eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   How to Change Your IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/32623-how-change-your-ip-address.html)

Pringles 06-13-2011 02:20 AM

How to Change Your IP Address

A lot of you probably already do this but I thought I'd share how I get around having a static IP address.

I use my iPhone's internet tethering option for my PC and flick airplane mode on and off whenever I need a new IP address.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone I recommend installing SBSettings via Cydia. It makes activating/deactivating your iPhone's internet much more convenient.

newtools 06-13-2011 02:29 AM

also look at: IPmanager
you can get it from the app store on ur iphone on computer in itunes.

u shows you internal and external ip address and keeps a list of ips usedand allows you to change your ip with a touch of a button

GreenBean 06-13-2011 02:57 AM

And post the help in the right part of the forum :yar:

Now moved to IP address :yar:

JRYAN34 06-13-2011 09:24 AM

you should call your isp and have it changed to dynamic if at all possible. static is never a good idea with stealth accounts, especially if you have been banned before and are tethering like you said. one wrong connection while you are on eb/am and boom....gone.

rsot 06-13-2011 10:52 AM

Welcome to the forums - moving time.

heathcliffe 06-13-2011 04:43 PM

im wondering what happened, i read stealth and set up some accounts....when i used autiva to list items ebay came up with a message saying it wasn't allowed for use when listing items...so i have to do it right in ebay now to list my items.... has that happened to any one?

glasstree 07-06-2011 09:47 AM

It's happened to me.
eBay won't let you use Auctiva until you're off of their 3 month "probation period" ... new accounts with limit of 10/month = eBay's watching you, and Auctiva messes up their spy game.
Hope that helps, if you're still looking for an answer that is.

2hip2quit 07-06-2011 08:04 PM

I would like more info on changing ip using a smart phone. I have an atrix....is there some way to connect it to my pc and change the ip? Nothing else has worked...I have a "dynamic" ip , but everytime the ip is scheduled to expire....it does not....it just lists a new expiration lease date ?? I have tried everything....even got a new modem....nothing has worked

unkown5454 07-07-2011 12:59 AM

Every time your phone connects to the network, you have new IP...

So, turn it off, turn it back on...

Pringles 07-07-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasstree (Post 246895)
It's happened to me.
eBay won't let you use Auctiva until you're off of their 3 month "probation period" ... new accounts with limit of 10/month = eBay's watching you, and Auctiva messes up their spy game.
Hope that helps, if you're still looking for an answer that is.

Anyone know if this applies for ebay aus?

madmuppet303 07-09-2011 01:42 AM

Airplane Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 238877)
A lot of you probably already do this but I thought I'd share how I get around having a static IP address.

I use my iPhone's internet tethering option for my PC and flick airplane mode on and off whenever I need a new IP address.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone I recommend installing SBSettings via Cydia. It makes activating/deactivating your iPhone's internet much more convenient.

:clap:I never thought about Airplane Mode.....brilliant. I've always turned the phone off and sometimes that takes 2 or 3 times. So this is a real timesaver.:hail:

skyhigh 08-15-2011 11:51 AM

Buy Iphone to tether to PC

Hi Im a newbie but I have a few stealth accounts working thus far. I drive all over town to use a new ip. My home internet is static and I need to get around this.
Too impatient for dialup...

I wanted to buy an Iphone and use the tethering method to my laptop for quick changing ips for each account.
Do I have to buy the iphone with the monthly $40+ charge of internet and email from my service provider (verizon)? Or can I try to find a good deal on an original iphone without the expensive internet package from verizon and make it tether by other methods (like jailbreaking it etc)?

Any input would be appreciated! thanks!!

mcuongdt1986 08-18-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtools (Post 238883)
also look at: IPmanager
you can get it from the app store on ur iphone on computer in itunes.

u shows you internal and external ip address and keeps a list of ips usedand allows you to change your ip with a touch of a button

Hi, I am new to this forum. I just read through Ebay Stealth. At changing IP part, I follow instruction by using my iPhone to connect with my PC to change IP. But does IP change new everytimes using iPhone to connect to PC? With IPmanager that you mentioned can I fix one IP with one ebay account? And can I choose IP I want? I am afraid when I change IP, it may be back to old IP.

And if IP keep changing when I use only one ebay account, do they allow me to sell because sometimes they said this it not my computer and they want to call me to get verified code?

Thanks

Hrad 08-23-2011 02:00 PM

Careful for those of you using your phones to change the IP. I used this a handful of times and pretty soon I actually discovered I seem to be getting the same 7 or 8 IPs over and over. Watch out, keep track.

unkown5454 08-23-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrad (Post 262099)
Careful for those of you using your phones to change the IP. I used this a handful of times and pretty soon I actually discovered I seem to be getting the same 7 or 8 IPs over and over. Watch out, keep track.

All depends on carrier and spectrum frequency you run on. Some have a huge range, while others like T-Mobile 4G in USA, do not.

markc 08-24-2011 12:11 PM

having trouble with netgear

I cant change my ip address iam using netgear router going through virgin
has anyone had any problems with this or do you no how to do it

any help would be appreciated

cheers Mark

schaffer84 12-10-2011 06:12 PM

Ok, for those of you who are having troubles changing your IP address. If you are using a router, all that you have to do is this:

1) Log into Router
2) Go to your 'Mac Address'
3) Change 2 of the #'s in your Mac Address and Save Settings.
Example; 00:00:00:00:01 - Change the last 2 numbers: 00:00:00:00:02
4) Unplug modem for 30 seconds, then plug back in.
5) Check IP Address on w w w.w h a t i s m y i p .c o m
6) Should have a new IP Address

Keep changing those last 2 digits and repeat steps whenever you would like to change your IP Address.

animalkaiserevo 08-21-2012 11:40 PM

sorry for bumping up this old thread ,

can i find out if my ISP is using the dynamic IP , is there any point to change the IP address ? or should i completely avoid using the same computer that i used for my banned eb account ?

hollerme 08-24-2012 04:40 AM

I'm stuck too - I bought SMAC to change the Mac (and thought that would change IP) - SMAC didnt work so I used Technitium instead which worked immediately. However the IP address remains the same (despite my ISP saying it's not static).

slim jim 08-24-2012 10:09 AM

animal- yes you can by calling them but how would you know if you used an ip on an old suspended account?

rsot 08-24-2012 12:14 PM

If you have dynamic IP, you can turn on and off on your modem.

Duaber 08-26-2012 04:16 PM

Hollerme. Technitium is meant to change the mac address of the computer not the router