eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Has anyone been able to change their Mac address with a Dlink router? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/27892-has-anyone-been-able-change-their-mac-address-dlink-router.html)

vasara 02-04-2011 07:15 PM

Has anyone been able to change their Mac address with a Dlink router?

I brought a N150 DIR 601 router but i have not opened it.

vasara 02-05-2011 06:47 PM

Anyone????

consigcody 02-05-2011 06:50 PM

you can always change your mac address using mac-clone address in the router :) i would put ddwrt on it to make it easier to do that i just looked it up and its compatible with that router

vasara 02-06-2011 01:34 AM

What is ddwrt?

jbluntz 02-06-2011 01:42 AM

It's a linux based firmware but don't you have an iphone, blackberry or droid? tethering is a much easier way to change ip, similar to dial-up.

vasara 02-07-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbluntz (Post 202869)
It's a linux based firmware but don't you have an iphone, blackberry or droid? tethering is a much easier way to change ip, similar to dial-up.

I dont understand. What is tethering?

jbluntz 02-07-2011 04:53 PM

You use your smartphone phone as a usb modem for your computer each time you login you get a new ip same with dial-up like aol.

vasara 02-09-2011 02:45 PM

i have no idea how to do this.

consigcody 02-09-2011 03:15 PM

What You'll Need

To get started, you need just a few things. Most importantly, you'll need a jailbroken iPhone (2G or 3G or 4G) with a data plan. If you've haven't already jailbroken your iPhone, grab a copy of the PwnageTool or WinPwn and follow the simple jailbreaking wizards. All jailbroken? Good. Now assuming you've got a laptop, let's get this party started.
Install PdaNet

Fire up your jailbroken iPhone and launch the Cydia application from your homescreen. Tap the search tab, then do a quick search for PdaNet. Once you find it, tap the Install button on the top right of the screen. Follow the install dialog and you're done.
Create an Ad-Hoc Network

This is the most complex sounding part of the setup, but it's actually very simple. Your laptop is capable of creating an ad-hoc wireless network that allows data to pass between it and the device that connects to it. In this case, we're going to create an ad-hoc network between your laptop and your iPhone so that your laptop can use your iPhone's data connection. Simple enough, right? Setting up the ad-hoc network varies depending on what operating system you're using. On OS X, it's a breeze: Just click on Create Network... on your Airport drop-down. Give your ad-hoc network a name and set up a password if you like. That's all there is to it. It's a little more complicated if you're on a Windows laptop, so here's how to set up an ad-hoc network in XP and here's how to do it in Vista.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Tethering

Once you've set up your ad-hoc network, tethering your iPhone to your laptop is a breeze. Just open your iPhone Settings, tap Wi-Fi, and select your newly created network. Then head back to your home screen, launch PdaNet, and flip the WiFi Router switch at the bottom of the screen.
What Else Do You Need to Know?

PdaNet stands out among its competition because—unlike the other methods we've seen—once you're rolling with PdaNet, every application on your computer has full access to the internet. Most other methods set up a SOCKS proxy, so only applications supporting that proxy will work. PdaNet runs in the background, so you can leave the application running and do other multi-tasking on your phone if you need to. The one thing you need to be particularly aware of when using PdaNet is your battery. While running, PdaNet will suck the energy from your battery with the vigor of an aggressive teenage makeout session. Even with my phone plugged in and charging, I still see a net battery drain overall. So plug in your iPhone while you're tethering or your phone will die quickly. Other than that, PdaNet works like a charm. I called this method the easiest setup, and although the steps may look fairly involved, once you learn to set up the ad-hoc network on your laptop, it takes under a minute to get your tether on. :pop2:

jbluntz 02-09-2011 03:44 PM

And if you're using a blackberry or other device through verizon you can set up VZAccess Manager here:

Mobile Broadband Connect: Quick Start Tethering Guide

fingerblast 02-15-2011 12:33 PM

I have a d-link router and I just go through the admin settings and change the last two numbers and letters, click reboot, and then unplug both the router and modem for 20 seconds.

vasara 02-17-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerblast (Post 205256)
I have a d-link router and I just go through the admin settings and change the last two numbers and letters, click reboot, and then unplug both the router and modem for 20 seconds.

I will try this one. The other ones seem complicated.

jbluntz 02-17-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasara (Post 205814)
I will try this one. The other ones seem complicated.

It's not as complicated as it seems once you have it set up using VZaccess manager, you simply click disconnect then reconnect and you're back on with a new ip in 10 seconds.

randomebayer 10-31-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingerblast (Post 205256)

This is the method I have used a few times, but for some reason it does not work for me any more when I change the mac address i get no internet connection and then when I clone the original mac back into place the connection is up and running again, any one have any suggestions...

and yes I know I have revived a old thread :clap:

xxxhustlerxxx 11-22-2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consigcody (Post 203705)
What You'll Need

To get started, you need just a few things. Most importantly, you'll need a jailbroken iPhone (2G or 3G or 4G) with a data plan. If you've haven't already jailbroken your iPhone, grab a copy of the PwnageTool or WinPwn and follow the simple jailbreaking wizards. All jailbroken? Good. Now assuming you've got a laptop, let's get this party started.
Install PdaNet

Fire up your jailbroken iPhone and launch the Cydia application from your homescreen. Tap the search tab, then do a quick search for PdaNet. Once you find it, tap the Install button on the top right of the screen. Follow the install dialog and you're done.
Create an Ad-Hoc Network

This is the most complex sounding part of the setup, but it's actually very simple. Your laptop is capable of creating an ad-hoc wireless network that allows data to pass between it and the device that connects to it. In this case, we're going to create an ad-hoc network between your laptop and your iPhone so that your laptop can use your iPhone's data connection. Simple enough, right? Setting up the ad-hoc network varies depending on what operating system you're using. On OS X, it's a breeze: Just click on Create Network... on your Airport drop-down. Give your ad-hoc network a name and set up a password if you like. That's all there is to it. It's a little more complicated if you're on a Windows laptop, so here's how to set up an ad-hoc network in XP and here's how to do it in Vista.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Tethering

Once you've set up your ad-hoc network, tethering your iPhone to your laptop is a breeze. Just open your iPhone Settings, tap Wi-Fi, and select your newly created network. Then head back to your home screen, launch PdaNet, and flip the WiFi Router switch at the bottom of the screen.
What Else Do You Need to Know?

PdaNet stands out among its competition because—unlike the other methods we've seen—once you're rolling with PdaNet, every application on your computer has full access to the internet. Most other methods set up a SOCKS proxy, so only applications supporting that proxy will work. PdaNet runs in the background, so you can leave the application running and do other multi-tasking on your phone if you need to. The one thing you need to be particularly aware of when using PdaNet is your battery. While running, PdaNet will suck the energy from your battery with the vigor of an aggressive teenage makeout session. Even with my phone plugged in and charging, I still see a net battery drain overall. So plug in your iPhone while you're tethering or your phone will die quickly. Other than that, PdaNet works like a charm. I called this method the easiest setup, and although the steps may look fairly involved, once you learn to set up the ad-hoc network on your laptop, it takes under a minute to get your tether on. :pop2:

i have to say. im glad i have a nokia n8, rather than a iphone. app in the ovi store for £8 to use ad-hoc network.. ip address changed every time i start the app! or just use my phone internet browser and ip changes everytime i start the browser.