When is IP tracking really necessary? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 09-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default When is IP tracking really necessary?

If you have a single Ebay account after getting suspended, you don't have a history of all the IPs - so as long as you don't login 2 the suspended ebay or paypal account, what's the point.

Even we 2 accounts, Ebay (can do anything they want) is unlikely to link you only on an IP address - especially since the chances of getting the same one is small and that people share them within a geographic zone.

Seems to be only necessary after multiple suspensions or after having lots of active accounts.

Doesnt Ebay link on multiple criteria - IP and name or name/bank account or IP and credit card etc.?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2009

Longevity: 83%

I don't know. But have extensive knowledge of doing the wrong thing through my own misadventures with stealth accounts. In my totally naive days I used to run 3 maybe 4 accounts on the same browser. If one got bumped I just carried on. It was only last year I got 'cuter' and started learning about different computers/user accounts as it became necessary for me to use the same sign in/ID cookies, and my own thought is that these are far more important than IP address. But even then on a few occasions I signed in with the 'wrong account' and at first I got that sinking feeling, but nothing happened.

TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT, I reckon it's essential not to sign in to an account on a computer browser where there exists a sign in cookie for an already suspended account particularly where the bill has not been paid, but there is no retrospective check of IP addresses per se. and I think where bills have been squared up no flags are raised regardless.

Just my thoughts I don't know, and basically I follow forum advice, it's just good practice.
Old 12-15-2009

Longevity: 85%

As you say IP address alone is not likely enough to link you. But has got to be one big nail in the coffin if you make a mistake.

IP tracking has it's place... i.e when using a single Static IP for each account.

However I think it is fair to say it is somewhat overkill when using a dynamic IP provider.

CaptainJack
Old 12-15-2009

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextrainer View Post
If you have a single Ebay account after getting suspended, you don't have a history of all the IPs - so as long as you don't login 2 the suspended ebay or paypal account, what's the point.

Even we 2 accounts, Ebay (can do anything they want) is unlikely to link you only on an IP address - especially since the chances of getting the same one is small and that people share them within a geographic zone.

Seems to be only necessary after multiple suspensions or after having lots of active accounts.

Doesnt Ebay link on multiple criteria - IP and name or name/bank account or IP and credit card etc.?
IP is the biggest factor for linking but not the only one for suspension.
Old 12-15-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Coffee, No it's not.. Flash cookies and cookies are a way bigger factor then ip. Lots of people share the same ip in their area so eBay couldn't link mainly by ip..