eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/)
-   -   Please help me with the IP change (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-address/62586-please-help-me-ip-change.html)

zhouxiao92 07-28-2013 05:03 AM

Please help me with the IP change

Before I was using ATT U-verse internet service,I had tired many ways to change the IP address. Finally find out that is a static IP address will not able change it. Well I need dynamic IP address. So I just change to Time warner cable..They told me It is a dynamic Ip address, I will getting change each time I am restart the modem. After I tired many times to get a new IP address..It doesn't works!!!
Anyone can help me with this?
Do you have any best way to easy changing IP address? Because I have many stealth accounts...
Please give me some suggest!
Thank you.:humble:

JJGold 07-28-2013 06:11 AM

Log into your router, look under basic settings and find the MAC, change the last 2 digits of the MAC, and apply. After it applies, power down your router and modem, wait 10 secs and turn back on. Try that.

rsot 07-28-2013 06:46 AM

@OP, like JJGold stated - turn off the modem and wait for a min before turning it back on for new IP.

Dynamic IP Address isn't very dynamic. - Time Warner Internet Services | DSLReports Forums.

You can also look into dongle or cellphone tethering - look at posts in the IP section

Or change your IP provider too now that Time Warner has been identified as problematic for dynamic IP

GreenBean 07-28-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhouxiao92 (Post 471671)
Before I was using ATT U-verse internet service,I had tired many ways to change the IP address. Finally find out that is a static IP address will not able change it. Well I need dynamic IP address. So I just change to Time warner cable..They told me It is a dynamic Ip address, I will getting change each time I am restart the modem. After I tired many times to get a new IP address..It doesn't works!!!
Do you have any best way to easy changing IP address? Because I have many stealth accounts...

Time Warner is hard to change. It is a sticky IP. Slow to release

Pity you did not check here before using them

You may need to use tethering etc

Try the methods suggested. But long term, you should think of another option that will work for stealth

:mod:

MM78 07-28-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

I have Time Warner and I quit trying to change IP's....it's virtually impossible or near impossible.

I would suggest you get a USB Modem or as we call them...Dongles.

GreenBean 07-28-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 471704)
I have Time Warner and I quit trying to change IP's....it's virtually impossible or near impossible.

I would suggest you get a USB Modem or as we call them...Dongles.

Says it all, MM78.

If you could not manage it.......

Dongles FTW

:thumb:

JamesNorth101 07-28-2013 07:58 AM

Dongle does seem to be your best solution, another solution is phone tethering if you already have a phone capable of it.

zhouxiao92 07-29-2013 03:06 AM

What is a Dongle? Anyone can explain? Where I can find it...

AuctionsDenied 07-29-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

So I just change to Time warner cable..They told me It is a dynamic Ip address, I will getting change each time I am restart the modem. After I tired many times to get a new IP address..It doesn't works!!!

I have TWC and this is how I change my IP.

I log into the router, change a digit or letter in last two characters and then apply changes.

I then go to my router and cable modem and
unplug Router
unplug cable modem
take battery back up out of cable modem
disconnect cable from modem

plug in the router
put the battery back in
connect cable back in modem
plug modem back in

I then check IP burger and track the IP

Sounds like a lot of steps, but takes about 20 seconds

Hope this helps

GreenBean 07-29-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhouxiao92 (Post 471958)

To help in this quest, a couple of threads with great posts by MM78

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...dongle-ip.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...-accounts.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...tml#post432213

read them and aks more questions

Good Luck

:pop2:

rsot 07-30-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhouxiao92 (Post 471958)

If you have a smartphone, also worth reading about cellphone tethering for IP.