Do you need to change your IP Address every time you switch user accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 05-16-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Do you need to change your IP Address every time you switch user accounts?

Hi there, one thing I don't get about the Stealth Book. I am going to have an ebay/paypal account for one user, and another paypal account for another user account for my website.

I can change my IP Address via my router by changing the MAC address, but do I need to do this EVERY time I log onto a different user account on my pc? It seems very drawn out. Is there a way to combat this?

Sorry if the answer is simple.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2011

Longevity: 81%

Yes it is very essential to make sure you change your Ip for each user, they have to be different for each user, because you said it yourself each windows user account has an assigned ebay/paypal account.

You do not want interchange the same ip with separate user accounts it all has to be separate. (Dont Share Ips)

Keep a nice little log of ips and when you used them(if you do get a duplicate)

keep track by searching within the doc by using the Find option

Last edited by Imback2010; 05-16-2011 at 05:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imback2010 For This Useful Post:
kizmatica (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imback2010 View Post
Yes it is very essential to make sure you change your Ip for each user they have to be different for each user because you said it yourself each windows user account has an assigned ebay/paypal account and you do not want interchange the same ip with your user accounts it all hasp to be separate

Keep a nice little log of ips and when you used them(if you do get a duplicate)

keep track by searching within the doc by using the Find option
I've recently started keeping everything on an XL spread - I cannot remember who suggested it but it was on this forum - and I simply sort the column of IPs numerically and check every time - I've not had a duplicate yet and once I've finished transferring everything on to one machine I shall be running 5 accounts.

I get through 20 or more IPs a day
Old 05-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much guys. I just read somewhere that there was someway to designate an IP for each user account on your pc, so you don't have to constantly change it 40 times a day. But I guess you can't then.

Only asked because there are 6people in my family, so fiddling with the IP address all day is going to be quite disruptive to them.

Maybe I should keep my ebay business and my website business all on the same user account, as they are related to the same niche.
Old 05-16-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

OUOTE
I can change my IP Address via my router by changing the MAC address, but do I need to do this EVERY time I log onto a different user account on my pc? It seems very drawn out. Is there a way to combat this?

buy a dongle,much simpler,you dont have to mess about with the mac address,you just log off one windows user account and onto the next,your ip will change each time.
there are many deals out there,contracts or pay as you go,i use a 3mobile payg,cheap and cheerfull & works like clockwork.
good luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
jjjia (05-30-2011), kizmatica (05-16-2011), Mrs_Rodz (12-19-2011)
Old 05-16-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

With other people in your house being affected by you changing your IP constantly, I would agree with what GTB suggested.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
kizmatica (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
I've recently started keeping everything on an XL spread - I cannot remember who suggested it but it was on this forum - and I simply sort the column of IPs numerically and check every time - I've not had a duplicate yet and once I've finished transferring everything on to one machine I shall be running 5 accounts.

I get through 20 or more IPs a day

20 or more Ips ? Wow your going in..lol Glad to see everything is going good, You just sort by numbers and not name?

You grasped it quick...Nice to see when people actually listen to the high ups..lol

@ the OP, To be able to switch back to the same IP you changed it from it has to be switched back within a 12-24 time period. Its not guaranteed but it increases your chances like 99 percent more It always worked for me when I was with cablevision.

Then I switched to fios trying to save money and I got screwed because with that actiontec router/modem, Ips only get changed by disconnecting router for 2-4 hours... not bad but not for me..... I need it changed with a snap of a finger....Which 4g does for me... I could never get the same IP again but I never delete Flash objects, Cookies Or History.

snap snap....lol
Old 05-16-2011

I'm with BT and I simply push the reset button. By time I've got the next user account open it has reset.

I do keep account names and IPs used but I would only worry if I got a duplicate.

I think it was ShadyOne said IP alone was not enough to bring attention down upon you and I operate very very deep ste alth on all of my accounts.

I guess I must be lucky with my ISP
Old 05-16-2011

same here - put the excel spreadsheet into the "startup" folder, when you turn pc on and select a user i.d. the xls opens automatically, take the i.p. addy from IPBurger (cut and paste), quick search for duplicate then save the xls. As GT says, by the time you reset the modem and logout, log back into the next user i.d. and the modem has reset.

Hey momma, i'm stealthing ...........
Old 05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple on Head View Post

Hey momma, i'm stealthing ...........
I love it when a good plan comes together!!
Old 05-16-2011

your both doin it well...
The Following User Says Thank You to Imback2010 For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (05-16-2011)
Old 05-17-2011

I made a separate user acct on my mac notebook & when i went to the new acct that i'm going to solely use for stealth, it has the same ip address as my other main acct.

i thought creating another user on my computer would give me another ip address for that account. how can i fix this? i have searched but no luck

thanks
Old 05-17-2011

^^ Try resetting your router/modem.

Changing your user prof does not automatically change your IP address.
Old 05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
^^ Try resetting your router/modem.

Changing your user prof does not automatically change your IP address.
that's what i figured, but the stealth guide was very big on making sure i have separate accounts for separate ebay accts & i have already reset my router & modem. i'm able to change my ip address quickly, so should i just stay on the 1 user acct on my mac & then change the ip address each time i log into a new acct? if that way works, do i need to clean the cookies & flash as well, or is that taken care of when i have a new ip up
Old 05-18-2011

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatK37835 View Post
that's what i figured, but the stealth guide was very big on making sure i have separate accounts for separate ebay accts & i have already reset my router & modem. i'm able to change my ip address quickly, so should i just stay on the 1 user acct on my mac & then change the ip address each time i log into a new acct? if that way works, do i need to clean the cookies & flash as well, or is that taken care of when i have a new ip up

You said it. Change the Ip each time you log into a new user account

No you don't have to clean the cookies and flash as well. But you can.
(I recommend you don't)

About cleaning cookies and flash objects- Ebay/Paypal just doesn't like it. It would look like you keep logging in from different locations, ESPECIALLY if your IPs rotate. (which like 99% do)
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

I have 3 other computers in my household for my siblings. Do they need to clear the flash/cookies on their pcs too? They don't intend on using ebay/paypal anymore (after i warned them not to lol).

It's only from my pc where paypal/ebay will be used.

Also, one thing about the Stealth Book. I have a very old hotmail address where my suspended ebay account was used. Can I not use it anymore? I obviously won't use it for ebay/paypal purposes, but would like to keep it for general use. Is this still ok? Or could ebay still track it?
Old 05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatK37835 View Post
ok,

one eb & pp account = one windows user account

dont have two sets of eb & pp on the same windows user account
it will get you linked! plus you dont have to worry about deleting cookies,and eb love cookies,so if you turn without an offering of cookies they will be upset:(

also always change,check & take note of the new ip before you log into a different eb,pp account.

this is the most efficient way to do it,

THIS IS HOW WE DO IT! BAYBE

Last edited by GTB; 05-18-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Bump to my question he he
Old 05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizmatica View Post

Also, one thing about the Stealth Book. I have a very old hotmail address where my suspended ebay account was used. Can I not use it anymore? I obviously won't use it for ebay/paypal purposes, but would like to keep it for general use. Is this still ok? Or could ebay still track it?
I did read somewhere that hotmail can be a problem but I don't see how EB and PP can see it if you are not logging in with it
Old 05-18-2011

you can still use that email address,just not for a new eb & pp,

also if you used that email address for eb & pp before and they send you an email,do not click on any links, images or anything in that email,

other than that its ok!
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
kizmatica (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
I did read somewhere that hotmail can be a problem but I don't see how EB and PP can see it if you are not logging in with it
Hotmail is fine if you do no accept the sender as safe, as pictures will then be displayed.
Old 05-18-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

I don't know what your budget is, but using different internet providers per ebay/pp account could help:

Account #1 (Tethering)

Account #2 Dialup

Account #3 Dongle

Get what I am saying?????