Is IP change between accounts still necessry - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 09-25-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Is IP change between accounts still necessry

Obviously it makes sense to change IP if recently logged into a suspended account because of the extra monitoring likely present.

But between healthy accounts is it really necessary? I ask because with such a high portion of the population on dynamic IP's not to mention college / university campuses with hundreds of people or more all on the same one IP?

How could eBay possibly enforce account linking just a based on IP, clearly they aren't going to ban an entire student campus based off one suspended account linking to the IP address.

Thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Is IP change between accounts still necessry

It is always good stealth to change I P address between visiting different accounts, notably to stop getting them linked. Dynamic IP addresses do not change as much as you think and if you are using Virgin as your internet provider, they tend to hold onto the IP address and it’s hard to change them through the router. It’s easier to change the IP through a mobile phone tether.
We get new members on here complaining about suddenly getting suspended for no reason and it’s happening all the time on small personal sales accounts that are legit, maybe due to getting a bad IP address.
Old 09-25-2023
Threadstarter  

I understand it's long been seen as good practice, I'm just questioning the logic behind it with how wide spread IP sharing has become in the last 10 years.

I always reset my up between accounts and I'm pretty sure sometime the IP is recycled from the previous hour or even morning, in honesty I've been quite "careless" with it. I've had quite a few accounts go down over the last year but not had a single suspension due to linking of other downed account through IP.
Old 09-26-2023

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 30%

If you have suspension for the same IP they will not tell the reason, I think is better to change the ip each time, and cookies must be separated
Old 09-26-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam999 View Post
I understand it's long been seen as good practice, I'm just questioning the logic behind it with how wide spread IP sharing has become in the last 10 years.

I always reset my up between accounts and I'm pretty sure sometime the IP is recycled from the previous hour or even morning, in honesty I've been quite "careless" with it. I've had quite a few accounts go down over the last year but not had a single suspension due to linking of other downed account through IP.
careless with it...explain?
Old 09-26-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
careless with it...explain?
I mean not keeping an IP log to ensure accounts never share an IP. And if it's been over 8 hours I don't even bother to change the IP from the previous account anymore because it's so feasible that the IP could just as easily have renewed, and someone else be using it with their ebay account. I see no sense in changing it.
Old 09-26-2023

Longevity: 20%

They probably use ip plus a few other conditions to determine if they should ban you..maybe location, device, items sold etc...that's probably why people using the same ip don't all get banned together

My question is once an ip is banned do they keep it in their blacklist forever?
Old 09-26-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Obviously it makes sense to change IP if recently logged into a suspended account because of the extra monitoring likely present.

But between healthy accounts is it really necessary? I ask because with such a high portion of the population on dynamic IP's not to mention college / university campuses with hundreds of people or more all on the same one IP?

How could eBay possibly enforce account linking just a based on IP, clearly they aren't going to ban an entire student campus based off one suspended account linking to the IP address.

Thoughts?

I always tell people to stop cutting corners and be disciplined. This is a business, so remember that.

Your current routine which hopefully doesn't involve cutting any kind of corners has been working flawlessly right?
So why take a risk for a mere convenience?

Sure, if you use 30+ accounts like me resetting the modem to get new IP is a total pain. So the solution for me I just get a Residential IP from IPBurger and I set up each user account with different ID setting.

This way all I need is just turn IPBurger on and off on the browser and voila. =)
Old 09-28-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I always tell people to stop cutting corners and be disciplined. This is a business, so remember that.

Your current routine which hopefully doesn't involve cutting any kind of corners has been working flawlessly right?

Sure, if you use 30+ accounts like me resetting the modem to get new IP is a total pain. So the solution for me I just get a Residential IP from IPBurger and I set up each user account with different ID setting.

This way all I need is just turn IPBurger on and off on the browser and voila. =)
I'm not looking to cut corners, but I am interested to sanity check if there is logic behind all these measures we take. And with dynamic IP's always jumping around and the mass use of Static IP's in large institutions, I can't see the logic behind it.

SaiJin out of curiosity how do you have 30 accounts, are they really all copies of each other in your same name and address now MP is in full swing?
Old 09-29-2023

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

Sure, if you use 30+ accounts like me resetting the modem to get new IP is a total pain. So the solution for me I just get a Residential IP from IPburger and I set up each user account with different ID setting.

This way all I need is just turn ipburger on and off on the browser and voila. =)

I agree - as the saying goes, you don't have to brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep. In this case, you don't have to keep individual IPs for all accounts, only for the ones you want to keep!
Old 09-29-2023

Longevity: 9%

In all the years I have been doing stealth with many, many, many accounts, I can only remember being linked twice. I use a mobile dongle, and just pull it out and put it back in again to get a new IP, or otherwise if I'm using a VPN, I just disconnect and reconnect.

Do you have any idea how many people are sharing IP addresses?? Loads, mobile IP, and there there's WIFI - schools, cafes, airports, restaurants, libraries, public wifi etc etc
Old 09-29-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm not looking to cut corners, but I am interested to sanity check if there is logic behind all these measures we take. And with dynamic IP's always jumping around and the mass use of Static IP's in large institutions, I can't see the logic behind it.

SaiJin out of curiosity how do you have 30 accounts, are they really all copies of each other in your same name and address now MP is in full swing?
the logic is to keep risks to a minimum or to eliminate them all together.

So even things that seem harmless and trivial will end up snowballing and get your in trouble basically.

If your IP is dynamic from your cable company it shouldn't just keep changing.
But if it's the rotating residential type IP from IPburger then you needen't worry about the IP changing every 30-60 minutes since other identifiers would be more important.

IE: my ipburger I set with a different ID per account per browser so those IPs will not appear in another account.
Old 09-29-2023
Threadstarter  

I guess I'll see, it's been a year now, I've lost a few accounts to MC011 but this has never impacted any other daily accounts. If I ever have a mass account closure I'll update this thread.

If anyone is interested, I use a Telnet script to change my Residential IP from a single click script file with a TP-Link router. I'm happy to share the script if anyone wants it.

I'm fairly sure I've seen the same "repeated" IP come up hours later but I am taking that "risk" for now since whoever had my IP during the hours I didn't, would be linked to my account too if IP only linking was a thing.

I have a theory that if your IP repeatedly matches greater than an undisclosed number of times in a given time frame, this is when IP linking happens, since the probability of that happening multiple times on account A and B would be too unlikely as pure coincidence.

Last edited by sam999; 09-29-2023 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

On established accounts if you want to separate them via IP then anything, literally anything will do. V.P.N's are very common and widely used now and ebay know this.

I've never paid for one in my life, even the ones which are integrated into some browsers work great.
Old 09-30-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
On established accounts if you want to separate them via IP then anything, literally anything will do. V.P.N's are very common and widely used now and ebay know this.

I've never paid for one in my life, even the ones which are integrated into some browsers work great.
i'm not a fan of free vpns which are widely used and abused - if you're having great success with them...that's pretty lucky - many times, these accounts don't seem to last long
Old 09-30-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
i'm not a fan of free vpns which are widely used and abused - if you're having great success with them...that's pretty lucky - many times, these accounts don't seem to last long
I don't think it's luck at all, what are the chances of me sharing an IP with someone who has used it to abuse ebays services? Practically nil, and even then I can't imagine ebay would use it for grounds to close my established accounts.

V.P.N.s are not abused to the extent some believe they are, 99.99% of users simply want online privacy. That's why the big players like ExpressVPN, NordVPN etc are so widely used and get great reviews.

Anyway, I'll never pay for one. No need as respected browsers are increasingly incorporating them and they work well.
The Following User Says Thank You to OldTom For This Useful Post:
SMOZ (10-02-2023)
Old 09-30-2023
Threadstarter  

It's definitely luck. If the IP you used was previously used by an account which became suspended at the time they were on that IP, I guarantee your account would go straight down. If they simply logged into a previously suspended account before you took that IP, I don't believe that would be enough though.

Also you realise there are thousands of people each day trying to circumvent a suspension at any one time, of course they are trying with free VPN's! I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed the IP's will have been used for new accounts, it's probably the first thing people think to try before they realise it won't work without a change in address.

Last edited by sam999; 10-01-2023 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

The free V P N IP ranges are monitored and stored by the e-commerce platforms, and companies like eBay do not like them, much in the same way as security browsers and encrypted email servers.
The secret has always been, which even the AI bots can not see is stealth in plain sight. Achieve that and your accounts are safe.
Old 10-01-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
I don't think it's luck at all, what are the chances of me sharing an IP with someone who has used it to abuse ebays services? Practically nil, and even then I can't imagine ebay would use it for grounds to close my established accounts.

V.P.N.s are not abused to the extent some believe they are, 99.99% of users simply want online privacy. That's why the big players like ExpressVPN, NordVPN etc are so widely used and get great reviews.

Anyway, I'll never pay for one. No need as respected browsers are increasingly incorporating them and they work well.
Well, you do what you like to do and think what you think is right.

We're going to keep doing things that won't jeopardize our business.

But please don't force your ideas on us because we know what problems those method and companies have caused.

Last edited by SaiJin; 10-01-2023 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2023
Threadstarter  

I tried making a new batch of accounts last week using a IP's from tethering my phone for a change. I can't say for sure it was the phone IP's as I slowed the process down a bit too but I went from having 2/6 accounts survive with 5 reactivation messages to 6/6 with 0 reactivation messages with my the same method with residential IP.

Last edited by sam999; 10-02-2023 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2023

Longevity: 5%

The key is consistency, you can log in with shared VPN's and usually the worst you will get is captcha every time on Paypal. But you don't want to go changing from mobile ip, to shared VPN often.

Can can even log into your bank with a shared IP, generally speaking you will be ok. These VPN are so ubiquitos, that companies realise that it's common for people to forget their VPN is disconnected sometimes.
Old 10-05-2023

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
I tried making a new batch of accounts last week using a IP's from tethering my phone for a change. I can't say for sure it was the phone IP's as I slowed the process down a bit too but I went from having 2/6 accounts survive with 5 reactivation messages to 6/6 with 0 reactivation messages with my the same method with residential IP.
Are you making sole trader or limited company accounts? Different addresses and names each time?