change it after it connect but when I disconnect it sets its default DNS. Any idea how to force it to use the ones I put.
Old 01-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've noticed that too. If you can find a solution that doesn't require access to the VPN server I would love to hear about it.

After I changed my settings the behavior is strange. Sometimes whoer will say "N/A" for DNS, sometimes it will show the DNS server I selected, and sometimes it will list another random DNS server (but will still show CA as the DNS country, for whatever reason).

I doubt you can have complete control over DNS without modifying the DNS settings of the VPN server itself.