eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   I Cant Edit "Wan MAC" On The Setup Page (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/53694-i-cant-edit-wan-mac-setup-page.html)

csvmont 12-02-2012 01:03 AM

I Cant Edit "Wan MAC" On The Setup Page

First, I'd like to start by thanking the Mod for creating this forum, and the book. I must say it's the best eBook I have read. It's complete information goes straight to the point. I spent a long time searching for info like this, wish I knew about it earlier. Thank you!

So, this is the problem I'm having...

When I log into my Routers (Cisco) Setup Page, ( 192.168.1.254 )
It takes me to the System Summary page, where there's a long list of Device and Connection info. I located "WAN MAC" but the address is not visible, nor editable. Its just blank. Out of all the connections listed on this page, like wanlink1, Lan IP Address and many more; "WAN MAC" is the only one hiding it's address.
So, how am I supposed to change the very last one or two digits of my MAC address if I don't have the option to even see the address?
I clicked on the "Advanced" option and it says: User Access Denied. "This page can only be accessed by your service provider."

I'm currently using a Broadband Connection with Century Link, and have confirmed with them that it's Dynamic. Century Link has an entertainment bundle called "Prism TV," which I signed up for and a technician came in and took away my DSL box, and replaced it with a new Cisco router, that has all these ports for Internet/Wifi/TV... could this be causing the problem?

Is there something I can do to fix this, or would I have to drop my provider or just the "Prism TV?" :confused:

GreenBean 12-02-2012 02:15 AM

As far as I know, it may really not be possible to do that.

It's all tied up with the package you have been offered regarding cable, TV etc.

My understanding is that access to those parts of the system to change details for stealth purposes do not (easily) happen. The techs associated with this often give differing advice.

Which model CISCO do you have?

:spy:

csvmont 12-02-2012 02:52 PM

It's a Cisco DDR2200- CL ADSL2 + Residential Gateway.

I called Technical Support yesterday before logging in, because the user/password were different from the book, and I didn't have the manual for it. Anyways, they we're asking me so many questions as to why I wanted to access the Setup Page. I told them to change my IP, and they were all against it like if I was doing something wrong. They said there's no need because I already have a Dynamic IP, which changes 4 times a month.

I don't know what I should do, but I've been reading in the forum for several hours now and found that some members are using Mobile Broadband WiFi Devices because they automatically change IP when turned off & on. I'm considering one, I'm just worried about getting the wrong one. Some members are getting a different IP, while others get the same one, over and over again.

Could you or anyone recommend a Mobile Broadband WiFi Device, that has been proven to change IP address?

Thanks