I can't believe what i just did... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 04-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default I can't believe what i just did...

Okay, so my sister in law who never had any intentions of using ebay was kind enough to let me set up an ebay account using her information.

I changed my Ip address, set up a new user account on my computer, etc...

I have been listing a few items on the new account over the past few days and everything was on the up and up.

Then last night I was using my ipad, which I thought was getting a 3g connection and I logged into an old suspended ebay account, only to realize a few minutes later that I was hooked into my wireless router connection and using the same IP address that I have been using for the account that is set up with my sister in laws info...

I feel like such a retard. I am hoping that the IP address alone will not be enough of a reason for ebay to suspend her account, but I am also wondering if that is like hoping to win the lottery.

I just can't believe that I did that, I feel sick to my stomach...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Hide the kids, eBay is coming!

Personally because their aint no going back, I think you should go on a rampage and get everyone you know suspended, in fact if we all did it eBay would have no members and would have to reinstate us all.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: HOLD IT! Sister In Law? Different second name or same?

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-08-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah, you would think that with all of the people that ebay has suspended over the years that just about everybody could be linked to a suspended user in one way or another...
Old 04-08-2011

Quote:
Yeah, you would think that with all of the people that ebay has suspended over the years that just about everybody could be linked to a suspended user in one way or another...
That is the way it seem to be going with how strict this stuff is getting!

Did you say your sister in law has the same second name as the suspended account?
Old 04-08-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

You can still get suspended for this, but other things can get you linked, not just the ip address. You should still be up, and running, just be sure not to do this again next time. If something happens, you know why, and you will know what triggered this.
Old 04-09-2011

Are you going to be selling similar items on your sisters account as the items you sold on your suspended account, this is what will likely lead to your suspension on your sisters account.
Old 04-09-2011

Longevity: 78%

I know they say everyone is connected by six degrees of separation. But how many degrees of eBay suspension separation? I'll throw my guess out there at 3
Old 04-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

dont worry, you might be ok, just one ip not on same day is not the end of the world...people share public computers etc, if its same last name too, then thats an extra worry but again just wait and see.
Old 04-09-2011

Quote:
dont worry, you might be ok, just one ip not on same day is not the end of the world...people share public computers etc, if its same last name too, then thats an extra worry but again just wait and see.
But do you not agree that as I mentione, if he was selling similar items on his sisters account as his suspended account then this would be one of the biggest factors of suspension?

I was talking to a UK PayPal rep and they said they check the items two accounts were selling and linked them because it was clear it was the same seller.
Old 04-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Here is the deal, First if you Never used the Ipad to log onto your "Sisters" account and only used it to log onto your Suspended account that is Good,,even thouight you used the same router and Internet connection, because your Ipad has its own Unique MAC address it got assigned its own IP Address.

Now I Do admit that the Address is Identical except for only 1 Digit but it is possible that some Random Person within your WiFi range logged on, so Ebay Knows this, therefore they will look at "other" factors to Confirm the Link.

Factors like what the 2 Accounts sold as mentioned, and MANY other things, Names, addresses, phone, Fax, ect,ect,. My advice is to only use the account to BUY for at Least 30 days and then start selling again S L O W L Y this advise even applies if you are selling totally different things on the 2 accounts.

Good Luck
ShadyOne (04-09-2011)