Keep same IP for each account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 07-22-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Keep same IP for each account

I am sure many people have the same question and I searched the forum but did not see a clear answer to this question
I know how to change the IP address its a peace of cake but the problem is
is there a way you can get back an old IP address you changed?
I run more than 1 ebay account at a time, and I want to keep the same IP for each account rather than logging on with a different IP each time

is this somthing that can be done?

also if it cant will this create problems with ebay if they see you logging with a different IP each time you log to the same account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I do not believe its possible to get the same ip address back. It is the luck of the draw. I would try to keep the same mac address for each account and switch back and forth and see if that works.
Old 07-22-2008

Longevity: 92%

I am another one who can't keep the same ip. All I can do is write the new ip down each time because I am using three different accounts. For example yesterday when I made a new ip for user 2 I looked at my ip's and user 3 had used that one last week so I had release that and get another one. Is there an easier way?????
Old 07-23-2008

Longevity: 97%

If you have cable or DSL try this:

For this to work you have to be plugged into the modem (no router). Let me know if it works for you and I'll explain how I do this with my laptop wirelessly.

1. download MAC Makeup here http://www.gorlani.com/downloads/dlc...=macmakeup.zip
2. Unplug the power from the modem
3. Paste the MAC from your notepad into MAC Makeup and click change
4. Disable your LAN under network connections.
5. Click change again in MAC Makeup (This time it should say changed successfully)
6. Now plug the modem back in
7. Wait for the lights on the modem then re-enable your LAN
The Following User Says Thank You to coopster72 For This Useful Post:
eternalny (06-16-2010)
Old 08-29-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default ip address

Hello,
Do you need to change your ip when it is dynamic? My cable company says it's changes everytime I turn on my computer, true?
Also, If I install something call the "Anonymizer" will it block my ip?

Also, Can I use the debit I got when I opened up my new checking account to verify my account? Another words use it as my credit debit card to verify.
And can you explain how link your account by using your new email address on Pay pal so you don't have to link them together.

Please someone help,
Thank you
Old 03-05-2009

Longevity: 88%

There is NO way you are going to dictate a specific IP if it is currently assigned to another subscriber.
No matter what software you use, what technique you use, what hardware you use. NOTHING can produce the miracle of giving you the IP that someone else has at this moment.
So any system which claims otherwise is a fallacy. Don't even bother.

What DOES Work, is to ask your ISP to assign a BLOCK of IP's to your account ( they can do maybe 5 or 10 IP's) and you can choose anytime between IP's in that block.
these IPs are reserved for you, and are never assigned to anyone else.

You would than be able to use IP 1 with eBay account 1 , IP 2 with eBay account 2 and so on, always the same IP, and look like a very good boy to eBay .

THIS COSTS MONEY, AND POSSIBLY QUITE A BIT OF IT.

YOU'D NEED TO FIRST PAY FOR A Static IP ($5-35 PER MONTH EXTRA) THEN REQUEST A BLOCK OF IP'S ( $5-$50 PER MONTH EXTRA).
YOU DON;T NEED TO JUSTIFY TO THE ISP WHY YOU NEED THIS, THIS IS VERY OFTEN DONE WITH BUSINESS ACCOUNTS.

BUT IT'S NOT CHEAP.

If you're selling $2000+ per month on eBay then the extra cost is negligible.

Last edited by sick-bay; 03-05-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnedel View Post
Hello,
Do you need to change your ip when it is dynamic? My cable company says it's changes everytime I turn on my computer, true?
Also, If I install something call the "Anonymizer" will it block my ip?

Also, Can I use the debit I got when I opened up my new checking account to verify my account? Another words use it as my credit debit card to verify.
And can you explain how link your account by using your new email address on Pay pal so you don't have to link them together.

Please someone help,
Thank you
Many dynamic IP's expire and get renewed every few hours to few days.
BUT THE SERVER GIVES YOU THE SAME IP YOU HAD BEFORE WHENEVER IT CAN, FOR REASONS EXPLAINED IN ANOTHER THREAD.
So a dynamic IP may sometimes be frustratingly hard to change, if you're not aware of this fact.
Old 03-07-2009

Why would you need the same IP every time for an account? eBay has millions of members whose IPs change constantly (AOL, dynamic cable and DSL connections, Blackberrys and iPhones, WiFi, dialup, etc). Are you really considered a "bad boy" and get flagged if your account's IP isn't the same from session to session? That sounds like a stretch.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the key is for a new account never to have the same IP as an account or group of linked accounts that are suspended or in danger of becoming so.

I'm not suspended myself, but I have had a listing pulled for VeRO, so I'm already getting a totally unlinked account ready so that it will be in place with some feedback if/when I do get suspended. For me, changing the IP is as simple as turning off the power to my DSL modem for a couple minutes. The modem is awkwardly placed, as I expect most people's are, so I have it plugged into a power strip whose switch is in easy reach. I'm now in the habit of turning off the modem whenever I switch user accounts on my computer, and the home page on my browser is IPBurger.com, so I confirm that the IP has changed as soon as I open the browser.
Old 03-07-2009

Longevity: 87%

I'd rather keep each account tied to one ip... dial up is best and buy eBay Stealth. A trial membership to almost anything gets you free eBay Stealth. Dial up is cleaner for me at least... maybe I'll buy 20 routers next month but I'll do dial up for now.
Old 03-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGoode View Post
... turning off the power to my DSL modem for a couple minutes. The modem is awkwardly placed, as I expect most people's are, so I have it plugged into a power strip whose switch .
I use a wireless remote switch ($16 at Radio Shack) I plug ther router into the wireless box, then I can turn it on and off from my desk with the remote.
Once you get this, you'l kick yourself for not having done it sooner

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-09-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGoode View Post
Why would you need the same IP every time for an account? eBay has millions of members whose IPs change constantly (AOL, dynamic cable and DSL connections, Blackberrys and iPhones, WiFi, dialup, etc). Are you really considered a "bad boy" .
Nobody is considered a "bad boy" for one specific reason, you just accumulate risk points to your total.

The AOL and dial-up excuses don't actually work.

I used to be a web administrator for the US site of a foreign fragrance company. They were offering free perfume samples on their website if the user registered, and some abuse was noted with sample quantities. People registerng for multiple accounts to request samples over and over.

So we implemented a suite of session analysis tools.

for example, We wre able to measure a user's conection speed (from the time delay betwen HTTP requests while loading one page. IF a user has a different IP each time , but had a high connection sped, no way to fool us he was using dialup. Also his IP's name string (the identity of his ISP) was not "AOL", we are able to see that. You can't fool somebody that you '"may be using AOL", if you're not

<"""eBay has millions of members whose IPs change constantly """>
Actually, their IP may not be changing a much as you think

Even with dynamic IP, you'll be assigned the same IP over and over, unless you make a willful intervention to change that. SO your "willfulness" is noticed.

Remember, you can't fool session diagnostics into thinking youre using dialup (thus the IP change), if you're not.

These tools are available to any web administrator and are often part of the software he already has.
Ebay is likely to be more meticulous with session diagnostics than a perfume company. They may even be innovators when it comes to this.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-09-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I have yet to get the same IP twice, and I always switch between the same MAC addresses for my accounts. Each account has its own Mac address, how do you get the same IP again?
Old 03-14-2009

on some systems you may get the same IP again if you don't wait long enough between router power cycles.

The vast majority of people with hi speed connections visit ebay and paypal with the same IP each time because they do not tamper with their routers, and they are not trying to hide anyting (nor could they care less)

Last edited by sick-bay; 03-14-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-14-2009

In any case MAC address cannot be read by a remote server, so it does not play a role.

UNLESS you use ebay software (turbo lister, blackthorne), in which case the installed executable can see and report all hardware serials, not just the mac address.
Old 06-28-2009

Longevity: 86%
Red face turbo lister under differnt window user accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-bay View Post
In any case MAC address cannot be read by a remote server, so it does not play a role.

UNLESS you use ebay software (turbo lister, blackthorne), in which case the installed executable can see and report all hardware serials, not just the mac address.

Can I use turbo lister under differnt window user accounts?

Here are my experineces. It maybe sounds stupid but only recently I discovered stealth site. Before that I had no idea of how to avoid linking.

So far I have been always opening multiple new accounts with new cards under same user account and same IP. 95% new accounts got suspended once they listed. then I fax over the documents get them reinstated. Once the accounts got back it seems Ok to sell again, still same window account same IP, using turbo lister.

I know all my accounts are linked because after I signed into one account, it keeps showing the name of my previous suspended account. I never cleaned my cookies. Sometimes had to log out and log in again to leave feedback. Nevertheless this one has been selling for over a month still alive. Even after aother acount got suspended because of not paying fees this one is not effected.

My guess is once you got your suspended account back it's much safer? My concern is I have just got another two suspended account back but don't want to be suspended again. But they all linked before. Does it make sense to run them under different user accounts and changing IP now? I want to start sell asap but still haven't figured out how to change IP. Maybe I will risk one more account if I can't wait.

Last edited by jadore; 06-28-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-29-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

The accounts are already linked, separating them now, will do nothing. The best option for you is to make a new user account, change your ip, and make a fresh set of stealth accounts. Keep them separated from your other accounts. Which means don't log into the other ebay/paypal accounts, on the same user account as your new stealth accounts.
Old 08-04-2009

Longevity: 89%

You can buy as many IP addresses as you want from Sprint for $3 a month per IP and run off their MIFI system for $59 a month. You need to talk to advance tech support though as the CSR who know little english won't know what you are talking about.